PDA

View Full Version : Another School Shooting Rest In Peace

ZeroLogic
04-16-2007, 01:37 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/index.html

Rest in peace.:(

AtvMxRider
04-16-2007, 01:51 PM
It's a damn shame kids can't even go to school these days without worrying about getting killed.

Villageidiott23
04-16-2007, 01:54 PM
death toll between 32 and 35 now wtf.

Robin Hood
04-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Totally ridiculous. I can't believe this **** happened. :mad:

RIP. The families and friends are in my prayers.

JRP
04-16-2007, 02:20 PM
i knew about 15 ppl that go there, as far as i know they are ok and safe. just really pisses me off that we have to worry about this these days. my sister goes to JMU and alot of her friends go to tech. she told me she herd that the whole deal was over a girlfriend/boyfriend thing, and the guy did it execution style:grr: :(
This is probably the most upsetting thing ive herd about in a while, and i just pray for all the families and all the kids that lost their lives today :( :( :(

XCAdam89
04-16-2007, 02:28 PM
My sister's boyfriend and alot of her friends go to tech. Most of them are OK, but a kid who graduated last year was on the same floor of the dorm as the shooting, heard the shots, then jumped out his window to save himself. He broke his ankle, and got a few bruises, but he made it out ok.

04-16-2007, 02:34 PM
whats wrong with these kids that pick up a gun and shoot everyone for no reason??

Pappy
04-16-2007, 02:37 PM
it wasnt a kid, it was a man in his 20's.

it is a shame..to bad no one there could fight back.

04-16-2007, 02:42 PM
still stupid, i dont care how bad your life is or how bad you think you got it, no one should ever pick up a gun and try and kill as many people as possible

MOFO
04-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
it wasnt a kid, it was a man in his 20's.

it is a shame..to bad no one there could fight back.

From my understanding VA has a CCW law but the university has a "gun free zone" policy. So much for being safe in a "gun free zone". Prime example of what happens when you remove the guns from law abiding citizens and the bad guys still get their guns... :rolleyes:

I wonder what the outcome would have been with someone who had a CCW - you can bet the SOB never would have killed as many people as he did.

My prayers go out to each of the family's. :(

04-16-2007, 04:16 PM
yup. Like they say if everyone has a gun, we all would be alot safer

XCAdam89
04-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
yup. Like they say if everyone has a gun, we all would be alot safer

Tend to agree and disagree. Too many idiots in the world, and having a gun when their angry doesn't help either.

Pappy
04-16-2007, 04:28 PM
i wasnt only refering to only ccw ...i was thinking of the people he lined up and shot execution style. this is indeed a tragedy but one can not help to wonder what one or two ccw holders could have done to stop the madness IF they had the oppertunity.

ive already turned off the news as all they seem to be doing is getting "experts" on there blaming video games.....and getting 2 minutes of air time.

a nut job went on a rampage....throw his carcass in a dump and let the rats and crows worry with him.

XCAdam89
04-16-2007, 04:38 PM
i wasnt only refering to only ccw ...i was thinking of the people he lined up and shot execution style. this is indeed a tragedy but one can not help to wonder what one or two ccw holders could have done to stop the madness IF they had the oppertunity.

ive already turned off the news as all they seem to be doing is getting "experts" on there blaming video games.....and getting 2 minutes of air time.

a nut job went on a rampage....throw his carcass in a dump and let the rats and crows worry with him.

I agree 100%, Execution Style was definately a tragedy and I'm sure if one or two people in the classroom had a gun, there would have been a substantially smaller amount of victims.

The media always blows everything out of proportion. One maniac goes on a spree, and somehow video games, music, ect. are responsible? Same with the war in Iraq, The media portray's the Iraqui's want us out, but after talking with numerous marines, and other military men, the people in Iraq are more than happy for our help over there.

In the end, this was a tragedy and I can't imagine being in one of those dorms at a time like that, but the government needs to look to the future and try to find ways to prevent future attacks.

04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
we all might as well get used to it though. These type of things will never end. And they will only get worse as time goes on

MOFO
04-16-2007, 04:42 PM
but one can not help to wonder what one or two ccw holders could have done to stop the madness IF they had the oppertunity.

I took this from another board. Similar problem that occured @ a University in Texas - years ago, but still shows what could happen when the good guys are armed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having been a student at the U. of Texas in the summer of 1966, I had the misfortune of witnessing most of Charles Whitman's shooting rampage from the top of the UT Tower. I can certainly emphasize with the terror the VT kids felt, but at least I and my roommate could crouch behind a car to watch for over almost an hour.
Whitman killed 12 & wounded 29 in that time, but was prevented from running the numbers higher because students who kept hunting rifles in their dorm rooms & apartments fired back at him, thereby forcing him to take cover. Before that return fire started up, we could clearly see him leaning over the parapet shooting with his Remington bolt action. Then he was forced to shoot through the drain holes, which greatly reduced his field of fire. Of the three men who confronted Whitman on the Tower's observation deck, two were uniformed policemen, and the third was a civilian bookstore manager who had his own handgun with him.

In all the time afterward, I never felt the need for gun bans of any kind.

MOFO
04-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
we all might as well get used to it though. These type of things will never end. And they will only get worse as time goes on

Get used to it???

Personally I'm stocking up on magazines and more ammo as I fear the liberals will be using this as leverage for more gun control.

I won't get used to it and will not let this happen to my family - we are armed and always will be (CCW).

04-16-2007, 04:47 PM
this is a shame. i still dont understand the motive for this kid. i mean, if he had a hard life or something, it couldnt have been that terrible. atleast kill yourself and not take names with you. i hope there wasnt a plan behind this. i feel terrible for the parents and friends of these 32 people.

may they rest in peace!

XCAdam89
04-16-2007, 04:48 PM
I think they should be allowed guns. Funny how the rules change when one maniac bursts in with a gun.

Pappy
04-16-2007, 04:49 PM
thanks for the info eric (btw...you need to pm me and let me know wtf is going on, you got us worried as hell!)

ive always had plenty of ammo, firearms and most importantly the will and skill to use them. reading the above qoute about Whitman makes me wonder when we stopped allowing our citizens to become unaccountable for their actions and levied the burdon of guilt on the object. strange world we live in.

MOFO
04-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
but the government needs to look to the future and try to find ways to prevent future attacks.

What can the gov't do to prevent this? The guy took his own life - what punishment can they use for this when its a suicide mission?

Honestly, the only true answer is to allow the good guys to defend themselves - drop the "gun free zones". Obviously the "gun free zone" policy did not prevent today's tragedy - it only allowed everyone to be sitting ducks and gave this a-hole the upper hand. :( :( :(

04-16-2007, 04:56 PM
mofo im saying you shoudl get used to it because their isnt anything you can do to prevent things liek this. Sure you can "load up" and protect yourself, thats the best option but Killing sprees will never go out of style. Their is always going to be people around that do things like this....get used to it

Pappy
04-16-2007, 05:06 PM
there is nothing to get used to...things of this nature have been happening since before modern time, now when it happens it is around the world in seconds.

all i know is there is a bunch of families tonight wondering why....and unfortunatley they will soon be on the news striking vengence at the tool used to perpetrate this crime. one can argue that gun laws could have prevented something like this, ofcourse they cant argue that fewer restrictions for others could possibly have helped end the situation sooner with less loss of life. the mere fact of a society knowing that the majority is armed and trained will prevent a majority of crime. i am not sure how it would affect someone who is hell bent on killing people enmass and committing suicide in the process however.

sick world

nowukno
04-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Living 7 miles from tech campus im in shock. It's just crazy , i know 20-25 people who go there and im lucky have reached every one of them. Just crazy that all that crap is/was going on where i have been plenty of times. My thoughts and prayers and with the friends and families. RIP

JRP
04-16-2007, 05:12 PM
this is what ive found out what happened according to my sisters friends that go to tech.... it was a man, mostlikely goes to tech, he was an asian man, and he was looking for his girl friend. He went to her dorm and she wasnt there, but her room mate was.... he asked her where she was, and either she didnt know, or wouldnt tell him so he shot her to death, then the manager of the dorm came to see what happened and the man shot him too. Then he got out of that building and went 1/2 mile on the opposite side of the campus and went into the other building. Went in and out of 6 diff classes looking for his gf. he shot some professors in different classes. Just to make things a little more disturbing, he brought his own chains and pad locks to lock himself into the classroom so he could kill everyone without the cops comming in.... He ended up just shooting everyone in there, along with killing himself. Apparently he shot himself so bad, they said he is un recognizeable.... The campus made a horrible decision not locking down the whole campus after the first 2 murders. Another thing is the shooter was in the other building for 30minutes shooting people, and cops never went in. There is a vid a student took on his phone that clearly herd 27 shots being fired inside the building, and many more went off. In my opinion they should of atleast shut down campus and put everyone on lockdown all day untill they were 100% sure the shooter was not on campus... they even let the shuttle bus bring kids onto campus after the 1st two murders. Damn this chit jus really makes me upset and pisses me off.....

AtvMxRider
04-16-2007, 05:27 PM
It is a sad screwed up deal. The thing that pisses me off is the media circus that is going on around it. One reporter asked someone that was in one of the classroom how he felt while the gunman was in there shooting:huh . How the **** you think he felt?

JRP
04-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
It is a sad screwed up deal. The thing that pisses me off is the media circus that is going on around it. One reporter asked someone that was in one of the classroom how he felt while the gunman was in there shooting:huh . How the **** you think he felt?

yea i herd that too. just screwed up stuff. :( :( :(

416exfreak
04-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Personally, I believe he should have turned the gun on himself. He went there with the intention to KILL! We shouldnt give him a trial, or even try to get him help. I think we should put him out about 50 yards and let each of the family members get a shot at him. Personally, I dont see how someone can be so angry over a BF or GF that they kill innocent ppl. Yes, ive wanted to beat someones arse for stealing a girl that i really care for, but i took it out on lockers, walls, ect.

We deffinately need to stock up on ammo, because the liberals will be trying to completely ban guns if something like this happens again...:ermm:

AtvMxRider
04-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Personally, I believe he should have turned the gun on himself. He went there with the intention to KILL! We shouldnt give him a trial, or even try to get him help.

He's dead

Tommy 17
04-16-2007, 05:46 PM
this scares the crap outta me... i know if someone wanted to they could easily kill 1,000 kids in a min on the main sidewalks of penn state... theres easily 1,000 kids in range that u could mow down if u wanted during peak hours walking to and from class...

makes me wanna carrry to class!

Pappy
04-16-2007, 05:53 PM
He's dead

VA State Police are reporting that this could be two totally seperate incidents and that a person of intrest in the first shooting is not that of the dead shooter from the second scene

Pappy
04-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
this scares the crap outta me... i know if someone wanted to they could easily kill 1,000 kids in a min on the main sidewalks of penn state... theres easily 1,000 kids in range that u could mow down if u wanted during peak hours walking to and from class...

my first thoughts when i heard 32 dead was....thats all:ermm:

when someone really goes nuts it will turn this country on its ear(not that 32 is not bad enough)

AtvMxRider
04-16-2007, 05:56 PM
VA State Police are reporting that this could be two totally seperate incidents and that a person of intrest in the first shooting is not that of the dead shooter from the second scene

Well that just sucks. I turned the news off I didn't want to listen anymore

04-16-2007, 06:07 PM
There has been so many school shootings it dont shock me anymore.

Tommy 17
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
my first thoughts when i heard 32 dead was....thats all:ermm:

when someone really goes nuts it will turn this country on its ear(not that 32 is not bad enough)

i agree... heck one car could take out 500 kids on the sidewalk alone up here in the blink of an eye if they really wanted 2... for a 1/4 mile both sides of the road is a line of people back to back packed... also if u were to open fire into that line of people the numbers would just be devistating!

Quad18star
04-16-2007, 07:23 PM
How much do you want to bet , that this just sparks a bunch of other school shootings ?? It happens everytime there's a school shooting .... a couple weeks later , someone goes psycho and tries to out-do the previous .

Doesn't help when the media goes out and says " This killing takes Top Ranking among school shootings"

Top Ranking ????:huh Is this supposed to be something that has a ranking ?? Kind of like the best football team in the league is ranked Top Team ??

Leave it up to the media to glorify school shottings .

ZeroLogic
04-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Well that just sucks. I turned the news off I didn't want to listen anymore

I have too, to much crap on the news lately between the war and murders. Everything turned to hell after 9/11. I guess the terrorist got what they wanted.:ermm:

JOEX
04-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I have too, to much crap on the news lately between the war and murders. Everything turned to hell after 9/11. I guess the terrorist got what they wanted.:ermm:
Even though I belive this is a type of terrorism I don't belive the type terrorists involved in 9/11 had anything to do with this.:ermm:

ZeroLogic
04-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Even though I belive this is a type of terrorism I don't belive the type terrorists involved in 9/11 had anything to do with this.:ermm:

I didn't mean it in that way. Terrorism had nothing to do with the shooting,

Whats the only way to bring down a country? Take down its economy. When 9/11 happened, gas prices went up airports profits went way down. Thousands of lives were lost. Two of the most important buildings in America disappeared. They wanted everyone to be paranoid. The Iraq war more then likely would of never happened if 9/11 never happened as well with Afghanistan. No wars mean no negitive media right? See what I'm trying to say.

Lets try to keep the tread on topic though.:)

scruff_mcruff
04-17-2007, 12:36 AM
He's dead thats what he is saying, atleast this prick cant go to trial and get life for what he did like the snipers.

<DRS>GPF
04-17-2007, 05:58 AM
so far theyve named a few of the victims, but not the shooter..
i wonder what the problem is? or what they perceive it to be?

i want to hear the name of the shooter. "asian male" is all theyll say.

Quad18star
04-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
so far theyve named a few of the victims, but not the shooter..
i wonder what the problem is? or what they perceive it to be?

i want to hear the name of the shooter. "asian male" is all theyll say.

Cho Seung-Hui ... 23 year old South Korean english major . They don't know too much about him or know anyone that knows him ... he was a loner.

Killed the 2 people in the dorm , went back to his dorm to reload his guns , then went on his shooting spree a few hours later . Was using 9mm hand guns .

MOFO
04-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Was using 9mm hand guns .

EDIT:

Correction - Glock 19.

<DRS>GPF
04-17-2007, 11:32 AM
since he wasnt a US citizen, he shouldnt have been able to buy them(if he actually bought them..)

should be interesting to see how he was able to get them and what dealer they eventually trace them to..

Pappy
04-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
since he wasnt a US citizen, he shouldnt have been able to buy them(if he actually bought them..)

should be interesting to see how he was able to get them and what dealer they eventually trace them to..

they are reporting his parents lived in centerville VA and he shared domocile between that location and the dorm on campus. sounds as if he was a citizen.

also reported that he used a 9mm and 22 caliber handguns.

quads14589
04-17-2007, 12:40 PM
the 9mm he used was a glock and they found paper work of him buying the handgun

quads14589
04-17-2007, 12:41 PM
but dont you need a pistol permet to buy a handgun?? thats what it is in ct

<DRS>GPF
04-17-2007, 12:46 PM
they are reporting his parents lived in centerville VA and he shared domocile between that location and the dorm on campus. sounds as if he was a citizen.

the whole story seems to be evolving by the minute.. give it a while and he'll have been US based al kieda(sp)..

you can bet that whatever they find about "how, when and why" that there'll be a storm of firearm opponents and proponents taking any remaining news time..
at least its not more about "nappy headed ho's" and anna nicole smith..(bet thats not the first time those words were used in the same sentence)

Quad18star
04-17-2007, 02:26 PM

I think too much news info comming in all at the same time is screwing things up . They reported his parents lived in the US but that was was a foreign exchange student . But then they reported that he grew up in that one neighbourhood when he was young. :confused:

None the less , tragic event that shouldn't have happened . :(

mx428
04-17-2007, 03:45 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/US/04/17/vtech.shooting/story.vt14.tues.ap.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/US/04/17/vtech.shooting/newt1.1645.cho.ap.jpg

NacsMXer
04-17-2007, 04:07 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070417/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_shooting

Summary of what is known at this time. I'll admit, I was a bit surprised when they released the identity of the killer, seems like the type you would never suspect but that is usually how it goes these days :ermm: Just kills you to hear about these things in the world we live in today :(