PDA

View Full Version : no show for apex

77racerdad
04-16-2007, 11:47 AM
i was looking at apex 90 mxpro to buy but 2 showed up at the race one made 1st moto zero made it to the main. both of them lost the gears. they were from 2 diff. shops both said apex suggest that that you run a tranny saver in them . if they know about this why dont they put it them from the get go . this would save them all the repairs from your 6 mo warr. both dad's said they good to them so far but when they call today and tell them about the gears ????:mad: :mad: i hope apex is working on this they seem to be quick at 1'st they do look good

TEXWS6
04-16-2007, 01:57 PM
please do research before you bash....none of the quads (apex, drr, etc) that utilize the same two stroke motor come with a tranny saver from the factory...

markvette
04-16-2007, 05:54 PM
yes and all have basically the same tranny gears. i seen a dinli break a tranny on its first race too. if you have an agressive rider on a cvt mini a tranny saver is a must. we have broke more trannies on our eton than i can count. bad thing is when the tranny breaks and cracks the case or breaks the rear bearing out of the case. then you have to replace the left hand case. we have done that 5 time also. glad my boy has moved up to a 300ex.

Mark

aasco90
04-16-2007, 06:41 PM
my son has lost one set of gears in a year, no joke.

miniquad
04-16-2007, 08:02 PM
I think the best way to help prevent trans breakage is to do the trans bushing mod that keeps the gears from pushing apart and stipping the teeth off the gears keeping the gear mesh tight is very important an agressive rider can break the gears on any of the cvt style bikes without the proper support.

77racerdad
04-17-2007, 10:11 AM
AASCO 90 thank you for the picture any one have put one on a plolaris 90 with reverse they are diff. can you send picture DW'Smag(the apex pro mx 100 atv is an out-of-the-box race ready atv. BULIT with the novice racer in mind.:ermm: :ermm: is that a agressive rider. one of the rider is real agressive he not scared to bump the other is not he move over and lets other buy just thought if its for a novice rider and they suggest you put one on from the dealer they would have put one on before you buy it. and they said you have cut or machine it after u buy the kit. any picture of that part????

ecmini1
04-17-2007, 03:32 PM
We suggest to our customers to have the bushing installed in the trans. when buying a cvt mini.
We have done sevral mods to the cvt trans and where they were breaking trans. like clock work none have broke yet. This is not bullit proof but it comes close some kids can break anvil but we can only try to prvent breakage.

forgiven
04-17-2007, 08:22 PM
I was under the understanding that DRR used hardened gears and the others don't. Not that hardened gears would prevent this just discussing the differences of them.

I do think if that is the case it would help to some degree, but to what extent...I don't know

ecmini1
04-18-2007, 05:36 AM
Harden gears wont prevent this. Its not the gears its the inner bearing not being strong enough to support the main gear when landing with the throttle on. The main gear moves around and either strips or breaks the teeth off due to them not staying meshed together. We have bearing cages from the inner bearing that are crack on the back side from the main shaft walking around and beating the bearing.

Only an agressive will be breaking gears over and over but I think its a good idea to due the bushing mod all cvt trans.

newnick
04-18-2007, 05:57 AM
I believe the main cause is kids not getting off the gas in the air or overtightening the chain. We have a 04 Eton that my boy has raced since 05.
Last year he won the STQRA series in Supermini. This past weekend the output shaft spline stripped where the sprocket is. I tore the trans apart and there is very little wear on the gears, one tooth has some pitting across the contact area and a few more have very minor pitting.

ProMX90
04-18-2007, 09:15 AM
From what I hear, Apex will be installing these case savers and brass bushings from the factory soon.

77racerdad
04-18-2007, 12:38 PM
that would be cool it just might get them one more sell (us). that would show me that they are tring to make it right. any more pitures of the tranny saver from start to finish . that is what gave way on ours the outer cover .someone said to fill this with JB WELD any pictures

ecmini1
04-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Fill what with JB weld? Are you talking about the void above the bearing support? If so with the main shaft secured you dont really have to worry about that but every precaution taken means less brakeage.

i-zapp
04-18-2007, 02:38 PM
the fastest three kids in the 70 cvt class also DNF'ed first moto: one broken trans, one stripped outputshaft (ours), and one crash. it was a rough track, and sunday was no better after a night of pouring rain. i'm not going to comment on the trans saver for fear of jynxing myself. :huh

dodgepower
04-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Markvette,

I think i got an idea on that Dinli with first race broke gears:)

markvette
04-19-2007, 08:39 AM
now dodge i didnt mention any names. i have seen them all break gears and cases.

Mark

dodgepower
04-19-2007, 09:36 AM
LOL not hollering just figure i probably know who you are talking about:)

77racerdad
04-19-2007, 09:53 AM
ecmini1 yes the web area around the bearing on the case.did not know if anyone had some pic. just like to see what it should look like so i dont mess it up just like the pic. that aasco 90 put up. you can see it on.. not just a pic. of parts

ecmini1
04-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Here are pics of the bushing mod with our press in bushing made of bronze/alum.

ecmini1
04-19-2007, 10:03 AM
here is a close up

77racerdad
04-19-2007, 10:57 AM
ecmini1 yes thank you, I CAN SEE :eek2: :macho . SOMEDAY I WILL LEARN HOW TO POST PIC. MY TRANNY IS DIFF. IT'S ONE WITH REVERSE . ALL THE GEARS COME OUT THE CHAIN SIDE BUT IT WILL HLEP SOME OUT THEIR I KNOW IT HELPS ME WITH WHAT ALL YOU COOL DAD'S DO SO I CAN LOOK COOL TO MY SON IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS:D :D :D :blah:

77racerdad
04-19-2007, 12:24 PM
I MIGHT BE ON TO SOMETHING !! MY BOY