PDA

View Full Version : Rudbud MX track.

blholtz
04-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Just a quick note to inform any and all in the area of Redbud as to there attitude towards us as Quad riders.

Three of us went to the track yesterday (4-15-07) to race, it was the Loretta Lynn's qualifier, but they did have it posted that they were running all classes.

We got there Sunday and registered, we were getting ready to practice and they called us back to registration and told us that they would not run us they gave us our money back and tried to give us a free practice pass, but the doesn't even come close to the gas we Wasted driving there to get told no. They wouldn't let us ride because they were not enough of registered.

As close as i can figure it cost me $105 in just gas to get there and back home. I live 150 miles from the track.

:grr:

They did not even really give a crap one way or the other. That last statement doesn't even give there attitude justice.

Anyway the reason for this is to inform everyoone as to the attitude towards quad riders at this track, this is not the first time they have acted this way towards us.

We are trying to get the word out and get everyone that live near that track and rides quads to boycot that track and let the track know why you are not attending there events.

Also pass this on to those in your circles and lets all let them know that they are not the only game in the area.

We did find a track after being told we would not run at redbud.

The name of the track is DIRT mx in Kingsley, IN and the owner of the track was even cool enough to come over and thank us for coming to his track.

He also told us that he would like to see more quads give his track a shot.

This track was only about 45 minutes southwest of Redbud, so he is in the area. There is another track just around the corner from DIRT MX, but I know nothing of that track.

I do know they are clase enough to avoind redbud though.

Please help sen Redbud the message that we will not be treated second rate. THANKS.

Ty's400
04-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Well I'm sorry to here you had a bad experience at Redbud. I don't exactly agree with you though on your perspective of the facility. Redbud is one of the most premier tracks in the U.S. and has hosted a round of the ATVA Nationals for years and allowed many quad races. It is greatly like by many riders both pro and amateur. I have raced there several times and even on non-national quad race events. They have always showed great respect to quad riders. I have also been there when only a few quads showed up and they still allowed us to race. The staff at Redbud is one of the best around in my opinion. From what you posted it sounds like an accident of not posting NO QUADS for that date. You see the Loretta Lynn's area qualifiers which were running that weekend are for dirtbikes only. All the tracks I know of that host a qualifier event don't allow quads to race, because it is a dirtbike only event. I mean they can't really do much in terms of your gas expense driving there, but I guarantee you a lot of places wouldn't give you a free practice pass along with your money back. They would just give you your race fee back.

FUTheman
04-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Red Bud Rocks! It was an dirt bike event last weekend. I'm surprised you even went. Dirt MX and Motoland are both in Kingsbury, IN and are both great tracks as well. We ride all three tracks and they all have done a great job this spring getting everything going. I think you went to Red Bud at the wrong time. It just wasn't a quad weekend. Should have done your homework prior to leaving.

blholtz
04-16-2007, 10:17 AM
First off it was not an accident as to posting NO QUADS their schedule on the web site said "all" d-14 classes. There is no mistake in that.

Second the only thing they said was there aren't enough of you, so we are not putting you in the schedule, NOT, hey we screwed up and showed not have posted it for all classes.

Nothing was even said about anything other than that.

I have to admit that I do like the track and we went there to ride and to watch the Qualifiers.

As for their national this year watch how small the attendance will be with the WPSA being the same weekend in Taylorville, IL.

And you are right they usually don't allow quads at the track during the qualifiers, why? Might tear up a precious rut for the premadonna's.

If that is they way they wanted it, it should have been posted that way. No worries though bet they will not have this in the future. Like I stated this is not the first occurance at the track towards quads and there are more people ticked over this than just those of us who were there for this experience.

If your not on board with trying to get things changed for quads all over the place, then please set back a keep quiet while everyone gets sick of the AMA and the ATVA setting back and not promoting the quads they way they should be. BUt when you set at the Quad National and you see o one there because they are at the WPSA races. Wpsa Started and is fourishing in the void that the ATVA created by not promoting quads.

Is the ATVA going to die on the national level? Could be.

And then even less support on the local level will be the end result. Then were will you be, maybe without being allowed to ride redbud at all.

Or maybe the WPSA will start running on the local level and push the ATVA into the grave.

As for theirifree pass it was going to cost us even more lost time waiting for them to get that taken care of. The only reason that was offered was because we didn't take this lightly.
So was it offered willingly I think not.

blholtz
04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by FUTheman
Red Bud Rocks! It was an dirt bike event last weekend. I'm surprised you even went. Dirt MX and Motoland are both in Kingsbury, IN and are both great tracks as well. We ride all three tracks and they all have done a great job this spring getting everything going. I think you went to Red Bud at the wrong time. It just wasn't a quad weekend. Should have done your homework prior to leaving.

Did our homework and all was good till we got there and signed up.

I even called the track to make sure that quads would be allowed to ride before we drove all the way there.

So please do not try to make this look like we were the idiots in this and make the track look to not be at fault in this mess.

OutlawEX
04-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Well I called before heading out to Re Bud and they said they are still running. So I sattled up and HEaded 200 miles west to reach redbud. Im not a fan of the track anyways as its quality isnt up to par like it was 3 years ago. Anyways I like to show tracks appreciation for how they offer riding for us. So After calling,looking at their site they stated quads welcome. 7 of us were already signed up and more to sign up but we were not offered to gather the riders up as they didnt state we needed only so many. Basically they said we cant let you run today but here is a 30 dollar practice pass. I just spent at least 200 dollars in fuel and food to get turned down. If they advertised on their site to allow quads and take phone calls and say quads racing. Then I exspect to get there and race. Just a future warning you may not race if they state running quads. I suggest hitting up Taylorville,IL for the WPSA race as they stick to their word and know what they are offering. No one can sit here and say the track is as good as its ever been as they have filled 20% of the track with beach sand in area's where it should be clay. And there are alot of voices that are quiet about this subject. I bet 3/5 pro's will agree and Ricky Carmichael also stated how crappy the track has been in last years motcross action

dober250R
04-16-2007, 05:29 PM
I would not be a happy camper if I drove all the way to a track and they told us we couldn't run. Especially if a phone call was made to make sure that quads were running. I just don't see the common sense to not let the quads run, if there was only 7, run em all in 1 moto........ I will definitely think twice about giving any money to Red Bud.

Warnerade
04-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Ty's400
Well I'm sorry to here you had a bad experience at Redbud. I don't exactly agree with you though on your perspective of the facility. Redbud is one of the most premier tracks in the U.S. and has hosted a round of the ATVA Nationals for years and allowed many quad races. It is greatly like by many riders both pro and amateur. I have raced there several times and even on non-national quad race events. They have always showed great respect to quad riders. I have also been there when only a few quads showed up and they still allowed us to race. The staff at Redbud is one of the best around in my opinion. From what you posted it sounds like an accident of not posting NO QUADS for that date. You see the Loretta Lynn's area qualifiers which were running that weekend are for dirtbikes only. All the tracks I know of that host a qualifier event don't allow quads to race, because it is a dirtbike only event. I mean they can't really do much in terms of your gas expense driving there, but I guarantee you a lot of places wouldn't give you a free practice pass along with your money back. They would just give you your race fee back. You are a moron...

Redbuds facility and track has gone WAY down the past few years...the only part of their track that makes me wanna go there is the launch pad and the whoops...which suck after the first practice session anyway.

firefighterjosh
04-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Sorry about your bad experinces. I do not run MX but have heard alot of good things about red bud. This is the first bad thing I have heard.

I have praticed MX and race GPs at these facilitys.

Trojan MX Park - North Webster Indiana
Hang Time - Akron, IN
DandD MX - Rochester IN
Fulton County - Rochester

Baer Field Speedway - Fort Wayne IN www.baerfieldspeedwat.com

The above places are not very big. But do like quads very much. I have talked to them and they where excited about quads being there. There not going to be as big as red bud. Prally be more like a practice track to most of you but they are quad friendly.

blholtz
04-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the link to the riding locations in IN, have looked at them before and as far as I can tell they are not a lot farther away than going to redbud or some of the tracks in northern MI.

Ty's400
04-16-2007, 09:04 PM
NacsRacer027- thanks for your enlighted response. So please inform me with you bountiful knowledge of why the track has gone WAY down

Ty's400
04-16-2007, 09:07 PM
blholtz- I'm sorry for any emotions I may have stirred early. I simply meant it as I didn't understand. Reading further into your posts that you even called and they said quads were allowed is ridiculous. I do agree that that was very poor on their behalf. I just wanted to point that I've never seen or heard a problem, but not saying there hasn't been, obviously you have encountered some problems.

blholtz
04-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Ty's 400 thank for the apology, I may not have explained it well enough to be understood.

As to the track condition, I do not personally know if the track is better or worse as I just got to ride the track for the first time at a practice day a couple of weeks ago.

But from what I have been told is that they have brought in tons of sand and made the track very loose and ruined some of the jump faces.

I do know from the one practice i was at that the jump face for the step up double was severly rutted up from the bikes running up the hill, not knocking the bikes at all, just stating the fact.

As for Nacracer I know the knucle head and he would not say that a track has gone downhill just to bash the track.

Also if you go back in history to last years MX national, even Ricky Carmicheal said the track was not up to par with the quality it had been in the past.

zuki#444
04-18-2007, 04:01 PM
this goes beyond what happened sunday, it has to do with how they treat us as local racers as a whole. As the guy said they have a good rep nationally but locally they are the worst about dealing with quads and they'er treatment towards us. the michigan quad racers are as of now going to boycott redbud. We are going to boycott the state championship races and the national (like anyone will be they'er anyway) but we ask you to join and help maybe they will get the point but idont think they will