PDA

View Full Version : akward idle

KAlger
04-15-2007, 08:45 PM
After I start up my 05 250ex and it gets up to operating temp, the idle drastically increases. Can anybody suggest a fix? maybe a pilot jet or something?? Thanks

07250ex
04-15-2007, 08:58 PM
on one of my friends bikes once the bike is warm the bike gets substantilly louder and he changes the idle screw on the carb back down

ryanh250ex
04-15-2007, 10:11 PM
I dont really understand the question. The bike will idle lower once warm.

if the idle is to the point where it sounds like its skipping and barely holding its idle, then the idle screw needs to be adjusted.

if the idle has a lope, your fuel screw needs to be adjusted. with a stock cam the idle should be very smooth at idle.

if the idle is low one second and high the next, you should check for air leaks.

KAlger
04-16-2007, 09:44 AM
its as if its running with the choke on.

after it you start it up and run in for 2 minutes, you come to a stop and the bike increases revs noticibly. and like it was mentioned early, we can back out the idle but that doesn't seem like the appropriate fix.

300exOH
04-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Make sure your throttle cable and choke cable are adjusted properly first. If that isn't the problem try adjusting the fuel screw (small brass screw just in front of the carb bowl that points straight down). I would start at about 1.5-2 turns out from lightly seated and adjust for the highest idle possible and then back off the screw slightly(about 1/8- 1/4 turn). **Make sure you get the engine up to full operating temp before adjusting the fuel screw.

Then you can adjust for proper idle rpm's

KAlger
04-16-2007, 10:01 PM
sounds good, thanks for everyone for giving good suggestions!