PDA

View Full Version : Hawkeye Downs

WheelieMan4
04-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey guys, whos all going this weekend...The 21st...should be a good day for riding hopefully...I'll be there with prlly 5 other quads too...

LTR450_#67
04-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Yeah I should be there. I might skip work and go to their practice too this Wed. (18th) since they changed up the track quite a bit from last season.
I've been waiting for this time of year.!

later
Aaron

WheelieMan4
04-18-2007, 08:11 PM
did you go down then? if ya did, how was it? and what class are you going to be running this saturday?

LTR450_#67
04-19-2007, 07:26 AM
I went down for practice and it wasn't too bad I thought. The track is kinda setup wierd though since you come out the gates take a right turn then right away you have a choice to go left or right, double-double, a turn then double and then the two lanes comeback together. So the track splits and its just wierd.
I will be doing B class. I'm not that fast so wave when you go by...lol.

later
Aaron

WheelieMan4
04-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Well we should have a pretty good race then...Im a little to fast for C but not quite up to B yet...so we will have to see I guess..see ya there

WheelieMan4
04-21-2007, 04:46 PM
I didnt make it down today...kinda sucks but still got to ride at our track...how did the race go? Good turnout for quads?

LTR450_#67
04-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah it was very packed there......I ran Production B and Open B. In Production B moto 1 I came out of the hole in third then stalled by landing on the rear brake over a jump.... Got going again but didn't over do it came back and got 7th. In Open B moto 1 came out 3rd or 4th moved into 1st after halfway through the second lap and pulled away. My brother said I had a 10-15sec. lead over 2nd place! That was my first 1st place ever. Then in moto 2 of Prod. B I came out 3rd was moving into 2nd doubled into the triple in the back of the track and over shot it a lil, cased it good and felt my knee pull or something. Pulled off of the track and let everyone by cause I didn't feel 100% with the knee. Got back on and ran a couple laps and the knee just didn't feel right, even though it didn't actually hurt. After that moto I walked around the pits and did some old football moves like cutting and jumping side to side and it felt fine. So I decided to run moto 2 of Open B since I had a really good chance at a 1st overall. So I pulled the my first ever holeshot for an easy lead and pretty much had it in the bag. Had a good lead again, backed off a lil after the 3rd lap and then tragedy happened......on the same jump I cased it and my knee popped! I pulled off in excruciating pain. I knew it was game over. I watched my overall go down the drain. I'm pretty down about the situation.... I really wanted it. I'm going to go get my knee checked out tomorrow. This hurts physically and inside. I just really wanted it.....

later
Aaron

WheelieMan4
04-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Damn dude...sounds like you had some REALLY bad luck..that sucks, how many quads were in B?

LTR450_#67
04-22-2007, 10:03 PM
There was about 13-14.....thats about twice as much as year.