PDA

View Full Version : He Finished - Youth GNCC

flht_db
04-15-2007, 06:53 PM
We spent three days riding at the Durhamtown Plantation in Union Point, Ga and figured we swing through SC to see the GNCC race on the way back up to Jersey. Thursday before we left my son (he's 11) asked if he could race. So we got a kill switch put on before we left and headed for SC with the plan of him racing.

It was an awesome time, our first GNCC attending or racing and his first race ever. We a lot of the of the track Friday night and everyone we talked to was helpful and supportive. He raced the 11-15 90 limited on a bone stock (except for the kill switch) TRX90.

Dennis did awesome and he finished the race. I'm proud of him for his first race and it being, as we found out, the longest race on the GNCC schedule.

flht_db
04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Him and his brother were also estatic when Bill Balance said hi and asked if they got posters signed.

Pappy
04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Hey thats a great accomplishment!

flht_db
04-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Pappy,

Thanks for the picture, I also saw one when he was in line for the pledge of allegiance. We saw you when you wer talking to Cody before they all lined up. My wife commented on all the cameras. Was going to stop over and introduce myself but Dennis Jr was a little nervous.

Dennis

Pappy
04-15-2007, 07:16 PM
no problem, ive been there before:p

its hard for me because i have to leave a few minutes before the start to get in position to take pictures and my boy is on his own:p

and i love taking pictures of the kids racing...and if i know who they are i tend to take more of them so if you do make more races, please say hey and point out the rider and quad!

flht_db
04-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Will do Pappy and your pictures are great.

DB

QUADROOKIE
04-15-2007, 07:51 PM
That is great! You should be very proud of your boy, as should he be proud of himself! I amlooking for a new quad for my 5 yr old to start racing here in the IATVHSS. This sport is great for families to bond.

wvspeedfreak
04-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Tell your son congratulations for us :macho

flht_db
04-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Will do Pappy and your pictures are great.

DB

flht_db
04-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks-

He asked if we can go to the next GNCC. Not sure on that but there is a local series (Atlantic Grand Prix) that starts this weekend.

hr15
04-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Glad you all had a great time!There is a lot of fun to be had at a GNCC.

Livin4Real
04-17-2007, 04:48 AM
Good job! The GNCC is a class act. It's cool standing out there with everyone lined up while they play the National Anthem then the roar of the quads all firing up at once :macho

flht_db
04-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Watching them get ready to take off when the green flag drops. It was an awesome experience. It's the waiting by the woods exit and seeing quad after quad come out and not him. Mom had a little rough time with that, very nerve racking. I kept telling her, he's fine, it's his first race he may be back a little further.

Definitely a great time. We will do a few more this year.

Arctic Cat Dad
04-18-2007, 11:32 AM
I remember that mini. We were at the check point and it went pinned out thru the field and it was hitting the rev limiter and I pointed it out to my friend. Glad to see you make it to 1. Hope to see ya at the rest of them.

We try to make it to most of them. The folks we have became friends with are like family!

You chose a very good mini for the gncc . He rides Honda. Also a black honda. :D Look us up,

Pappy
04-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by flht_db
Watching them get ready to take off when the green flag drops. It was an awesome experience.

i get as nervous for them as i did when it was me on the gate...lol

i get a bigger kick out of the parents, some are acting all cool but inside they are a bundle of nerves:p the thing i like best with the youth racing is that no matter what kid, if they need help EVERYONE will be there for them.

Pappy
04-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
The folks we have became friends with are like family!

amen;)

flht_db
04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
I remember that mini. We were at the check point and it went pinned out thru the field and it was hitting the rev limiter and I pointed it out to my friend. Glad to see you make it to 1. Hope to see ya at the rest of them.

Yeah I din't cut the pink wire yet. That'll happen before he races the AGP this weekend.

We try to make it to most of them. The folks we have became friends with are like family!

You chose a very good mini for the gncc . He rides Honda. Also a black honda. :D Look us up, [/B]

Everyone we talked to there was so helpful, we walked around the course with Zack Webb's Uncle Friday night. He was pointing things out to my son. It was great. We'll look you up at the next one.

flht_db
04-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

i get a bigger kick out of the parents, some are acting all cool but inside they are a bundle of nerves:p

I'll admit that's me...

mcatvme
04-18-2007, 06:46 PM
You will like the Atlantic grand prix series. My son races both the GNCC and that series. You will see us there along with two other boys. Look for two twin Hetrick Hondas and that will be us.

flht_db
04-18-2007, 07:34 PM
We'll look for the Hetrick Hondas (I'm sure they are sweet), my son will be asking for more on his quad.

:)

We'll be in the big white ford pulling the enclosed trailer. With 2 black TRX's a 90 and a 450, that is if I get the kill switch on mine.

Arctic Cat Dad
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I know about the nerves thing. I'm all out of shape. Thinking about every nut and bolt on his mini and thinking if I've missed anything. Then I look down at him and he's cool as ice! He has ice water in his veins. He's the 1 getting me ready for the race.:D

Good picture Pappy!

Ty1on
04-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Pappy you nailed it...One of the main reasons I enjoy this series so much is the parents that I have meet in this series. They are always willing to do whatever it takes to help out any way they can no matter what. The support from the parents for all the kids at each race is one of the reasons that keeps me coming back. There is always other parents out there to help out no matter what. It is so different than your local sports ie: football, basketball etc... The parents are very supportive and helpfull too all the kids. Thanks to all the parents that haved helped us