PDA

View Full Version : janssen racing super coil

Nac's22
04-15-2007, 06:00 PM
anybody have experience with them? good bad what? thinking about getting one for my r let me know what you guys thing.

TheFontMaster
04-15-2007, 07:48 PM
I have one on my 250r. My motor came with the janssen coil on it, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I haven't had problems with it.

Iliketogofast
04-15-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm looking to buy one, but I can't find it!

Kirt13
04-15-2007, 09:43 PM
I don't think they make them anymore. They aren't on their website anymore.
www.nology.com makes a very good coil....they also make plug wires and plugs. Nobody makes a better coil than them.

Nac's22
04-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Iliketogofast- there are 3 in their ebay store...... they are always on there and the discription says its brand new so i dont know.

Kirt13- how would i go about doing that with them, would it be a kit like the cr ignition is? i went through their list of applications and 250r isnt listed but cr250 is would i have to order that? any info you have on this would be appreciated.

Kirt13
04-16-2007, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by TRR440EX
Iliketogofast- there are 3 in their ebay store...... they are always on there and the discription says its brand new so i dont know.

Kirt13- how would i go about doing that with them, would it be a kit like the cr ignition is? i went through their list of applications and 250r isnt listed but cr250 is would i have to order that? any info you have on this would be appreciated.
You will need to call them. That's what I did.
You can buy just a coil, or you can buy the coil, plug wire and cap(suggested).
It's not at all like the CR set-up. It's just a bad ***** coil and wire.
Your spark will be sooooo improved, better than CR kit.
I don't like the CR set-up. Among other things I don't like you loose your lights with CR.
Here is the set-up I have:
Dynotech computer (CDI) $100
Nology coil, plug wire and cap about $150
Ricky Stator light flywheel $100
So, for about $350 you have a complete system that is better spark and the same CDI mapping as the CR set-up.
The CR kit is over $500. It's a no brainer. Most people just don't know about Nology.....that's why this better system isn't used by everybody.

Nac's22
04-16-2007, 11:35 AM
thanks for the info! is there any way that i could get it without the lights b/c all my r is used for is racing or can i just leave them not hooked up?

Kirt13
04-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by TRR440EX
thanks for the info! is there any way that i could get it without the lights b/c all my r is used for is racing or can i just leave them not hooked up?
Your lights depend on your stator. The set-up I told you about doesn't have anything to do with that, so yes. Just don't hook up your lights.
This set-up gives you the same as the CR kit but MORE spark, so it's better and cheaper......and if you want, you can use your lights.

Nac's22
04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
thanks alot kirt13 looks like i have some saving to do