PDA

View Full Version : 2007 GNCC Rd#4 "Big Buck" Race Coverage Morning race

Pappy
04-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Round #4 of the Can Am GNCC Series is now in the books and for some, this would turn out to be a race they would like to soon forget.

Stephanie Parton is not having the season she would have envisioned before this season got underway, with finishes keeping her in the hunt for a championship but nothing like we have seen in years past.

Traci Cecco on the other hand came out of the gate in Florida and hasnt looked back. With a perfect season heading into this round, the confidence and momentum she is carrying may prove to be unstopable.

As the green flag dropped, it was Cecco out front once again grabbing the holeshot and heading off to hunt down a "Big Buck" win.

<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc200704morningatvresultsclass.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Morning ATV Results By Class</font></a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc200704morningatvresultsoverall.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Morning ATV Overall Results</font></a> </li>

Pappy
04-15-2007, 04:30 PM
A very disappointed Stephanie Parton gets towed off the course on her Outlaw as a mechanical failure cost her a shot at keeping Cecco in check. Parton recoded a DNF on the day and had to be spitting mad as she watched Cecco ride off unchallenged.

Pappy
04-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Brock Parker leads Marcus Gonzalez and the rest of the U2 class as the event got under way. Brock ended up crashing and suffered an injured arm and ribs and was unable to return to the race.

Pappy
04-15-2007, 04:38 PM
4x4 Open is stocked with the Can Am brand and being handled by Scott Kilby coming into this round with two first place finishes. Talent abounds in this class, with names like West, Bougher, Cecco and even Todd Knippenberg now all seeking the win aboard these large machines.

Pappy
04-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Rick Cecco runs down the pack as the riders work through the first few turns. Cecco has what it takes to run up front, and this round his machine would hold up to the abuse he would put it through, taking him to his best finish this season of 4th.

Rick also sent me the following information that tells how his race went and the charge he had to make!

Unfortunately my throttle stuck open on the start which I did not know until I had to leave off for the first turn and she was still pulling! I saved it but chucking her sideways which by then the throttle returned and I figured I got my glove stuck so I charged to first place within the first mile but my throttle stuck again in a field section and I had to pull my kill cord to shut her down. From there I bummed a ride to the pits and got my mechanic to come out and fix it. By then I was in last place ( about 15 minutes out of first) and the last one behind all classes so I charged my way up to forth place thru a ton of traffic. The quad is working great but I really need a clean race.

keep an eye on Rick at Lorettas!

Pappy
04-15-2007, 04:42 PM
In the Sportsman class, John Rowling was having a blast grabbing the holeshot and heading off onto the course. John ended his day after completing two laps allowing HMF's Hans Luenger to take the class win.

Pappy
04-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Youth Production was last off the line and it was Stephen McCulloch getting the holeshot. The class was won by Walker Fowler who has won every race this season except for the Georgia round in which he did not participate.

Pappy
04-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Traci Cecco had clear track ahead of her as she was well on her way to claiming another overall and class win.

Pappy
04-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Angel Atwell was doing everything she could to reel in Cecco but in the end it wasn't enough. She did finish in second keeping the points battle with cecco close, with only 7 points seperating the two riders.

Pappy
04-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Jennifer Albright is having a great season and is in position to challenge Atwell for the second spot in points. Albright was running strong again this round and claimed the third position by less then a minute behind Atwell.

Pappy
04-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Jesse West was doing well early on, and with solid finishes this season in the 4x4 Open class has him sitting in third in class points.

Pappy
04-15-2007, 04:59 PM
John Gallagher and Mike Ockerman have been the ones to watch this season as they have battled non stop for the class wins at each event. This round would be close enough that mere seconds seperated them at the finish with Gallagher claiming the win by TWO seconds over Ockerman!

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:01 PM
The U2 class has been dominated by Micheal Benson this season.Gonzalez has been riding as hard as anyone can and this is pretty much how they looked for the entire two hours!

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
It is great to see such battles at each round, but it has to take it's toll as racing this close allows no room for a breather...or a mistake!

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Joey Margaria is fast. How fast? How is a 18 minute win over second place in the Sport class! Great race Joey!

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Benson on his way to victory!

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Gonzalez churns through the South Carolina muck

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:08 PM
The Polaris Outlaw may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for John Gallagher it is getting the job done

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Jamie Bougher has been tearing up the 4x4 Open class and if you ask him he will testify to exactly what "tearing" up means! I understand that an enormous amount of welding went into keeping his frame together prior to the race, and it is no wonder with these large machines and the speeds at which they are riden that a few dont literally fall apart after the race!

Jamie took 3rd in todays event and he is holding the number 5 spot in class points

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Wests day ended when his Arctic Cat broke a hub

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Rick Cecco keeping it together and heading for a top 5 finish

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Traci Cecco clocked in a race winning time of just over 1 hour and 52 minutes and took the checkered flag and another overall win.

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Benson was all smiles as he stood tall on the podium taking the 2nd overall position after a hard fought battle with Gonzalas

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Gonzalas followed benson through the checkered flag and took his spot as the third place overall finisher. This battle will only get better as the season rolls on.

Angel Atwell and Jennifer Albright took the 4th and 5th positions respectively after putting in great rides at todays events.

Pappy
04-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Walker Fowler put in another incredible ride from the last row, winning his class and finishing 46th overall out of just over 250 entries!

I know there is more to add, but I was at the hospital while this race was under way. I apologize if i missed anyone or any information and i hope to never have to bail on a race for a trip to the ER again:p

I hope everyone is ready for the next round and I look forward to seeing everyone there!

gump
04-15-2007, 06:09 PM
i get my first gncc holeshot and not even one pic of the c classes.. i understand you had more important things to do pappy. thanks for the pics of the girls and the utes.. :devil:

Pappy
04-15-2007, 06:16 PM
gump, these pics are all from harlen, I am sure he has more. I spoke with him at 1 am and he had uploaded these so i could do some coverage as he was on his way to the WPSA in Georgia. As soon as he gets home he will put up the galleries and I will be sure to verify you did indeed get a holeshot:D congrats btw!

angelon400ex
04-15-2007, 07:03 PM
That sounds great Pappy! I know I am eager to find some shots of my son because this is the first race ever for him and I to do together and he has waited a long time because he was way too big for a 90! :D

This was my favorite race I have done this year!

gump
04-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
gump, these pics are all from harlen, I am sure he has more. I spoke with him at 1 am and he had uploaded these so i could do some coverage as he was on his way to the WPSA in Georgia. As soon as he gets home he will put up the galleries and I will be sure to verify you did indeed get a holeshot:D congrats btw! just messing with ya pappy.. it was good to finaly meet you cause i have to work for the rest of the gncc races this year and will only be running the next nc race. so i won't see ya again untill then. thanks for the coverage !!!!