PDA

View Full Version : So let me get this straight....

NeedsaYfz
04-15-2007, 04:23 PM
If my quad has some bog when I first get on the throttle in 1st and 2nd gear at low rpms I should look into dropping a size on the pilot jet, right?

Will installing some vents in the airbox help with the bog at all?

If I want the quad to accelerate faster without sacrificing too much top end would I be better off dropping a tooth off the front sprocket or one off the back?

Honda#4
04-15-2007, 04:40 PM
I think you need to move your clip down a notch on the needle.

NeedsaYfz
04-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Upon further research I have come to the conclusion that those were all stupid questions.

What I'm going to do is get a dynojet jet kit plus a couple pilot jets from jets-r-us, remove the airbox lid completely and either get one of those breather covers for my K&N or figure out some other way to protect the filter, then I'm going to install a 39 or 40 tooth rear sprocket and begin trying out different jets, needle positions and fuel screw positions.

I think the reason why I developed a bog was because I put the spark arrestor back on my e-series slip on. I'll be upgrading to a full system pretty soon.

81 clark racing
04-16-2007, 05:23 PM
air box vents i have 6 of them and i didnt notice any gains MAYBE a lil bit more low end torque. but i sure do notice my air box fills up with water quite nicely