PDA

View Full Version : Car Speaker question

Sjorge450R
04-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey I have a question. I have a dodge dakota with 2 Jenson 175w 6.5" subs. I have a 50 or 60 watt per channel radio and i was wondering if it is alright to put in 2 more 140 watt 6.5"s? without an amp. Also, these new speakers that i am talking about are the kind with the neon on them and they need a power source. Wheres the best place to tap in for power? I was thinking some where where the parking lights put out power, so that way they only come on when the parking lights are on.

Thanks
Steve

rooster_20
04-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Subwoofers would best be suited for an amp. That way you can have the option to filter out the high freq. sounds so you get the deeper bass sound. I would recomend an amp prob a 4 channel for the 4 subs. You can tap into the fuse box for the power on one of your unused fuse places and run a switch from the fuse box to your amp thats what I did works out great. Wont run your bat. down and you can turn off the power whenever you want.

Sjorge450R
04-16-2007, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by rooster_20
Subwoofers would best be suited for an amp. That way you can have the option to filter out the high freq. sounds so you get the deeper bass sound. I would recomend an amp prob a 4 channel for the 4 subs. You can tap into the fuse box for the power on one of your unused fuse places and run a switch from the fuse box to your amp thats what I did works out great. Wont run your bat. down and you can turn off the power whenever you want.

yea its an 87 dakota so im really dont wanna have to get an amp, but if i get a cheaper one then maybe. But what i am saying is, will I have enough power to run the 4 without the amp?

rooster_20
04-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Yea you should have enough power it doesnt take much to push those 6.5's

Sjorge450R
04-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by rooster_20
Yea you should have enough power it doesnt take much to push those 6.5's

well right now i dont have room for the jensons, so they arent in there. The magnet hits the window when the window is down....lol. I have some decent pioneers in there with the new ullimenent ones.