PDA

View Full Version : how to clean riding gear?

honda4life72
04-15-2007, 01:27 PM
what do u wash your jersey and pants in? i just boguth mine and now there stained ? i washed them with gain and no luck....any other suggestions?

troyleepred719
04-15-2007, 01:44 PM
I just use TIDE laundry soap,after i hose it down with hose, and then go over the stain spots witha tide stain pen, and then wash them in tide, and it does a pretty good job, another good thing is to try to buy darker colored gear, especially if you ride in a lot of clay, cause i have 300 dollars worth of gear stained from one day of riding in a clay pit.

CRich[814]
04-15-2007, 01:46 PM
they stain. no avoiding that haha. i just hose mine down, then spray them with stain remover and wash them in the washing machine with detergent. all my jerseys are stained, but my pants arent.

honda4life72
04-15-2007, 03:29 PM
yea all my stuff is red and black and white white beign the least

Sjorge450R
04-15-2007, 03:34 PM
no stains here. I use a pressure washer on the gear after I was my quad. Then I throw them in the washer, let them run with reg soap for like 5 min, then add some Simple Green then let them soak in that over night, no stains.

AtvMxRider
04-15-2007, 04:06 PM
spray them with stain remover and then wash them with oxyclean and washing powder

firefighterjosh
04-15-2007, 08:13 PM
I always pressure wash mine off then wash them with oxyclean and degreaser dish soap micture. BUt last time I went to haspen acres I go into some kinda of clay muddy crap that stunk and now I can not get it out of the white:( Looks like I pooped myself:o

strnge
04-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Stain stick first and then put in washer with Simple Green and soak for a while.

Stain stick must be on for over 10 minutes OUT OF WATER before putting in washer with Simple Green.

burrows
04-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by strnge
Stain stick first and then put in washer with Simple Green and soak for a while.

Stain stick must be on for over 10 minutes OUT OF WATER before putting in washer with Simple Green.

I was going to use simple green but it says not to use on fabric so was afraid to do that..But might have to try it. thanks....mommab

strnge
04-24-2007, 11:53 PM
You can use it, but you need to dilute it like you would with regular laundry soap. I usually fill the washer with water then add simple green, next let it aggitate for a short minute(WITHOUT CLOTHES INSIDE) to mix up properly. Then add clothes and soak for a while then turn the washer back on and let it run its cycle.

armysig
04-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Those are great ideas, but I like mine better. I let my wife do it...