PDA

View Full Version : Help with my 06 300EX Please

bladerunner1012
04-15-2007, 11:35 AM
The other day I was riding my 06 300ex and out of no where the engine just cut off. The first thing i checked was the gas but there was plenty in there and it seemed to be getting fuel. The starter runs strong but nothing happens i get electricty to the spark plug too. I think it may have overheated. I was riding pretty slow for a while and it was pretty warm out. the entire engine was extremely hot.What would be the first thing to go when the engin overheats. I was thinking the spark plug? From what i understand you need a special socket to take out the plug so i ordered one. What else can i check while im waiting on that. There was no loud noise, smoke, sputter or anything it just sort of stopped running almost like it wasnt getting any fuel. I dont think it was the piston rings because wouldnt that make some sort of noise or smoke a bit. Also what kind of spark plug do I need and whats the measurments on the gap. Any advice would be greatley appreciated. Thanks. Also I recently just got this from the dealer brand new and its still under honda warranty would they repair it for free or would this fall under abuse? Thanks

400ftm
04-15-2007, 11:45 AM
if its new from the dealer you should have a spark plug wrench in the tool kit. also check to make sure you diden't bump the kill switch. that happens sometimes and is easy to not think of

bladerunner1012
04-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks. For some reason Mine didnt come with the spark plug tool Everything else was in there though. Also the kill switch isnt on I checked that already. The starter wouldnt even crank if the kill switch were on would it? Anyways I hope its just the spark plug.

JW450R1
04-15-2007, 06:24 PM
maybe the battery took a jolt and a cell went bad internally

sc400ex_rider
04-16-2007, 09:16 AM
check the oil if it was runnin hot

bladerunner1012
04-16-2007, 05:32 PM
What should i check for in the oil. it looks normal and its at the correct level. it does seem less slick though. Thanks.