PDA

View Full Version : Got my first top 3 this weekend.

JRP
04-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Well i raced at south fork mx saturday and it was awsome. me and my friend micheal rakes, hes the points leader in d13 in open C, we battled hard 2nd moto. there was only 6 ppl in my class... in the first moto i came out in 3rd, and i hit a haybail right after the first turn and iw as back in last place... i was back about 200yds and ic ame all the way back to 2nd by the end of the race, and mike was like half a track ahead:p . 2nd moto i got 2nd out of the holeshot and mike was in 1st. he pulled away a little bit but i caught back up and had a really good battle with him all 2nd moto. he ended up staying ahead a few quadlengths, and he won with a 1-1. and i got 2nd with a 2-2. Top 2 got trophys so i was pretty happy with that. I can deffinately say you run alot harder/faster when there is someone faster than you ahead.:cool: heres a pic of the plaque, its pretty sick:cool: :D

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/plaque.jpg

CRich[814]
04-15-2007, 11:24 AM
congrats pepper, thats awesome.

AtvMxRider
04-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Good job. How was the turn out? We were going but the weather wasn't looking good but it turned out to be nice:grr:

honda4life72
04-15-2007, 11:31 AM
congrats :macho

wvspeedfreak
04-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Congratulations man :macho

TWISTED DINLI
04-15-2007, 11:55 AM
congrats!

JJs450r
04-15-2007, 11:59 AM
cool deal let me know when yalls next saturday race at vmp is and i may make a trip up their and race

JRP
04-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Good job. How was the turn out? We were going but the weather wasn't looking good but it turned out to be nice:grr:

the turn out was so so. there was no A or semi pro class out there. One of the biggest classes was vet 30 and youth production. It was pretty nasty earlier during the day. It rained for about 3hrs then it stopped and the sun came out and it was a beautiful day out, you should of came! actiontown next weekend? or is that when the concert is?

Oh and thanks everyone! it was really awsome being able to battle it out with someone faster than me! Cant wait untill next weekend!

quad2xtreme
04-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by JRP
the turn out was so so. there was no A or semi pro class out there. One of the biggest classes was vet 30 and youth production. It was pretty nasty earlier during the day. It rained for about 3hrs then it stopped and the sun came out and it was a beautiful day out, you should of came! actiontown next weekend? or is that when the concert is?

Oh and thanks everyone! it was really awsome being able to battle it out with someone faster than me! Cant wait untill next weekend!

Congrats Jordan! See you May 5th weekend at Breezewood, right?

You ever venture down to Henderson, NC to NCMP track?

/Jon

JJs450r
04-15-2007, 12:30 PM
jon thats and ultra series race at devils this weekend you going? im not sure we have a series race of our own the weekend plus the devils crew and dicks to quads

JRP
04-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Congrats Jordan! See you May 5th weekend at Breezewood, right?

You ever venture down to Henderson, NC to NCMP track?

/Jon

i should be there, all depends on how i stand after this comming weekend in points in my district. If im close to 1st place, i might go to elizabeth city and race so i can get a little closer, but i might go to BPG. BPG is my main focus though. haha. Ive never been down there but my friend madison bahmer jus got back from there after training all week and he said its nice, so i might have to take a trip down there sometime. Thanks alot for the congrats man!

AtvMxRider
04-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by JRP

I know we should have came:grr: . How many were in youth production? We will be at actiontown.

AtvMxRider
04-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by JRP
i should be there, all depends on how i stand after this comming weekend in points in my district. If im close to 1st place, i might go to elizabeth city and race so i can get a little closer, but i might go to BPG. BPG is my main focus though. haha. Ive never been down there but my friend madison bahmer jus got back from there after training all week and he said its nice, so i might have to take a trip down there sometime. Thanks alot for the congrats man!

It's a long year to worry about points Jordan. Start worring about them around July or August

JRP
04-15-2007, 12:36 PM
I know we should have came:grr: . How many were in youth production? We will be at actiontown.

yea you should of jerry, it turned out to be awsome! Id say there was 6-8 in the youth production class. Cole(blue blaster) and another kid (#8 on a white 300ex) tore up the class. They put a lead on the other kids in the first few seconds of the race...

AtvMxRider
04-15-2007, 12:37 PM
We will be at Actiontown for sure next weekend.

JRP
04-15-2007, 12:43 PM
We will be at Actiontown for sure next weekend.

same here, i hope to hit those 2 doubles. i herd they filled in the 2nd one, not like completely, but a good amount! Should be awsome!

AtvMxRider
04-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by JRP
same here, i hope to hit those 2 doubles. i herd they filled in the 2nd one, not like completely, but a good amount! Should be awsome!

You talking about at the finishline and the one behind the tower? If so there have been filled up they are more like table tops now with lips on each side

hardkoratvmxr
04-15-2007, 01:55 PM
congrats pepper good to see ya improving

MX MaNiAc 06
04-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Nice man!

JRP
04-15-2007, 02:08 PM
You talking about at the finishline and the one behind the tower? If so there have been filled up they are more like table tops now with lips on each side

yea im talking a bout those 2. well thats awsome they filled em in, now i wont be so freaked out. hahaha.

thanks everyone! hopefully ill have a #1 next weekend!:)

AtvMxRider
04-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey Jordan the #8 in youth production was it Wesley Sutter?

JRP
04-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey Jordan the #8 in youth production was it Wesley Sutter?

im pretty sure it was. but im not 100% sure. but i remember hearing the name wesley and cole. and i know cole was on the blue blaster with a yellow frame

trx400EXtreme
04-15-2007, 02:17 PM
congrats!:macho

Trx250rider86
04-15-2007, 06:07 PM
good job man. if your around the NJ/PA area let me know

quad2xtreme
04-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
jon thats and ultra series race at devils this weekend you going? im not sure we have a series race of our own the weekend plus the devils crew and dicks to quads

Do they allow quads? Or just for a race weekend? One thing I've noticed is there are a ton of mx tracks in NC for bikes but only a couple for quads. Luckily, NCMP is only an hour away but it isn't my favorite place either. There aren't many quad riders...better than me anyhow...so I can gauge the jumps.

I definitely won't be there if it is a race weekend...too many crazy people racing for my taste. lol. Seriously, I've thought about racing but it seems like too much commitment for a few laps. At my age...42, winning isn't enough of a motivating factor.

If you are ever interested in heading to Breezewood, let me know. You are about 2 hours south of Raleigh. It is 6 hours from Raleigh to Breezewood. I plan on heading up at least monthly throughout the summer. I would plan on riding up one day (Friday)...riding 1/2 day, then riding the next 2 days, then heading back home. My wife will come with me a few times but she is actually realizing she worries less about me getting hurt when she isn't there watching. lol.

Sorry Jordan...didn't mean to steal your thread.

/Jon

JRP
04-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Do they allow quads? Or just for a race weekend? One thing I've noticed is there are a ton of mx tracks in NC for bikes but only a couple for quads. Luckily, NCMP is only an hour away but it isn't my favorite place either. There aren't many quad riders...better than me anyhow...so I can gauge the jumps.

I definitely won't be there if it is a race weekend...too many crazy people racing for my taste. lol. Seriously, I've thought about racing but it seems like too much commitment for a few laps. At my age...42, winning isn't enough of a motivating factor.

If you are ever interested in heading to Breezewood, let me know. You are about 2 hours south of Raleigh. It is 6 hours from Raleigh to Breezewood. I plan on heading up at least monthly throughout the summer. I would plan on riding up one day (Friday)...riding 1/2 day, then riding the next 2 days, then heading back home. My wife will come with me a few times but she is actually realizing she worries less about me getting hurt when she isn't there watching. lol.

Sorry Jordan...didn't mean to steal your thread.

/Jon

its cool man. thanks once again everyone!

esr250r86
04-16-2007, 04:31 PM
congrats. I love the feeling you get when your battling it out with somebody, cant beat it.:)

D-7#61-450r
04-16-2007, 07:22 PM
The last race at actiontown the finish line doubles were still there. The one after the finish line did seem more filled in than I can remeber, but you still didn't want to come up short. The newest thing I saw was that there is a whoop section before the backside downhill. It was very muddy so I cannot tell you if you could double threw it. I am pretty much comparing the track to fall of 05, the downhill double in the middle of the track is alot safer. Not such a lip on the landing.

trick250r
04-16-2007, 07:23 PM
congrats pepper... just think how sweet its gonna be when you get your first win. man, now that i think about it, we all spend so much on our quads... a arms, axles, swingarms, pipes, comepletely mod the engine... and this is the result. its scary that thousands of dollars later, we settle for a little plaque or a trophy. are we all crazy? :p

AtvMxRider
04-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
are we all crazy? :p

Yes we are:macho

JRP
04-17-2007, 09:17 AM
cant wait for this weekend!!!!