PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with my 300ex

bladerunner1012
04-15-2007, 11:15 AM
The other day I was riding my 06 300ex and out of no where the engine just cut off. The first thing i checked was the gas but there was plenty in there and it seemed to be getting fuel. The starter runs strong but nothing happens i get electricty to the spark plug too. I think it may have overheated. I was riding pretty slow for a while and it was pretty warm out. the entire engine was extremely hot.What would be the first thing to go when the engin overheats. I was thinking the spark plug? From what i understand you need a special socket to take out the plug so i ordered one. What else can i check while im waiting on that. There was no loud noise, smoke, sputter or anything it just sort of stopped running almost like it wasnt getting any fuel. I dont think it was the piston rings because wouldnt that make some sort of noise or smoke a bit. Also what kind of spark plug do I need and whats the measurments on the gap. Any advice would be greatley appreciated. Thanks. Also I recently just got this from the dealer brand new and its still under honda warranty would they repair it for free or would this fall under abuse? Thanks

dork
04-15-2007, 01:33 PM
would it turn over after it quit, or was it locked up? if you still have warranty i'd take it back incase it turns out to be something expensive. if you start working on it they may be less likely to fix under warranty.

bladerunner1012
04-15-2007, 01:37 PM
No it wont turn over. The starter just keeps cranking and nothing happens. also the starte doens sound any differetnt than it would when it was working.