PDA

View Full Version : Need help with mods.

Enojastic
10-10-2002, 08:04 PM
I have a 01 400ex with an WB eseries and jets. I want to go with a high compression piston and cam. I noticed that JE makes a 415 12:1 piston, Anyone have any info on this(also prices). And when getting new gaskets, are any available that increase compression, where? Now for the cam's . I think I remember seeing TC and Hot cams the most, what should i go with and what are the prices? I am looking for more of a race cam.
Next I was wondering where I could find out about porting, who does it, how much it costs, what it involves and what upgrades are needed when having it done.
I was also planning on getting a carb, edelbrock or fcr. That might come down to which is cheaper.

10-10-2002, 08:45 PM
Good thoughts and you are on the right track but we need to knwo what kind of raciing you are doing etc. to help out with suggestions

10-11-2002, 06:19 AM
And how much money you wanna spend along with were ya live so we can point you to an engine builder close..:D

Enojastic
10-11-2002, 02:32 PM
I dont know if this will sound right, but I do mostly trail riding, and a lot of hill climbing but this is the setup I would like to go with. I'm probably going to spend a good bit of money so just give me any prices you know of. And I ride in Northeast PA.