PDA

View Full Version : What DO you Think ????

RaptorLover
04-15-2007, 06:50 AM
What do you think about your kfx ? do you think you have wasted your money on the kfx ???????????

pcmamerica
04-16-2007, 12:15 AM
I think its the best new quad out there as far as 450's go. I Just sold my YFZ450 the other day and I tell you what, Im not ever going back unless they change the design of the YFZ450. When I sit on the KFX you feel like your the machine and you control it rather than it controlling you. The handling and suspension is so much better but mine was a 04 model with a 06 Dirt Bike WR450 engine in it pushing upper 50's with a crower cam, full exhaust, intake and jetting.

The YFZ has similar power stock meaning its not much. But my modded YFZ is night and day against the KFX. I have still to see how my pipe, cams and programmer are gonna do as far as power when I install them in the KFX.

The seat is hard like the yfz too. Reverse is super fast and powerful. Headlight work great. The torque is really good in the tight trails. As far as stock gearing goes I hated it until I put a large front sprocket on then its got the right gearing.

Clutch is super easy to pull.

To sum it up its everything Ive been looking for in a quad. All I need now is my mods to make some serious power. Im just power hungry.

Oh I alsmost forgot, As far as wasting my money, hell no. I remember when I bought the Z400 back in 2003 when it was 5900 tax included out the door and this was exactly 1 grand more with 2007 or similar technology.

I sold my yfz for a good buck with pays it off pretty well.

Jeff

KiKxKFX
04-21-2007, 04:04 PM
I finally got a little seat time on it today, and I am very happy with my purchase. It handles great, so much that I felt overconfident in no time and bit the dust. lol Oh well, the quad somehow stayed on all fours but I decided to go head first(Brand new helmet on-works great!). I ended up just dislocating my shoulder, but it's back in now. All I could think as I was going through the air was "Please don't let my quad flip over" ... so I guess I got my wishes. :)
This thing is gonna be great with some more add ons and a little suspension work. I'm not really happy with the suspension but I'm only 150 lbs. It needs some work for me. The power is plenty for me though.. I had a blast hammering it down a 3000 ft grass runway.

TWILES
04-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by pcmamerica

Jeff

I'm really interested in what its going to take to get the power out of the motor $ wise. I might get one if its decent.

exrider44
04-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Not to get off subject but Id get a mri on your shoulder. I had some major damage done to mine. After it comes out a couple of times its not easy to get back in yourself lol. Defintely not a good feeling. :D The kawi looks like a great bike. Wish I had money for another ride.

QUADROOKIE
04-26-2007, 08:04 PM
A dyno result shows an increase of approx 2.5 HP simply by removing the airbox lid with everything else stock-much of which is noticed on the bottom end.

KiKxKFX
04-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks Exrider44! I agree, I need to go get checked. I only have minimal pain in my shoulder but my arm is black from shoulder to elbow. I'm getting older and I'm having a hard time accepting that I can't ride like I used to 15 years ago. Getting older stinks!
P.S. sorry for getting off tangent with this thread... sincerely :)

Punk'd
04-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
A dyno result shows an increase of approx 2.5 HP simply by removing the airbox lid with everything else stock-much of which is noticed on the bottom end.

Im a n00b with this EFI junk, but wouldnt you need a Power Commander to be able to do that?

shoey
04-28-2007, 11:14 PM
No the 2.5 hp gain is stock EFI curve with air box cover removed.
a little freebie to wet the appetite. just dont take out the spark arrestor until you get your efi tuner, it will lose power.

pcmamerica
04-28-2007, 11:55 PM
I have spent 259 on the power commander, 375 on the Crower Cam, 575 on the ESR exhaust, 75 on the 34 tooth rear sprocket I highly suggest, 350 on full skids, 20 for aftermarket chain rollers, 25 on handlebar risers, 17 on the front 15 tooth sprocket that will get you up to 73.4mph by itself(with the 34 rear its 83.2mph)

Really All you need is the motor mods, exhaust, and cams to make it sick. I like the gearing too. Its a very powerful machine. Someone was telling me you have to adjust the shocks all the way down to get it smoother for XC.

I spend a little over 1700 in stuff but you dont have to spend that much to make it fast.

I got the crower exhasut cam here but havent put it in yet, hopefully it works good, the intake one was insane.

Jeff

Punk'd
04-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by shoey
No the 2.5 hp gain is stock EFI curve with air box cover removed.
a little freebie to wet the appetite. just dont take out the spark arrestor until you get your efi tuner, it will lose power.

Thanks for the info. I see your sig says you also have a 450r. How do you like your KFX compared to your R?

shoey
04-29-2007, 08:18 PM
The TRX450R has a HRC kit but is otherwise stock. It is on its stock piston and is in need of a rebuild. In its current condition it is much faster than a stock and still really tight engined 450 Kawasaki and the well worn in shocks are more confortable than these new tight and not dialed in set on the Kawasaki but even now I can feel the potential of the new machine and look forward to getting a slip on and power commander with good cams to wake the beast within. I am finding I like the electric start and reverse more than I thought I would. All in all I like it a lot.