PDA

View Full Version : New Plastic Help

TheNewn
04-15-2007, 03:41 AM
I'm looking for new plastic for my 88' 250R (Current white/blue is beat up and ugly as sin...) I want it to be all black, and have the headlight. Full fenders, not race cut.

I was wondering if any company makes a one piece front with the nose/headlight hole all in one. If there isnt, which company do you guys recommend? The only one i really found was Maier and it would be 500 bucks roughly without shipping to buy them....shipping from RockyMountainATV.com would be 242 dollars alone...(i live in alaska) so if you could recommend a better site, by all means.

Also, does anyone know where i could actually get a headlight assembly? like with the glass/bulb/any brackets and such for the 88/89 250R's?

Thanks

Edit: Holy god, i think im going to just convert it to 400ex plastics. Much cheaper...anyone here that has done this before that can help me out with pics?

mfr422
04-15-2007, 07:10 AM
Newn,
If you want a headlight for r plastic, use one from a 300ex, the side mounts are the same, you will just have to epoxy a tab for the adjuster screw, this is the setup that I have. I don't know of any 1 piece front plastic that has the headlight, most of them are designed for racing and don't fit or look as good as stock . As you've found out R plastic is expensive, but worth the effort. Roost on!!

TheNewn
04-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Yeah, now im really torn between what to do, i can get all black 400ex plastic for like...275 without shipping...or all black 250R for 485 without shipping...i really do like the 250R look better. We'll see.

Thanks for the tip on the 300ex Headlight. If i do end up going the 250R plastic route i'll be sure to use that.

strnge
04-15-2007, 03:31 PM
p.m. sent

List in your profile where you live, so people who live near you can help. You never know if the guy next door is on here too.