PDA

View Full Version : RMZ 250..suzuki guys i need ya!

woodsracer144
04-14-2007, 05:00 PM
ok.. i was lookin at a 04 rmz i asked the guy if he would trade on my wheeler and hes like no... and he wanted 2500 and hes like you sell your wheeler i'll sell it to ya for 2 grand... i went to look at her today and it was really clean.. its shock and forks were sent to pro action and it has the pro cirut oil pump that lets you drain the oil with out changin the coolant. and i was lookin up some thing up on it on the net and i read somethin about the valves not bein very good on them or something... any one know alot about this??? or if there a good bike? i think 2 grand for a 04 is a steal! what do you think.. i was planin on putin it in to a 250r frame or something later on or els a ltr frame... but there really spendy! so i could have a bike or a quad.
any input on the rmz 250 i know that it doesnt have the alum. frame like the newer one but thats not that big of a deal to me... im thinkin that i'll be able to test it monday night becase it was outa gas today...
thanks for the in-put

rmz250
04-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I've owned a couple of RM-Z bikes. The 04's need the bigger radiators and a new topend every season. I'm assuming that rm-z your looking at will need a topend. That right there is 500. I'd look into a '05 + model.

woodsracer144
04-14-2007, 06:09 PM
its got the oversized raids on it... i think that it should be good for what im gonna use it for this year.. do you need a new bore or just rings or what??? im really good at doin some of that stuff... let me know tho.. any one els?

rmz250
04-14-2007, 06:47 PM
I've usualyl just do the valves and piston + rings. Is there any pictures of it?

mx428
04-14-2007, 08:59 PM
I have an 04 kxf which is the same thing sitting in my garage, I gave up trying to sell the piece of **** after getting down to $1600 OBO. I think i might put it in my bedroom or basement as a conversation piece. Plan on new top end, probably valves, and having it over heat alot.

I have hondas now and they're much better bikes. 06+ KXF's and 07 RM-Z's are new bikes now and much much better. You can probably find a pretty clean 06 250f in some color besides yellow for $3000 or so. It's worth the extra money.

400EXtreme
04-14-2007, 10:50 PM
i wouldnt recommend getting the 04 they are known to have problems. But the new ones are great bikes.

woodsracer144
04-15-2007, 12:12 AM
well i think im gonna try to get the guy lower... but im planin on putin some money in to the motor... do most of them fire up and run good??? i think that if i can get it for a good price that im gonna take it... i wanna ride it first to see that it has the power i want or els im gonna get a brand spankin new yzf next year... im not sure tho... well see what happeneds... i think this one will be ok... im not afaid to work on it... theres something that can be fixed if you have to replace parts on it all the time... you can do something.... im not sure.. i might try to make my self a 06 on the top end of it if it gives me a prob. im hopein to test ride in monday night... i think that i can work him down some...hey mx428 where are you at? is there any thing wrong with your kfx? like right now?