PDA

View Full Version : Just flyin

Rip_Tear
10-10-2002, 06:49 PM
Well I had to go over to my friends house who is 20 min away on quad, to fix his sled I just sold him.... Well I was supposed to be back by 7 for my dads birthday supper.... It got pretty dark fast, I had to keep switching between hi and low beams just to keep on the throttle! You know corner low beams straight away high, hill low.... on and on, then I get to this narrow part, cows just covering this thing, water on both sides! Damn cows move so slow!!!! So I managed to get by them and just Hammered it till I got back, lil scary when you get going that fast and have to switch the beams! Now to my point, I need to get a faster quad! and some big FOG lights!

Striker49
10-10-2002, 06:54 PM
It really feels like your crawling on those fourtrax. My g-pa has one and it seemed like a 15 minute trip by road what it took me 10 on my ex to get from their house to mine. Plus the 2" of travel on the shox really help in the field. :D

10-10-2002, 07:16 PM
:huh :huh

ive jumped a 30 ft double at night...seriously,......u dont know were or when ur gonna land its a huge rush

400exBro
10-10-2002, 07:36 PM
ya jumping at night is not such a good idea, i remember i jumped my 30 footer in my field (track) all i saw was black, black, begining of jump, and i rember yelling, and then a whole lot of dirt . :eek:
i let off the gas to early on the jump, causing me to endo, i was able to save the ex but i had to bail out so it wouldn't roll over me or mess up my ex.

also trail riding at night is the best, flying by trees in 3rd and 4th pinned, nothing gets your heart going till you did this.
lata
Bro

CHAUNCY
10-10-2002, 09:56 PM
I love riding at night though i hardley go.
I went back into these trails in the local oil feilds and then stopped with my bro who was on a warrior and i was on my 400 and we were just crusin but it was fun
We stopped at the top of this hill and you could see our house because we have these lights on our driveway
It was fun
i love riding at night

Chef
10-10-2002, 10:05 PM
I've been up this hill at about 1 a.m. before....it is SWEET!

10-10-2002, 10:15 PM
^
!
one word...deathwish:devil

Striker49
10-10-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by BlazinHonda
^
!
one word...deathwish:devil

No no no....one word = *Drool*

VooDuu Child
10-10-2002, 11:32 PM
Y'all wanna try somethin fun at night, do a little surfing by the moonlight. Those who have know what I'm sayin.

Crazy4bluEx
10-11-2002, 12:02 AM
Alky472- is that hill steep? or is it just long? or both? it seems long, but i doubt it can be very steep, because i dont think it would be possible to make it if it was very 'unbearablely' steep, and i am with striker, "one word" - DROOL

*K*

250rmike
10-11-2002, 11:31 AM
back when i had my blaster we were riding at a friends house and my friends blaster broke and by the time we got it fixed it was dark and my bike was the only one with lights on it. i had to ride behind him so he could have light to see and he was still going through trails really fast, in like 3rd and 4th gear. same speed as in the daytime.(yea yea i know my friends are retards)

Rip_Tear
10-11-2002, 06:23 PM
Comming back, I went down his pit wall, scary!! Because the lights only shine at the very bottom of the hill, you can't see anything till you hit the bottom!

Sparks425Ex
10-11-2002, 06:45 PM
Whenever i come back home from a party at night like around 2-3 am. It is great. Well number one by the time i leave i make sure i am able to drive. But if ya go down the road right in the middle and have the lights off you feel like you are in a Warp Zone. It is crazy. You can see the shadow of the trees from the moon just zooming by you.

I flip my lights on every 1/2 mile to make sure i know where i am.

Jumping at night is deff not a good idea.

10-11-2002, 07:01 PM
The light on my dirtbike broke and I was 10 miles from home, I took dirtroads all the way home, I had to go 1ft from the road rigns and jump just to see what road it was!

When I get a quad 1 of the main things its gonna have is big lights

Derek
10-11-2002, 09:28 PM
Alky i thought that hill was nothing till i looked at the top of the picture!!!!!!!

ridered86
10-11-2002, 09:31 PM
yeah i like big hoote...i mean headlights:devil

Chef
10-13-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Crazy4bluEx
Alky472- is that hill steep? or is it just long? or both? it seems long, but i doubt it can be very steep, because i dont think it would be possible to make it if it was very 'unbearablely' steep, and i am with striker, "one word" - DROOL

*K*

It used to be extremely steep, like when you get stuck and pull the front of your quad around the up hill tires werent even really on the ground very much, but its deteriated over the years, I can pull it in 5th on my shee. Before it was 2nd gear pinned on my EX just to barely make it over the top....those were the days.

Chef
10-13-2002, 11:03 PM
This gives some type of an idea...see how it drops out of hte picture?

PismoGuy400
10-13-2002, 11:08 PM
alky..that is at flourence right?....man i wanna go there so bad.

Chef
10-14-2002, 07:55 PM
Nope, that is at Winchester Bay. About 25 minutes south of florence...