PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on here!!!!!!!!!

One_Bad_400
04-14-2007, 08:58 AM
just read for your self :mad:

http://www.racerxill.com/articles/detail/1834/jeremys-new-stock-car-deal.aspx

Tommy 17
04-14-2007, 09:09 AM
whats goin on... um they are goin to a sport where they can make alot more money and be alot safer...

after u broke ur neck and multiple other injuries and also pretty much mastered the sport to the point u have nothing left to prove u would also look for something new and exciting to do... plus both of them have wifes now and RC has twins on the way... if i was them i'd do it 2! i have a feeling k-dub will be the next...

SGA
04-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
just read for your self :mad:

Whats got you so bent? You dont want him to try something new?

AtvMxRider
04-14-2007, 09:30 AM
:ermm:

One_Bad_400
04-14-2007, 09:35 AM
NA... i might live in the south but i hate NASCAR.... Nascar is the most boring, needs to be quit, sport out there... but hey... thats just my oppinion... and... i still think its stupid!

AtvMxRider
04-14-2007, 09:45 AM
NA... i might live in the south but i hate NASCAR.... Nascar is the most boring, needs to be quit, sport out there... but hey... thats just my oppinion... and... i still think its stupid!

I don't think it's stupid but it is nothing like it used to be. I used to watch it all the time but I rarely watch it anymore

STEVENJANNA
04-14-2007, 10:13 AM
What do you expect them to do for the next 20 years? Sit on there butts and get old and fat like most retired MX racers? Sure they could fill there days living off the past, but RC and Showtime have moved on to new ventures. Did you get mad at Bob "The Hurricane" Hanna when he retired from mx and went into competitive airplane racing? or how about Ricky Johnson when he started racing trucks? Even though these guys are retired from MX, there still young men and maybe there not ready to be "technical advisors" or racing "development" personel for a factory team. They are used to being in the spotlight and they have found a way to stay in. When was the last time anyone heard MgGrath's name on ESPN before this news? Don't be so quick to judge, remember this is only the begining, neither have been on a race track in direct competition yet and time will tell if this actually works. They may not make the adjustment and may never even make it to the Busch level. I personally hope it works out for them and they can continue impressing us with there dominance in a new sport.

One last question. Do you race? if you do try and look at it from that point of view. Imagine what it would feel like when you reach the peak of your physical ability to be on top and you know that you can no longer stay there. The desire to be the best can't be turned off like a switch and just because your body says no, doesn't mean that you heart agrees.

ZSNOW
04-14-2007, 10:16 AM
all the cars are so close to teh same you can't even have a favorite brand anymore...the videos i have seen from the 60's rocked...they did 210 in daytona in real cars not forchevrododota

tat900
04-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
:ermm:

You wouldnt say that if you have ever drove a asphalt car . The skill it takes to ddrive tohse car is crazy. It amy be boring for you but I watch it and enjoy the sport of car racing as I race locally here on the dirt tracks.

tat900
04-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by STEVENJANNA
What do you expect them to do for the next 20 years? Sit on there butts and get old and fat like most retired MX racers? Sure they could fill there days living off the past, but RC and Showtime have moved on to new ventures. Did you get mad at Bob "The Hurricane" Hanna when he retired from mx and went into competitive airplane racing? or how about Ricky Johnson when he started racing trucks? Even though these guys are retired from MX, there still young men and maybe there not ready to be "technical advisors" or racing "development" personel for a factory team. They are used to being in the spotlight and they have found a way to stay in. When was the last time anyone heard MgGrath's name on ESPN before this news? Don't be so quick to judge, remember this is only the begining, neither have been on a race track in direct competition yet and time will tell if this actually works. They may not make the adjustment and may never even make it to the Busch level. I personally hope it works out for them and they can continue impressing us with there dominance in a new sport.

One last question. Do you race? if you do try and look at it from that point of view. Imagine what it would feel like when you reach the peak of your physical ability to be on top and you know that you can no longer stay there. The desire to be the best can't be turned off like a switch and just because your body says no, doesn't mean that you heart agrees.

I think now it comes down to who can set up a car the best. you can have the fastest car out there but if it wont turn there isint anything you can do . A well setup car thats perfect can out run cars that are 50-75 hp faster

Blue250X
04-14-2007, 01:22 PM

I'm with you, I don't want to offend anyone.. but 500 laps in one circle is just not my thing.

nightrider05
04-14-2007, 01:22 PM
I look at it this way...At what point does something get boring? For a while now he has smoked everyone in MX and basically has no real competition any more. Every race I have seen he usually wins by at least a half a lap, sometimes more. For him this is something new, where he is the amateur instead of the king. He is now in a sport where he can set goals and continue learning. Whats so wrong about that?

Kickstarts-suck
04-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X
I'm with you, I don't want to offend anyone.. but 500 laps in one circle is just not my thing.

x2 BORING.

04-14-2007, 02:36 PM
same. i bet its fun to drive a few laps but i think 500 gets real boring...? unless the money they make just overcomes that? lol

its so boring to watch on tv. the only time i ever see anyone watching nascar is when there is a big party and its just playing on the big screen in the back where no one is paying attention

ATV Chic
04-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I've enjoyed NASCAR since i was very young and will always watch it. In our family it's just a tradition, such is UT women's basketball and UT football. I think it's a smart move for the MX guys and it brings a little more excitement to NASCAR to have more young, fresh competitors. I can't wait to see what he and Ricky can do....JMO

Outlaw 50
04-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
I've enjoyed NASCAR since i was very young and will always watch it. I think it's a smart move for the MX guys and it brings a little more excitement to NASCAR to have more young, fresh competitors. I can't wait to see what he and Ricky can do....JMO

I agree with sexyatvchic on this one!

If Jeremy can make it to the Busch series and finish the season somewhere near the top of the points he will make a whole lot of cash. I hope it works out well for him!

PolarisRider06
04-15-2007, 04:15 PM
metzger races off road trucks now. i dont know how he said it exactly but it was bassically something about riding and being nuts when your young and then i know after that he said "but with age comes a cage" because after beating the hell out of yourself that bad for that long and riding/racing injured and all of that it basically would destroy your body if you did it for to long so when you get older you run some other motorsport that you have a cage around you and you're more protected and way less likely to get any more injuries so then your family doesn't have to put up with you being in the hospital and worrying if you are going to live through the night or if you will be able to ever walk again or any of that stuff.

KTM265
04-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Think about it...RC, Mac...they have big names in MX. Where else can they make the kind of money they are use to making??? Off-road racing? Biggest off-road race in the US is Baja 1000? What does it pay, $5,000 to the winning team? Those guys make that just for showing up to the MX track. NASCAR is big money, and already look how it's drawn in some MX fans just because of them racing cars...It'a all about money. They start pulling some top 10 finishes in a car, you'll see a lot more cross over fans...