PDA

View Full Version : Dirtbike rider hit by car in NJ

450rcrazy022692
04-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Last night in Montville NJ, I was on my way home from a party and i got into my driveway and my older brother tells me hurry get in the car a kid got hit on Changebridge road coming out of miller lane. I told him i just passed there and hes like really?, and im like yea but lets go. So i get into the car and we bolt to where it was said to happen, i see every emergency person possible at the scene. So my brother has friends that are cops so they let us walk to the scene. The kid and bike were mangled and they called the helicoptors to come and get him, and then me and my brother got into the cops car and went to highschool where they land the helicoptors and 3 showed up. Then the kid left and we got a ride back to the scene to get my brothers car. It wasnt looking good last night and i heard that he died during the night but i still hope he is alive. There are alot of kids that have yamahas in my town and i know 95% of them but i couldnt tell the bike or the kid because the damage was soo bad. If anyone can find something out let me know. Ill update everyone later

PS- I think it might have been street legal but the kid didnt have a license for it, but his dad did....not sure though

CRich[814]
04-14-2007, 07:25 AM
i hope he's alright. really shouldnt of been riding on the road, especially at night.

JR3
04-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
i hope he's alright. really shouldnt of been riding on the road, especially at night.

well if its a enduro type street legal bike thats all legit and he has a valid license he has every right just like a car. but anyway thats sad to here i live in central jersey first i heard of this keep us posted.

450rcrazy022692
04-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey i jsut found out more, it was a kid named Justin Renny. He was on a CRF230 and it wasnt street legal. He is in very bad condiditon and hooked up to life support.

JW450R1
04-14-2007, 02:52 PM
WOW that sucks

450rcrazy022692
04-14-2007, 03:42 PM
the one on the right....

04-14-2007, 04:15 PM
i feel bad and i hope he gets better but it really isnt the cars fault he was hit. he shouldnt have been on the road.sorry to hear about him though

quad2xtreme
04-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
i feel bad and i hope he gets better but it really isnt the cars fault he was hit. he shouldnt have been on the road.sorry to hear about him though

Definitely not the car's fault but maybe the driver of the car...you are really jumping to conclusions...what if the driver was drunk and drove right onto the roadway without looking and hit the kid on the motorcycle? Don't think that just because the kid wasn't legal that he was at fault.

/Jon

JOEX
04-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Definitely not the car's fault but maybe the driver of the car...you are really jumping to conclusions...what if the driver was drunk and drove right onto the roadway without looking and hit the kid on the motorcycle? Don't think that just because the kid wasn't legal that he was at fault.

/Jon
If the kid was riding illeagally he is at least partially responsible. If he were obeying the laws he most likely would not have been hit by the theoretical drunk driver.

honda4life72
04-14-2007, 05:12 PM
yea and riding at night with no lights isn't the smartest thing to do :rolleyes:

450rcrazy022692
04-14-2007, 05:38 PM
More and more of the story is coming out. It was a 20yr old girl who yes was drinking that night, but i dont think to an illegal extent. And the kid is definitly at fault because he was turning onto a main road no yielding to traffic, but even so I feel bad for the family and everything. And one of my brothers friends thats a cop was telling me if the kid comes out alive hes getting tickets and suspended license.

quad2xtreme
04-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
If the kid was riding illeagally he is at least partially responsible. If he were obeying the laws he most likely would not have been hit by the theoretical drunk driver.

My point was that you shouldn't jump to conclusions saying he was at fault...very little info was provided.

Not a lawyer but I've spent 6 years of my life working running computer operations for law firms...you have no idea what the law is until the end of a case...drunk drivers are almost always at fault. I told the following before and I will shorten.

Guy I know falls asleep at the wheel and crosses the double line and hits another driver. The guy I know is killed but his wife lives. Other guy (injured big time and spents months in hospital) tries to sue his estate and life insurance policy...she keeps everything...he was drunk and never tried to avoid the collision.

/Jon

quad2xtreme
04-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 450rcrazy022692
More and more of the story is coming out. It was a 20yr old girl who yes was drinking that night, but i dont think to an illegal extent. And the kid is definitly at fault because he was turning onto a main road no yielding to traffic, but even so I feel bad for the family and everything. And one of my brothers friends thats a cop was telling me if the kid comes out alive hes getting tickets and suspended license.

well, she was 20 and drinking...she was definitely at an illegal limit. I know that you mean she wasn't above .08 but it won't matter. She too was breaking the law...she is an adult though consuming an illegal substance...she will be in deep chit.

700bRad
04-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Im sick of seeing people argue over stupid **** like this. I mean this kid is on life support, near death so spend more time praying and less time argueing. It doesnt matter to us whos fault it was, thats up to the familys and courts of that county to decide.

quad2xtreme
04-14-2007, 11:22 PM
agreed...that was actually the thought behind my original post...I didn't like the idea of someone saying it was basically his own fault when the original poster was merely looking for some support. It is too easy to get carried away on the net. I generally try to stay away from any posts like this.

speeddemon1991
04-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Bump

450rcrazy022692
04-16-2007, 11:01 AM
I have gotten a few PM’s, and I just wanted everyone to know that I didn’t post this for people to argue over whose fault it was or to make the kid look stupid. I posted this because I was asked to get support for the kid from an adult that watched the incident happen, so this kid has the prayers of others to help him recover.

foxracing2218
04-19-2007, 05:22 PM
hi, im friends wit Justins Sister shes been informing me on updates and stuff.
justins fine. he got taken off life support liek 2 days ago and hes going to rehab after he gets discharged this week. 450r where u from?

foxracing2218
04-19-2007, 05:35 PM
wait.. 450r your a dezao arent you?

Hondaracing819
04-19-2007, 05:58 PM
wow man thats really bad...

I live in mt lakes so montville is really close