PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki or Arctic Cat

Kamman2000
04-14-2007, 06:04 AM
I currently have a prettty nice built 400ex that Im just bored with. Soooo, Im wanting to dive into a new toy. Ive always liked the looks of the Arctic Cats DVX 400s. Are they still the same powerplant thats in the z400? What if any differences in performance and handling are there?

mojavedude
04-14-2007, 08:34 AM
there the same machine but the dvx has different plastics. suzuki even has its name on the frame. graphics are harder to find for the dvx though, and i saw some threads on z400central.com issues finding a racing hood for a dvx.

TWISTED DINLI
04-15-2007, 08:00 AM
The suzuki looks better IMO:ermm:

the fat kid
04-15-2007, 08:39 AM
i have an arctic cat, theyre the same, the graphics are non existant, im working with a company and they should be available in june though, and what is the purpose of a racing hood, sorry i dont race, just put that mesh in the headlight opening. only thing about the plastics that kinda suck is that the plastics are all one peice, kind of a pain when taking them off but the fenders are nice cause all 4 run you around 125 bux so if you want to change the colors its cheaper than getting maiers... hope i helped a lil... and at least its unique ive had a couple dozen "hey thats wicked what the hell is it" from my dvx when you see 10 zukis and 18 hondas out there...

drzoo2
04-15-2007, 06:29 PM
If your already coming from a 400 why another? The Z is faster, specially modded but not that much. Don't get me wrong I love mine. There are a few quirks but over all nice bike.

z

the fat kid
04-16-2007, 04:43 AM
the z is not faster i ride with two of them one an 03 one and 05 both with pipe 13t fronts filter and jetted and whoever gets a better start usually wins, theres no difference its all rider.

05Z400rdr
04-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by the fat kid
the z is not faster i ride with two of them one an 03 one and 05 both with pipe 13t fronts filter and jetted and whoever gets a better start usually wins, theres no difference its all rider.

I think he's comparing it to an ex, not a dvx...?

drzoo2
04-16-2007, 08:11 PM
yep^^^yep.

the fat kid
04-16-2007, 08:18 PM
read a lil more closley he has a 400ex he likes the looks fo the dvx but is wondering if its all the same powerplant and all as the suzuki... and btw an ex and a z with the same mods are pretty close to the same id say it comes down to the rider really... unless mine is running bad??/:chinese:

mx1791
04-16-2007, 11:34 PM
my 05 z with just a slip-on hmf/rejetted was 10x faster then a couple of my friends 400's , both with full pipes/rejetted (one sparks, one fmf) and proflow kits. we where all set up the same too, same gearing and same size tires. the 400ex handles better imo, stock and with aftermarket susp.

Kamman2000
04-17-2007, 04:33 AM
I could probably go and get a new 450 or something, but i tend to always want to be different. Rite now, my 400 is built nicely and will hang with these new 450s in the dunes, which is primarily all I ride. Now, contrary to what some will say, if I take my ex and race against a z400, chances are Im going to win mainly becuase I feel im a good rider. If you put me on the z, I will beat the EX. As most of you said, its the rider. Now if I race against someone who is a better rider than me, than its anyones race, but it is the rider when bikes are so closely the same. However, if you take an EX and a Z and build them up the same, the Z should be the better engine based on the design, (Liquid cooled, Cams ETC). Ive ridden many Zs, and I feel the power is very smooth and fun to ride. Same with the DVX. Id like to get either the Z or the DVX, and then start the build process. After all, Rite now, my EX will probably walk away from most stock Zs and Piped Zs. BUt I realize the power in the liquid cooled bikes are much better. IMO.

my88r
04-17-2007, 02:25 PM
there the same other than plastic so go with the one you like the best

the fat kid
04-17-2007, 08:23 PM
thats why i jumped on the dvx i got, well mostly casue it was way cheap but also cause you dont see them when you go ride there will be 100 people there 40 hondas 29 zukis 30 yamahas and one arctic cat. :D