PDA

View Full Version : Big Bore / PV GearHead's... Need help

LathersR
04-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Alright Im in a bit of a bind. I have a fresh bottom end ready to go with a CT 330 ported for mx ready to roll. I'm a holeshot freak and want it everytime (MX Racing). Now the question I'm asking is.. Should I stick with my 330 which in the past all my 330's have held together. Or should I go for the chance I have to get a Mumms 340 PV used by phillips in pro-am placing 3rd and 4th all day. Or go with a CT 350 big bore ? Like I said I ride alot of MX and want that holeshot everytime. But I also dont want to go thru cranks every other week.

This mumm's the word powervalved 340 is a beast let me tell you.

I've heard the 350's aren't nearly as reliable but I would replace the crank in my motor every probably 10 races.

What do you think I should do?

312R1
04-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Just pick one and go race...It's great to get the holeshot and all but to me it's more fun to work my way through the pack...not only that it will make you faster.;)

LathersR
04-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Lol nah I like the holeshot way too much. A lot of the tracks around here are tight.. so normally whoever is in there spot moves up on a few places at the most. There aren't many riders either unless you hit up some major tracks. I need a holeshot top end

312R1
04-14-2007, 12:52 AM
What tracks do you race at and what class do you run?

LathersR
04-14-2007, 01:01 AM
I'm in the am/ex races in District 3 MX/SX. I run alot of motocross and supercross... District 3 races I do like frozen ocean, royal mt, twister valley, will be seeing alot of those and possibly some hickory hill and maybe a couple national's..