PDA

View Full Version : Ltr450 Dasa Build

philys21
04-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Well here is my build done by Dasa, It has everything done to it while keeping it 450cc. So let the bashing begin....

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j97/philys21/2ndDyno.jpg

04-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Nothing to bash about. Thats good power out of the LTR

philys21
04-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Well I said that because other certain ppl that have seen it, call is bs and say lose dyno and so on.....

04-13-2007, 09:32 PM
what is all done to the motor? How much did everything cost? I dont think the motor will last very long though

blasterfreak99
04-13-2007, 09:38 PM
wow man great build. we need pics though!! and yea i'd say it is a grenade with the pin pulled.

philys21
04-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Well I got 25 hrs on it already and she is running very strong.

That motor has Dasa/web race cams, Dasa race porting, +1 exhaust valves, Hi-comp Dasa spec piston, FUELATV intake, Dasa pipe, Power Commander and couple extra touches from Dan.

czrider263
04-14-2007, 07:38 AM
The dyno is loaded so they tend to read high...I think about 10% even so 70hp with 10% gone 63hp IS A GREAT NUMBER. GREAT BUILD.

GPracer2500
04-14-2007, 10:16 AM
The torque is what I find startling more than anything else. 57 at 3500rpm from 450cc. That's amazing. Plus the curve is a strange shape. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a 450cc even hit 45 ft/lbs. And the only 40+ I can recall seeing was seen was another DASA built (450r) that was reported to make 43 ft/lbs at ~7250.

It's just hard to make sense of what I'm seeing there. I'm not saying the sky is falling, I'm just saying it's hard to interpret what is on the graph because some of it is so far out of the ordinary.

I've no doubt it's a super strong build. But I'd like to see a representation of the HP/torque from a Dynojet dyno so the figures could be more easily compared to what we're use to seeing.

Whatever the case, I'm sure it's fast as hell....

czrider263
04-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Yeah throw it on a dyno jet!

pats2007450er
04-25-2007, 01:46 AM
yea ok

LTR420
04-25-2007, 08:17 PM
why do you guys think it's a time bomb? just wanting some info.thinking about doing the dasa head.so is it the head that makes you say that?or is it something else he did?cause to me that is impressive.

Crashmore 22
04-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Congrats on your build. It appears that the people who are "a little insecure about their engine builder" will call people out quite often on this site. Don't let it get to ya just roost them in the corner!

Xater
04-27-2007, 05:59 PM
check out my blaster dyno look at that low end TQ and the hp that is off the chart. :rolleyes: lol just playing man, i was really bord. looks like you got a nice quad. :macho

witech
05-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by czrider263
Yeah throw it on a dyno jet!

I agree that torque curve is kinda wierd. Is it a car dyno ? Find a dynojet. We tried car dynoes and they gave absurdly high numbers to .

sandmanblue
05-08-2007, 04:10 PM
It would be nice to have a comparison of another quad on that same dyno or a test of that same quad on a Dynojet... Just for verification. It would either prove or disprove the accuracy of these dyno's. I don't know what to think... Just pointing out the obvious, I guess....

From http://www.foxvalleykart.com/dyno2.html

"There is one fluid-brake dyno on the market today that can be driven either directly by the engine crankshaft, or by the axle shaft with the engine still mounted to the kart. The DYNOmite Dynomometer system is manufactured by Land & Sea of Salem, New Hampshire. These folks make a variety of performance oriented products for marine applications, as well as test equipment for snowmobiles, chainsaws, and so on. Unlike the other fluid-brake dynos we've discussed, the DYNOmite unit uses electronic torque measurement. You'll remember that earlier we talked about measuring the torque output by measuring the twisting force on the pump housing. Well, that's exactly what the Land & Sea folks are doing. The DYNOmite unit has an integral "torque arm" built right into the pump housing unit. And partway along the length of this torque arm is an electronic strain gauge. A strain gauge is a device that measures the amount of force that is trying to bend the surface that it is mounted on. So, as the twisting force on the pump housing increases, it puts more and more pressure on the torque arm and the strain gauge measures that force. It is significant to note here that, unlike that other commonly used fluid-brake dynos, the DYNOmite unit, because of it's electronic output, and is automatically suited to computerized data collection. That's not to say that the other dynos can't be computerized. Quite the contrary. The Davenport Dyno is specifically designed to support automatic data collection. But that's not always the case. Most simple fluid-brake dynos are best suited to manual data collection. That is, you stabilize the unit at a given RPM setting, read the output information, write it down, and then adjust the load to a new RPM setting and repeat the process. Manual data collection is slow, and that extended run time makes it harder to "filter out" variations in data that occur as engine temps and other factors change. In general, the shorter the run time of your dyno runs is the better quality your data will be. That makes electronic data collection a high priority. In an upcoming article we'll get into the advantages and pitfalls of electronic data gathering on the dyno. And next month we'll look at totally electronic dynos; no water, no oil, just lots of "juice" of another sort running the dyno, providing the load, and measuring the output."

ltr_269
08-28-2007, 10:06 AM
that project is interesting me to mutch i just want to have the cost of all the operation and if your engine stay good or he is allways broken ?? thanks

witech
08-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
The torque is what I find startling more than anything else. 57 at 3500rpm from 450cc. That's amazing. Plus the curve is a strange shape. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a 450cc even hit 45 ft/lbs. And the only 40+ I can recall seeing was seen was another DASA built (450r) that was reported to make 43 ft/lbs at ~7250.

It's just hard to make sense of what I'm seeing there. I'm not saying the sky is falling, I'm just saying it's hard to interpret what is on the graph because some of it is so far out of the ordinary.

I've no doubt it's a super strong build. But I'd like to see a representation of the HP/torque from a Dynojet dyno so the figures could be more easily compared to what we're use to seeing.

Whatever the case, I'm sure it's fast as hell....
The only dyno charts even close to sometyhing like that have been on nitrous. Has the quad been run on a good dyno yet or have you any charts of a stocker on that dyno?