PDA

View Full Version : popping out of 3rd gear

baker58
04-13-2007, 04:12 PM
i was going up a hill in third and it went into neutral i let off the gas and it automaticly went back in gear i didn't think much of it 5min later it did the same thing so i started to head back to camp it did it several more times befor i got back . i took my 450 in to the dealer and told them what it was doing . i bought this bike in march of 06 thank god i bought the extended warranty . the dealer told me that i would halfto pay 250 dollars to find out what was wrong that they think it wouldn't be covered .so i ok the tare down they found that the dog gear was busted in half and that the shift fork was bent and the gears were damaged . they wernt going to cover the damages .so i had my mechanic look over the parts and had discussed what he thought had happened and suzuki ended up in taking care of it no charge to me . i have not got the bike back yet it is still being repaired. the only thing i halfto say is i wish suzuki when they find a week point in their machines that they would take care of it at no cost to the costomer . and dont fight about it to the costomer on what could of happened and that the rider was at fault with out even looking at the bike .they are always trying to find an out so they dont halfto pay for the damages .suzuki wants the consumer to pay for their poor designs !

suzukiray
04-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Suzuki is actually ok when it comes to these things. It is ALMOST always the dealer being an ***** about these things. Tell the dealer to warranty it & you AREN'T paying them a DIME! Unless, of course, there is a deductible on your extended warranty. That's why you bought the extended warranty. If the dealer gives you more crap call Suzuki & file a complaint on them! Most people don't know you can do this & the dealers DON'T want you to know! Ray.

suzukiray
04-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Suzuki is actually ok when it comes to these things. It is ALMOST always the dealer being an IDIOT about these things. Tell the dealer to warranty it & you AREN'T paying them a DIME! Unless, of course, there is a deductible on your extended warranty. That's why you bought the extended warranty. If the dealer gives you more crap call Suzuki & file a complaint on them! Most people don't know you can do this & the dealers DON'T want you to know! Ray.

450#3
04-14-2007, 11:13 AM
It seems alot of people are having this problem with the tranny,I am just thankfull I didnt have that problem on my 06'.Mine just had a problem with the springs in the clutch.But that was probally my bad becuase the hole engine was after market with the stock clutch.

Hope all of you guys get yours fixed and my dealer would 'nt do the extra warnty.

culichi
04-14-2007, 05:27 PM
i had a problem with my clutch. My bike suddenly stoped and i started it back up, but when i changed the gear the clutch didnt released, then i opened the little kind of dip stick that is in the clutch and it started to trow smoke but tons of it... what happened??:confused:

450#3
04-14-2007, 05:53 PM
I know this sounds stupid but what did it smell like when you opened up the plug.Some times when you burn up the clutch it will smell like burnt eggs and bacon dont ask why just dose.

Another thing is if it had a loss of power your piston rings could be bad or the cylinder is scarred and it is letting burnt gasses into the case.

Do you run it very hard for long periods of time at slow speeds and was it broke in properly?

madsteam
04-15-2007, 04:12 PM
I had a similar prob with my 06. I was in third gear then it seemed like it came out of gear but i wasnt sure. Later that day it did it again, but both times i was going pretty hard i'm not sure if its the rev. limeter or what. It does it when the rpms get high. Was yours doing it all the time or just in high rpms. Im realy stressed out cause its less than a year old and dont have a warrenty on it.

culichi
04-15-2007, 11:29 PM
I know this sounds stupid but what did it smell like when you opened up the plug.Some times when you burn up the clutch it will smell like burnt eggs and bacon dont ask why just dose.

Another thing is if it had a loss of power your piston rings could be bad or the cylinder is scarred and it is letting burnt gasses into the case.

Do you run it very hard for long periods of time at slow speeds and was it broke in properly?

well it did smelled like **** but i still dont know what caused it. it hapened on spring break, i ride 2 tanks a day could it be that its over heated or it didnt had enough oil???