PDA

View Full Version : Fastest?

jdubb
04-13-2007, 01:17 PM
What's the fastest stock quad on the road?

troutman561
04-13-2007, 11:11 PM
The fattest is probably the sportsman 800, but for fastest they all are pretty much the same unless your quad in modded out the anus and your gearing is strictly set for top end, then anything can pretty much be fastest, but stock gearing or close to it, all are about the same....

TWILES
04-14-2007, 11:19 AM
My wife worked at a Yamaha/Suzuki dealership and she said that the Japanesse atv's can only go so fast STOCK. They signed some thing saying that none would run over like 80 out of the box for the government. So if you have ever wondered why the gear ratio's don't make sence, now you know. None of the rest signed it as far as she had heard. Thats why the Outlander 800 will run like 90 something unrestricted in stock form. If someone was wanting to know what "sport" atv was the fastest once built for all out speed with stock bore, it would be the Banshee. Modded out the anoos, it would be the Banshee. Top speed set up for anything specific...Banshee. The Banshee is the only big motored sport atv ever made that is corked up so bad that it can not rev all the way out in 6th gear stock. If you just hold it wide open you can hit the rev limiter but not in a gear higher then 3rd unless you are on pavement. They have got to be the most fun atv to ride out there. If I ever get my wife satisfied, I'll have another. I sold the one I had because she needed a better car when we got married.

Dinner
04-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by TWILES
My wife worked at a Yamaha/Suzuki dealership and she said that the Japanesse atv's can only go so fast STOCK. They signed some thing saying that none would run over like 80 out of the box for the government. So if you have ever wondered why the gear ratio's don't make sence, now you know. None of the rest signed it as far as she had heard. Thats why the Outlander 800 will run like 90 something unrestricted in stock form. If someone was wanting to know what "sport" atv was the fastest once built for all out speed with stock bore, it would be the Banshee. Modded out the anoos, it would be the Banshee. Top speed set up for anything specific...Banshee. The Banshee is the only big motored sport atv ever made that is corked up so bad that it can not rev all the way out in 6th gear stock. If you just hold it wide open you can hit the rev limiter but not in a gear higher then 3rd unless you are on pavement. They have got to be the most fun atv to ride out there. If I ever get my wife satisfied, I'll have another. I sold the one I had because she needed a better car when we got married.

Except there is no Rev limiter in a Banshee, or a 2 stroke(unless you are talking about the pipes and ports being your rev limiter)....not bashing you, just letting you know:)

TWILES
04-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Every 2-stroke I have ever had, had a rev limiter with the exception of my old 250R and it had an LRD unlimited rev CDI. Not bashing you but just letting you know that you don't know what you are talking about.

firefighterjosh
04-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Every 2-stroke I have ever had, had a rev limiter with the exception of my old 250R and it had an LRD unlimited rev CDI. Not bashing you but just letting you know that you don't know what you are talking about.

Sorry you do not know what you are talking about. 2 strokes do not come with rev limiters;)

mickey400ex
04-15-2007, 08:24 PM
no rev limiters are on 2 strokes

97blaster200
04-16-2007, 03:36 PM
2 strokes have no rev limiters, and in stock form, the banshee definetly is not the fastest quad.

2002Honda400ex
04-16-2007, 08:42 PM
The banshee may not be the fastest out of the box, but I would say that they are the fastest modified;)

99banshee
04-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Banshees do have rev limiters! The thing is most of the time you will never hit the limiter on one.

firefighterjosh
04-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by 99banshee
Banshees do have rev limiters! The thing is most of the time you will never hit the limiter on one.

No they don't!!!!!!!!!! Maybe your thinking of the CDI or Tors system

Toomey (http://www.toomey.com/html/twistgrip.htm)

"Unplug the wires going from the stock carb tops into the wiring harness. Now, unplug the T.O.R.S. control box located above the left cylinder head, on the frame. (Some people call this the "rev-limiter", but in fact there is NO rev-limiter on a Banshee other than the stock pipes) You must unplug this little black box or the bike won't start. "

KeHall
04-17-2007, 10:07 AM
This is my .02c I think tha fastest quad would depend on mods and so forth

jdubb
04-18-2007, 01:43 PM
:mad: Can't yall read? It says STOCK!! andwhoever said polaris 800 HA HA!!! I wana see that beat a banshee. Heck I want to see it beat a 400ex

TWILES
04-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
No they don't!!!!!!!!!! Maybe your thinking of the CDI or Tors system

Toomey (http://www.toomey.com/html/twistgrip.htm)

"Unplug the wires going from the stock carb tops into the wiring harness. Now, unplug the T.O.R.S. control box located above the left cylinder head, on the frame. (Some people call this the "rev-limiter", but in fact there is NO rev-limiter on a Banshee other than the stock pipes) You must unplug this little black box or the bike won't start. "
OK, I'm wrong on the Banshee. The 250R's and my 500 Quadracer had them. Sorry. Do you not know what a CDI box does? Thats the computer that runs the ignition. Thats where the rev limiter is on every other one.

TWILES
04-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by jdubb
:mad: Can't yall read? It says STOCK!! andwhoever said polaris 800 HA HA!!! I wana see that beat a banshee. Heck I want to see it beat a 400ex

And to you, the 800 Can-Am IS the fastest out right now. The reason is the the Japanesse quads can't go over 80mph. My wife was told this by a Yamaha rep. Its a government thing. The Can-Am's, Polaris, and Arctic Cat's can because they didn't sign this thing saying they wouldn't go over a certain weight and speed. That 800 runs something like 85 stock and will hit 92 with a governer off still all stock.

97blaster200
04-18-2007, 02:31 PM
i think your wife lied to you

trackRider
04-18-2007, 04:56 PM
by far a banshee is the fastest stock or modified. for those whose think different LETS RACE!!!!!!!

trackRider
04-18-2007, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TWILES
And to you, the 800 Can-Am IS the fastest out right now. The reason is the the Japanesse quads can't go over 80mph. My wife was told this by a Yamaha rep. Its a government thing. The Can-Am's, Polaris, and Arctic Cat's can because they didn't sign this thing saying they wouldn't go over a certain weight and speed. That 800 runs something like 85 stock and will hit 92 with a governer off still all stock. [/QUO

u think the 800 is fast? my brother has one with a fullexhaust system and i outrun him by a long shot on my stock 05 yamaha banshee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

400exrider989
04-18-2007, 05:56 PM
lmao i love this thread

400exrider989
04-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by jdubb
learn to read ... toutman is right the polris 800 is he FATTEST thats what the guy who started the thread accidently put instead of fastest
:rolleyes:

trackRider
04-18-2007, 06:26 PM
hey 400exrider i dont think you can read! my banshee will dust the 800 ive done proved that

400exrider989
04-18-2007, 07:08 PM
i dont give 2 flying shizz about the 800 i know its slow im just saying that who made this thread asked for the FATEST, by accident of course (notice its not FASTEST) quad so trouman said the 800 polaris,
i have a banshee too btw and i know it would beat the 800 im not an idiot

firefighterjosh
04-18-2007, 07:15 PM
OK, I'm wrong on the Banshee. The 250R's and my 500 Quadracer had them. Sorry. Do you not know what a CDI box does? Thats the computer that runs the ignition. Thats where the rev limiter is on every other one.

2 strokes do not have rev limiters NONE OF THEM....the cdi box controls the spark not the rev limit;)

firefighterjosh
04-18-2007, 07:16 PM
IMO the new renegade is the fastest "STOCK" Machine out there. I have seen a outty 800 beat a stock trx 450 before. and the renegade beat the outty 800;)

flip73
04-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Oh geez, another "fastest quad" thread...who cares what's the fastest stock quad anyway, where are all these stock quads people talk about?

I've handed some *** out, and I've certainly gotten mine kicked too. I know my Banshee is faster that my buddy's mildly modded 440ex for example, but the guy's a fantastic rider. We'll drag down fire roads, pretty even for teh first 3 gears or so. THen I pull away and leave him in the roost. Then, we go hit the technical stuff and he pulls away from me. My point is, unless you're just riding pinned full out the whole time, it's quite often the fastest rider that's going to be posting the best times. I guess you lucky ones that ride sand a lot get to ride 80 mph all the time, so maybe it's different for you and you care about a quad that has a higher top end by 3 mph...I'm on the east coast so I ride rocks and rutted muddy trails. Just ride and have a good time on whatever you have :p

99banshee
04-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
2 strokes do not have rev limiters NONE OF THEM....the cdi box controls the spark not the rev limit;) If that is the case how come if it controls the spark why will it still run the same with the cdi box unplugged?

firefighterjosh
04-18-2007, 08:10 PM
If that is the case how come if it controls the spark why will it still run the same with the cdi box unplugged?

I don't belive the banshee will run with the CDI unplugged

firefighterjosh
04-18-2007, 08:37 PM
If that is the case how come if it controls the spark why will it still run the same with the cdi box unplugged?

To prove a point I started a thread over at bansheehq take a look :) (http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77353&st=0&gopid=664758&#entry664758)

TXATVRIDER
04-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by trackRider
by far a banshee is the fastest stock or modified. for those whose think different LETS RACE!!!!!!!

FO SHO :devil:

jdubb
04-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Sorry I didnt mean to start a fight.. I knew it was Banshee.. Just wanted to make my friend keep his.. He's wanting the new Suzuki 450