PDA

View Full Version : 300ex "Amp Link" ?

speedy121487
04-13-2007, 12:58 PM
hey, does anyone know if this part works, its called an "Amp Link" from www.rockymountainatv.com ?

"Rated as the best bolt on product ever by Dirt Wheels magazine
Chain torque makes the suspension nearly rigid, the Amp Link fixes this"- rockymountainatv.com

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/viewLargerImage.do?prodImage=a/amp_link.jpg

dork
04-13-2007, 10:55 PM
it basically reduces chain torque effect on braking, when the rear becomes rigid when you're slowing down or lock up the brakes. never tried one though, ATK dirt bikes used to come with them. i think a good aftermarket shock can deal with the effect just as well, maybe for stock shocks it'd be better. :confused:

speedy121487
04-15-2007, 04:01 PM
From what I understand it will eliminate the tension put on the chain from the movement of the swing arm... (when the swing arm moves up the chain gets tighter) this part spreads the chain so it is no longer effected by the swing arm movement. I just want to know if anyone has it and if it works well enough to pay $150 for it.

speedy121487
04-16-2007, 12:41 PM
her is a pic that shows how it works

wolfpack91
04-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Ok here's the deal. I used one of these in the late 90's and yes it works great. In fact it is one of those "old school" things that kind of got lost over the years. So I put one on my son's 300 last year. I had so many people ask me about it that it became an inside joke. Most just think it's a chain tensioner.
However, this season we are NOT using it. The way they are made now is a tad different than 10 years ago. It's made too thick and the swingarm bolt is just barely long enough, therefore it won't tighten up enough. We ended up rounding out the frame at the bolt causing the swingarm to shift, stretching the chain and utimately going through the inner case. While it does work, it's not worth the risk. Plus they are loud and distracting to a younger rider such as my 13 year old.