PDA

View Full Version : ok guys, i need some help.. i am kinda new at ltz

crazyquader
04-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi guys...

So i am a new owner of a 2002 model ltz 400.

My problem is:

When i weelie in 2nd it goes straight for a litle, but then, it starts pulling to the right.

and if i shift to 3rd or 4th, its even worse.

What can it be?

the bike is stock besides the wrp slip on, wheel spacers on the back, and the front wheels are the other way arround so its larger at the front.(of course, nerfs, bumper, etc....)

got new slasher rear tires yesterday, they have the same psi. 0.4bar each and they are 20.11-9 on stock rims...

the axle is brand new.

This was a trade that i made.

Its an 2002 model ltz, revisioned at suzuki here in my city in portugal.

so, can anyone help?

Thank you all..!!

forgot to say, that when i go on 4 wheels, i leave the handle bar and it goes straight.

Thanks again.

DVXDUDE
04-13-2007, 12:19 PM
not sure why it would do that....thats weird

btw your bike is an 03 model, they didnt make them in 02

400exrider707
04-13-2007, 12:52 PM
ATV tires are far from perfect. Even if you have the same air pressure in them it is very possible they are still different sizes. To do it correctly. Wrap a string around the tire and measure the "roll out" By wrapping the string and getting the exact circumference of the tire, you are measuring how far the tire travels on the ground for one rotation. Measure both sides and I will guarantee they are different. Next fill or let out air to match the roll out of the rear tires.

YFZ450Ridr
04-13-2007, 01:40 PM
check to make sure that the chain adjustment is straight. if your back wheels are a little crooked that will do it!

Byte
04-13-2007, 06:33 PM
That front bumper is cool!

atvrider23054
04-14-2007, 07:46 AM
im not sure if this could be it, but check you axle bearings. I had a problem with that on my 400ex.

crazyquader
04-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by atvrider23054
im not sure if this could be it, but check you axle bearings. I had a problem with that on my 400ex.

no, they are brand new....

gonna check the psi in a bit. :D

WOLFPACK
04-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Possibly your axle is not evenly aligned.

TheNewn
04-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Hah, whats wrong with you people? It's interesting what you say it is.

I'm 99.99% sure its the tires. One has more air then the other. 400exRider707 had it perfect. A tire with less air would drag the bike to taht side. I doubt anything else is wrong with it. I really wouldnt worry too much.

crazyquader
04-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by TheNewn

I'm 99.99% sure its the tires. One has more air then the other. 400exRider707 had it perfect. A tire with less air would drag the bike to taht side. I doubt anything else is wrong with it. I really wouldnt worry too much.

ok, so, yesterday i filled the tires up to 0.5psi, still does the same thing... they are both even.

Maybe the tire size as some of you say, i still didnt try to measure the tires... but i do know that she was pulling to the left and as soon as i swapped the rims/tires, she startet pulling to the right. when i weelie its bat, but when i ride it 4wheels its ok, unless i take the hands of the steering, she will start pulling slightly to the right.

Originally posted by my88r

if you look at his pic the tire tread is wearing off

I bought new tires, and she started doing this after that.

gonna post a pic with the new tires... not a good pic, but u can see what type of tires i have now....

thank you all for the good info and help you are providing.

YFZ450Ridr
04-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by TheNewn

whats wrong with you? you couldnt read that he stated in his first post the tires had the same pressure? think before you post.

TheNewn
04-15-2007, 10:31 PM
But i dont know how to think, obviously. I had said that 400exrider707 had it all right. and in his post he said that even with exact PSI in both tires the measurements wont be the same.

Dont worry, i can piss pretty far. I might win the contest.

Anyway, to the original poster, you have half a PSI in each tire? seems a little low to me. maybe i misunderstood.

atvrider23054
04-16-2007, 06:33 AM
i would say something but i dont want to get involed in this battle

Yep, same here

atvrider23054
04-16-2007, 02:34 PM
man where is monroe ny

Im about 3 hours away from you... in orange county... a little more than an hour North of NYC

crazyquader
04-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi guys,

Fisrt of all, thank you for the excelent and good info on how to solve my problem.

as i said, i would post what was the solution to my problem...

today i put 0.5bar on the left tire and 0.6bar on the right one.

it happened to solve my problem. before, had checked everything else and it was in excelent condition.

Now i am weeling it straight and God, how i missed weelling from 2th to 5th all the way without too much of a trouble.

it still goes a little to the right, but, nothing compared to what it used to and also not enough for me to bother putting up more air on the right tire..

once again, thank you all....

dan42684
04-27-2007, 08:58 PM
my quad does the same thing. but if you keep more air out in the right tire and less in the left it wont pull to the right thats what i do. or if it starts pulling to the right while you wheeling lean your weight to the left, and back and forth to keep your quad straight.

atvrider23054
04-28-2007, 05:45 AM
dan where in orange county do you live?

dan42684
04-30-2007, 03:51 PM
i live near middletown. you from monroe. where do u go ridin at?