PDA

View Full Version : goes to the right when i weelie

crazyquader
04-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi guys.

Ok, as the title says....

When i weelie in 2nd it goes straight for a litle, but then, it starts pulling to the right.

and if i shift to 3rd or 4th, its even worse.

What can it be?

the bike is stock besides the wrp slip on, wheel spacers on the back, and the front wheels are the other way arround so its larger at the front.(of course, nerfs, bumper, etc....)

got new slasher rear tires yesterday, they have the same psi. 0.4bar each and they are 20.11-9 on stock rims...

the axle is brand new.

This was a trade that i made.

Its an 2002 model ltz, revisioned at suzuki here in my city in portugal.

so, can anyone help?

Thank you all..!!

forgot to say, that when i go on 4 wheels, i leave the handle bar and it goes straight. :)

troyleepred719
04-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Try bringing both your tires air us a little harder, and lean the opposite way than the way you are leaning when you wheelie.

300exOH
04-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Even though your tires are at the same pressure there are usually slight differences in actual diameter between 2 tires even if the are the same brand and size. You may have to play with the air pressure to get it right. Also you could have worn swingarm or axle carrier bearings that are allowing the axle to move or shift left/right under a load.

crazyquader
04-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
Try bringing both your tires air us a little harder, and lean the opposite way than the way you are leaning when you wheelie.

but shouldnt it go straight????

i do have low preassure on the tires, as i do trail, i can always fill them a little more, but, still, they have the same preassure (digital machine did it)

i know i have to lean the oposite, but it pulls real hard to the right....

thanks.

trx400EXtreme
04-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Even though your tires are at the same pressure there are usually slight differences in actual diameter between 2 tires even if the are the same brand and size. You may have to play with the air pressure to get it right. Also you could have worn swingarm or axle carrier bearings that are allowing the axle to move or shift left/right under a load.
ya, atv tires arent perfect, i have the same problem. i have to have a half a pound more in my right rear tire to even it out.

crazyquader
04-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH

as for the tires, you may be right about that.... now that i am thinking......

as for the axle carrier bearings, they are brand new, as the axle was changed, the bearings were too.... and with the other tires, i could weelie straight. (stock tires).

these tires aren't that great.... may have a little diference between them..

never thought about that...because, when i put in the tires, she was pulling to the left, then we swapped rims and tires, and it was now pulling to the right.

after we noticed that the preassure was low on the right on...... we filled it a litle bit more and with 4 wheels on the floor, it was going straight.....pulling a weellie, it goes to the right...

gonna check that asap...

thank's alot guys...

400EXTRA
04-13-2007, 02:58 PM
are you riding on a flat surface

esr250r86
04-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Yeah, your tires might be bigger than the other, I have some tires that are kind of deformed and one is slightly a different shape than the other and it does this. I threw them away already but you could tell they were shaped different even though they were the same tires,size, and had the same amount of pressure inside.

motoman006
04-13-2007, 04:34 PM
yea i have 1lb more pressure in my right tire then left try somthing like that

crazyquader
04-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 400EXTRA
are you riding on a flat surface

dont get me wrong, but, if i werent, i wouldnt be asking this...... :)

yes, i am doing it in a flat surface....