PDA

View Full Version : anyone broken there wrist

osu_josh
04-12-2007, 07:20 PM
i broke my wrist two years ago and its never been the same. what do you guys do to rebuild the strength and what guards do you wear. any help would be greatly taken and used, cause this sucks

Hondaracing819
04-12-2007, 07:33 PM
i broke my wrist last year...

It wasnt that bad but the first thing i did once i got my cast off was physical therapy
It helped alot b/c now i have more strength and flexability

Mc. Muffin
04-12-2007, 07:46 PM
I broke my wrist in Nov of 2005 and I'm still having trouble with it
I just decided to put a cast on it and take off from riding for 4 months

trx400EXtreme
04-12-2007, 07:47 PM
ya i did physical theoropy after a broke my collar bone and it sucked at the time but helped big time in the long one.

Project300EX
04-12-2007, 07:51 PM
I broke mine a while ago. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary after and it's fine now.

Pvt. Maggot
04-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I broke mine awhile back, took all the weight of my old 300 on it, snapped it all the way, if I would have ripped the skin my hand would have been laying next to me, anyway...I didn't let it bother me..I rode the day I got my cast..quite funny to see someone ride with a cast past your elbow..hah..but I have constant pain..I also have arthritis so that doesn't help...mostly on colder or rainy days it hurts alot worse.

osu_josh
04-12-2007, 08:02 PM
thanks for the input guys what type of therapy did you guys do. do you wear braces now?

Mc. Muffin
04-12-2007, 08:36 PM
If your looking for a brace try:
ITP wrist brace (http://www.dme-direct.com/innovation-sports-wrist-brace-p-543.html)
My doc told me about that and said my insurance could cover it:cool: but I decided not to get it

esr250r86
04-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I just broke my collarbone and I am now healing from it. It has been about seven weeks now, I went to the doctor about a week ago and it wasnt healed but I think I can ride this weekend. I just have been riding my bicycle up and down the street and using my arm for every day activities like riding,eating,etc. It seems like it is healing up pretty good and hopefully it does. Has anyone went back to riding while there bone was still broken?

juanki
04-13-2007, 12:25 PM
i broke mine 2 years ago, and also i broke my arm in the same accident. like maggot, mine did also snaped, we have like 8 little bones that atach (?) the cubitus and radius to the hand, all of them went. since i have a metal plate in it.
the arm broke at the biceps, i seemed like robocop or something,

juanki
04-13-2007, 12:27 PM
here is the one in my arm

gncc025
04-13-2007, 02:31 PM
i broke my right hand about 4 or 5 years ago just up above my pinkie. it seems like it took a year before it was back to normal. i still cant punch anything real hard with it, but it still wont stop me from whoopin some ***** if i have to! LOL!:p

DVXchic
04-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Broke mine last june,think i broke it on my handguard as i went over the bars, had some hardwear put in it, wish i had the xrays, it looked pretty nasty. anyway I had alot of problems with it not wanting to bend very far, and it hurt real bad. so in november i had the plate and screws removed, as of now it feels great, as long as i don't hit something on a certain angle or try to put my hand flat on a table and my arm at a 90 degree bend.
I bought an evs brace, hardly used it but its pretty comfy and wasn't expensive.

R3b3lx
04-13-2007, 09:26 PM
broke mine in 02...cased nose first into a double....hasnt been the same since...hurts like hell if i hit a stump or anything that jars the handlebars...it'll put me on the ground for a few minutes.

RYAN44
04-13-2007, 10:12 PM
I busted my wrist last september i got it pinned my (scafoid) ihad a cast on for 8 weeks when i got it off i allowed 4 weeks just to get normalish movement i had phisio and wore a cti brace which helped heaps now i dont use it and my wrist is better than ever

just give it time to heal its the only way

Mxjunkie
04-14-2007, 08:38 AM
I've broken my right once, fractured it twice and fractured my left in two places and then broke it.. I've landed hard riding bmx so many time's and just let it go and they haven't been the same, some day's they will bother me so much that it's a irrotating pain to move them and when I ride if I hit a bump weird and it jar's my handle bar's it bothers the hell out of them.. I need to invest in a pair of flex bars..

My main problem is I rode with every cast I've ever had jumping over friend's and hitting jumps in 5th-6th on my old d-bike.. the doctor asked why there was paper towels.. Cast would cut my hand up when I would land so I fixed that lol :o :ermm: