PDA

View Full Version : MSR Deflectors (Big goofy guards)

Sjorge450R
04-12-2007, 05:48 PM
hey everyone with the MSR wind deflector guards. I am tired of my clutch side beinging less opened then my right side because on the right side, i wrap the strap around the brake ressie, on the clutch there is nothing, so naturaly it wants to close. Any tips/pics will help alot. thanks!

04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
i had these for awhile...hated them after a few seasons...because they would come loose or the same reason you suggested...i was going to get an aluminum wrap around handguard and just drill a hole in the msr guard, bolting them to the aluminiim guard

Sjorge450R
04-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i had these for awhile...hated them after a few seasons...because they would come loose or the same reason you suggested...i was going to get an aluminum wrap around handguard and just drill a hole in the msr guard, bolting them to the aluminiim guard

well they dont come off, i have them zip tied to my powermadds as well. I just pop the plates off the powermadds. I mean you may be able to see what im talking about in this bad picture of me...lol.

the 97
04-12-2007, 06:40 PM
what happens to your hands if you crash and go over the bars?

Sjorge450R
04-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by the 97
what happens to your hands if you crash and go over the bars?

they hit the handguards?:rolleyes:

lol. I try not to worry about crashing. If i setup my quad for how it would be after a crash, It would be setup completly different. These guards stop A LOT of mud and if you race in mud like we do in D-6 then you know that you try doing everything possible to keep your hands dry.

Lonestar_R
04-12-2007, 07:17 PM
where can you still buy these......I want to get a set of them

Sjorge450R
04-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
where can you still buy these......I want to get a set of them

any shop should be able to get them. they were given to me so I dont really know. Here is where you can buy them online

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/866/TR/34-0183

Colby@C&DRacing
04-13-2007, 08:04 AM
we stock them

04-13-2007, 08:36 AM
lonestar...i have 2 sets of them here and another at my parents...you rode with me when i had them on the 300ex

duke416ex
04-13-2007, 10:26 AM
If you are running power madds then you might want to look at their gauntlets, there are also severl other styles available other than the MSR. Right now I am running some from Ducks UNlimited, kinda funny, but they worked real good in the winter. They were made for a ute, they keep way more mud off than the msr, don't come loose, and they help in cold weather. For the Summer I don't know what I will be running though. Just a thought though to look at the other styles.

wanta450
04-13-2007, 01:52 PM
i have used both the msr ones and moose ones and by far the moose are much better they us heavy Velcro strap and are more rigid so they hold their shape

ex kid
04-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by wanta450
i have used both the msr ones and moose ones and by far the moose are much better they us heavy Velcro strap and are more rigid so they hold their shape

did you ever race with them or just sit in the pits and pretend to look cool?

Sjorge450R
04-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
did you ever race with them or just sit in the pits and pretend to look cool?

haha you guys race D-6 right? Im the kid in A class with the stock R. I think i have seen wanta before, not too sure. Oh and i have the MSR ones so im not just gonna go buy new ones..lol

mills_racing
04-15-2007, 09:44 AM
the new quantlets that powermadd came out with are really nice for muddy races and cold winter riding, u can let go of the bars and get ur hand back in no problem unlike the ones designed for the utes and they keep everything out compared to the moose ones that i used to run last season.