PDA

View Full Version : 07' DRX 70cc

drr wizard
04-12-2007, 03:58 PM
just got my new drx 70 watercooled , let me tell you this is one nice ride , I've got 2 drx 50cc and they run so well I didn't think the 70 could perform much better... well i was wrong , made a couple of tweaks and this thing outruns my friends apex 90 ! by the way anyone looking for a good deal on an apex he wants to sell it now..he is going get a drx 90 this week. I just wanted to share this info for anyone condsidering the 70cc , give one a try!

ecmini1
04-12-2007, 07:00 PM
The 70cc are a nice ride but must be somthing wrong with the apex 90cc. We sell both brands and we have yet stock for stock cc for cc had a drr out run a stock apex. Dont get me wrong the DRR is a great machine and I am not downing the DRR. Just something must wrong with tuning or somthing on the apex.

bulldogfallon
04-12-2007, 07:28 PM
I have also heard that the DRX70 is a nice machine out of the box

We are starting a 70cc class at our local track next month

No more 50 to 90 class jumps....Really a great way for kids to grow and run more than 1 class as their skills develop

ecmini1
04-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Bulldog that is awsome what you are doing for the kids in the 50-90cc gap.

kenjolly
04-13-2007, 02:20 PM
If you are intrested in the 70 class in dadecity fl let myself or bulldog know. we must have 4 or more to run. once we get it going i think it will be great for the kids.

thanks Ken 863-519-2466

drr5
04-16-2007, 09:32 AM
we will run it as long as this class is an open class with only cc limits, myself and others have 70s but the bikes are basicaly modified kaseas and etc, the only way for this class o survive is to make it a stepping stone to the modified class, with the intentions of our kids skipping the 90stock class, they can leave that class for the older newcomers that dont have the experiance ,i dont know about everyone else but im not putting my 7 year old out there with that crew, safer in the mod class.:D

bulldogfallon
04-16-2007, 09:54 AM
There will probably need to be 2 classes then as with the 90cc quads.

There needs to be room for the new comers to sport to learn and grow.

There are some awesome bolt on 70cc kits that will not make it fair competition against stock quads.

Please contact Randy at Dade City and let him know that the interest is there...

2 Classes is what I am shooting for.....

I will get 6 DRX 70s to the track if everything goes well....

If you can work on the 70cc mod class then we will all win!!

Thank you for your support in advance...

drr5
04-16-2007, 10:05 AM
two classes prob wont happen, the new drxs come really good suspension out of the box ,you need to look at it a little different take the kids in the 50 class right now, they need to be able to convert to a 70 when they are to old for the class not just go buy a new 70 ,i realize you sell these but we all need options, and im not saying that there will never be 2 classes but randy likes consistant numbers, and we will run that class as well as the 50 this year, along with the shifter class and the mod class, all im saying is there needs to be options.

ecmini1
04-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I think thats why bulldog is willing to bring his own bikes and let other riders ride them kind of like IROC.

He will bring the bikes and take them home I think this is a great idea and for a dist. to do something like this. This tells you that he is there for the sport and the kids.

Bulldogs is a Distributor for DRR that loves kids and this sport.

Thanks Bulldog

cwjr
04-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Drr Wizard please help us with those tweaks...We are happy with our 70 but we can be happier....
Thanks

bulldogfallon
04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by drr5
two classes prob wont happen, the new drxs come really good suspension out of the box ,you need to look at it a little different take the kids in the 50 class right now, they need to be able to convert to a 70 when they are to old for the class not just go buy a new 70 ,i realize you sell these but we all need options, and im not saying that there will never be 2 classes but randy likes consistant numbers, and we will run that class as well as the 50 this year, along with the shifter class and the mod class, all im saying is there needs to be options.

You want options? Here it is 1 class for stock quads and 1 for modified quads (why put newbies in the same class with the fully modified quads) Isn't that better than just 1 class of run what you brung...at least then there is an option for 70cc riders.

Some of the 70cc kits out there (like Metrakit) will let 70cc quads run with the 90cc quads, so why make a 70cc class? The 70 and 90 are the same physical size?

If you take a DRX50 and add the 70cc stock cylinder kit it should be able to run in the stock 70cc class....This is something we thought of to help you guys so you don't have to go and buy another quad.....

Not sure where you were going with your post with the reference that since we sell these quads we may have another agenda to sell more3 quads. Maybe I am reading it wrong, but it offended me in the way that I read it.

Why do you think we want to make this class? So kids can progress in a safer manner than jumping from a 50 to a 90....

We are not the group that is looking for the money in this deal.....

drr wizard
04-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi cwjr,
I made 4 changes , swapped head , put on uni filter, jetted carb
120 main (thats right 120) and I sent you a private message with the 4th change. total cost 195.00 , 2 hours work.

Nichols Atvs
04-16-2007, 12:49 PM
DRR Wizard

Any possiblites you can pm me that 4 th change im really interested and this is for a 50 or 70 drr

Thanks
Heath

ecmini1
04-16-2007, 01:00 PM
You guys must be running an air cooled mini. What carb are you running?

Nichols Atvs
04-16-2007, 02:05 PM
mine is the 16

drr5
04-16-2007, 02:06 PM
in no way did i mean to offend anyone,but this would be a drr class more or less what i am trying to say is lets do the 2 classes but if there arent but 2,or3 mod 70s we have no class but we already have the bike so where do we run it? believe me im all for both classes nothing would make me happier, i dont want my kid in the stk 90 class, just adressing questions before hand someone will ask later at the track ,again mt appoligies for anything i said taken the wrong way. and if i can help in anyway i will.

ecmini1
04-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Nichols Atvs
mine is the 16

Ohh ok I was going to say that jetting is high on the new bikes w/21mm carbs. It will run and seam to run good but there is more power hidden in that little beast.

Nichols Atvs
04-16-2007, 02:13 PM
What else can i do to gain with my 16 some say stay with the 16 others say swap it out for the 21 any suggestions

bulldogfallon
04-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Could the mod class be for modded 70s and Apex quads?

Would that be a fair grouping?

I can see your point on 1 70cc class, the more I think about it, but it would still be best to offer the slower riders a safe option to ride.

I guess the DRR quads are bordering on the Apex class a little, so it is hard to put them in with the rest of the other minis.

Could the classes be

1- Stock 70 CVT/Beginner (DRR, Eton etc)
2- Mod 70cc CVT/Expert (Production type rules...Apex, Cobra and Modded quads)

If us the parents can agree on a solution then the class will have the best chance of success....

We can run 1 class and drop 2 gates in until the class grows?

DRR5---Please try to think of a way to get as amny riders at the May 6th race and we can try to get all the parents to agree on a happy median...

I really think this class is going to be a huge success

drr5
04-16-2007, 03:06 PM
i think you understand what im trying to say,(cant type what i think sometimes) but i agree we need the classes i will do what i can about the riders but no garuntees.

drr wizard
04-16-2007, 08:21 PM
the 70 is watercooled and the carb is a OKO 24 and the main jet is 120...

GNCC GROVE
05-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I agree that this 70 rips. The only thing I did was take the clip out of the cdi box. I'm very impressed. Ours is air cooled.

I too would like to have the 4th seceret. PLEASE PM me. Thanks

bulldogfallon
05-09-2007, 06:07 PM
The 70cc can handle the 21mm OKO, but I think it is a bit much for the 50s unless it is a built 50.

My next shipment is coming with the 16mm Mikunis.....They are better for the masses and if they want to upgrade they can.

Too much work to get that OKO 21mm to run good all the time on a stock 50. IMO

Full Throttle00
05-09-2007, 11:37 PM
A mildly ported 50cc air cooled with KOSO power intake will easily run a 20 or 21mm carb.
I would recommend the Keihn 20mm for 50cc. It has performed great up here in the NW on the 50, 70, & 90cc.
Just moved upto a 28mm KOSO carb in a 32mm body on my 70cc. This thing really rips now!!!!

Logan #34's Dad
05-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Hey, I see you run the Fox Floats, Well do ya like em'. I just got a new DRR and I'm trying to figure out which way to spend my moldy money.
Also, I'm running a PE28mm Keinen on my Air cooled 70cc!

bulldogfallon
05-10-2007, 04:19 AM
The 20mm Keihin would be a great choice for the 50cc.....It is not just the size of the carb, but the brand as well.....I should have included that as well.

Our local rules won't allow for the carb change....

I have a 20mm Keihin carb in my trailer.....

Wish I could use it :(

My recomendation is for the masses (since I am a DRR distributor) and not everyone will have the time to battle that OKO 21mm on their "stock" bike.

I vote Keihin too....

You never know you may see them on a DRR at some point in the future :)

ecmini1
05-10-2007, 05:03 AM
The fox floats your seeing are usally a 300ex set up with a pit bike rear with an extension to make them work. Were a dealer for fox and as off last month there will be a shock for the minis soon. We are un able to warranty a fox shock if its not on the correct application. But the guys running them love them.

Our vote is for the keihin carbs.

drr5
05-10-2007, 07:19 AM
talked to randy about the new carb on the new 50 drx and asked if we could upgrade our existing 06 bikes , he said to get the parents together and see if everyone is ok with the change. unfortunatly it will be the oko not the keihien :(

bulldogfallon
05-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Not sure if the change will be for the better....not in the stock class that Dade City enforces....now on a National level the 21mm would be good idea, but stock vs stock I am not sold on the upgrade to the OKO.

My next shipment of 50s will only have the 16mm Mikuni...

I will of course carry the OKO 21mm with the performance intake for anyone that wants to upgrade from their 16mm Mikunis.

Let me know when you need one....

Hopefully the classes/rules at Dade City can be tweaked a little to make it easier to go faster and allow for more entry level riders to get involved in the sport.

An A, B, C class for each cc rating may be a good idea?

ecmini1
05-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Bulldog,
You know the rules are made to be tweaked:D
Just like a stock motor can be tweaked in the rules guide line to preform very well.

bulldogfallon
05-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Not supposed to at Dade City.....of course I don't think that is closely adhered to...

Considering almost every oil injector is not hooked up or is blocked off.

Amazing how a bb ends up in the oil injector line....

Must have been a production issue? :) :) :)

drr5
05-10-2007, 11:33 AM
ya just cant tust those dang tiwanese manufacturers,:D

drr wizard
05-10-2007, 01:03 PM
I am gonna start a contraversy here but the OKO carb can out perform the others with some simple mods , drill out pilot jet orifice to .029and drill out air intake orifice to . 098 and let me know what you think. It will take carte of all tuning problems . then go up to 120 main jet ! 42 pilot jet
drr wizard

drr wizard
05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Sorry I could not share this a month ago, when I mentioned the 120 main jet the first time , everyone thought it was crazy but i did not want to share this until DRR dealers were told , that will be released to them today. forgive me
drr wizard

drr wizard
05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by drr wizard
I am gonna start a contraversy here but the OKO carb can out perform the others with some simple mods , drill out pilot jet orifice to .0029and drill out air intake orifice to . 098 and let me know what you think. It will take carte of all tuning problems . then go up to 120 main jet ! 42 pilot jet
drr wizard

ooops

I mean .029 and .098
drr wizard

bulldogfallon
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by drr wizard
ooops

I mean .029 and .004
drr wizard

I sent you a PM

drr wizard