PDA

View Full Version : I finaly did it - Bought me a Moto!!

svahle
04-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Like the title says I finally bit the bullet and bought a Moto. I'm having it picked up tomorrow night and should be able to take my maiden voyage on Saturday.

It is supposed to have the following updates: stage 8, balanced crank w/updated bearings, engine mount, oil/crankcase breather, aluminum valve cover and impeller, decompression mechanism. It also has the 450 kit.

It comes with a ton of parts, tires, D&M, and a laptop (you may have seen it on ebay).

I can't wait to get my hands on it. I did do alot of research on these and this one seems to have the needed updates as far as I could tell. If there is something else I should look for or do right away please let me know.

I'll let you know what I think of her after a few rides. I just couldn't wait to tell somebody about my new toy.

2000ex
04-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Congrats, the people who take the time to know how to work on these bikes are the reason why most of the diehard guys own multiple bikes.

They are truely great machines when they have been updated. Best bang for the buck out there, and the quality as you will see is far superior to anything the Jap companies are making.

yamadjs08
04-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Nice buy, I wanted to buy it bad but we already have 4 Cannondales... :D Im only 40 minutes away from Marshalltown, there is actually a nice riding area in Marshalltown. That quad is mint by the way, I wanted it so bad! Let me know if you ever need help with it or anything, I'm in Springfield quite a bit actually.

Only thing I have to say is learn all you can about them. They are also very addicting (if you can't tell!), so probably plan on purchasing another one haha! :D

jesshamner
04-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the club!

svahle
04-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

yamadjs08 - Have you seen the quad I bought personally? You said it is mint but I was wondering if you based that on the pics in the auction or personal knowledge. It looked pretty clean to me plus all of the extras.

I have been researching the Dales for several months. One thing I will need to learn is how to do the mapping and adjusting the throttle position, etc. I will be nervous the first time I hook the computer to that thing for fear that I will screw it up.

I won't have it until tomorrow around midnight. Geez tomorrow will be one long day.

yamadjs08
04-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Nope sorry, I haven't seen it personally, just judging from pictures. But it definitely seemed to be in good shape. And it definitely seemed like he knew what he was talking about, compared to most other Cannondale auctions on ebay... No worries on hooking the computer up, you can get all the help needed at Cannondaleriders.com or Cannondaler.com

Is the quad being shipped or are you picking it up?

svahle
04-13-2007, 06:55 AM
I have a guy picking it up for me tonight. I may have to take a spin up and down my drive at about midnight when I get it. :D .

I have looked at both cannondaler and cannondaleriders. There is really some good info there. I would like to find a detailed step by step outline of how to change maps. I have found some fairly informative information about the process, but I still don't feel I have found anything detailed enought for me to give it a try. Maybe when I get the quad and the laptop with D&M some of the posts I have read will make more sense.

I'll be posting at the above sites as soon as my registration has been approved (I registered yesterday and am just waiting on the administrator approval).