PDA

View Full Version : I need a favor in a huge hurry

QuadJunkies
04-12-2007, 12:37 PM
We are taking our 450 in today to warrenty out a frame. It broke at the weld under the tank area.
I would like to show him that this is indeed a common area for breaks so I would like any feedback from others that have had any issues in the same areas so that the warrenty will hopefully take place.
thanks in advance!

QuadJunkies
04-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Also, any pics of your breaks would much MUCHO appreciated!

400exrider707
04-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Ive been searching forever for the one from pappy with all the common spots.... heres just a plain jane thread... http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201420&highlight=frame+breakage

here is the good one...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=276784&highlight=frame+cracking

QuadJunkies
04-12-2007, 12:55 PM
You rock!
Thanks!:)

400exrider707
04-12-2007, 12:59 PM
this shows the fix...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=205414&perpage=13&highlight=frame%20cracking&pagenumber=2

400exrider707
04-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
You rock!
Thanks!:)

Your lucky Im a huge slacker at work! Other wise I wouldn't waste my time searching exriders... I would be doing.... well work I guess;)

QuadJunkies
04-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Well I guess that goes for the both us us only thats the way Im at home this week:o :p
Actually, Ive been pretty busy andthis added to it abit.

Heres our 450s break
Is this a common area?

QuadJunkies
04-12-2007, 01:33 PM
I dont have a good close up lense so this was the best I could get.

honda4life72
04-12-2007, 01:55 PM
good thing u noticed that.... i'm gunna go check mine;)

esr250r86
04-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah, My 450r doesnt have a crack on it yet but I am probably going to invest in a gussett kit, My old 250r had a crack in it. We welded it back, as soon as we welded it back we found more and more cracks everytime we went riding, so I guess it must had spread through other parts of the frame. We ended up getting a new frame.

mx1791
04-12-2007, 02:33 PM
i guess that is a common place to break, my friends 05 broke there towards the end of last season

400exrider707
04-12-2007, 02:45 PM
When the 450Rs first came out that was THEE main place they broke. That is by far the most common area. The early fix before gusset kits were even out was to take a piece of tubing, cut a slit, unfold it, wrap it around, and weld er up. If you check out the link in my second post, the second page you can see where they added the gussets like I explained.

400exrider707
04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Ok here Ill even get the pic Im talking about...

notice the pieces of "larger" tubing on each side on the top of the frame....

Sjorge450R
04-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Adam Mcgill broke his when he was practicing in Georgia and my friend had to weld his in the excact same spot.

eganracing
04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
yep mine broke on the same spot as u quadjunkies. also keep an eye on the area where the pegs bolt in. i have multiple cracks down there.

QuadJunkies
04-12-2007, 11:41 PM
thanks, all good info...

Ill forward this to my Dealer ;)

QuadJunkies
04-18-2007, 11:56 PM
After sending the Honda guys a few pics that they asked for they went ahead and are replacing the frame ,they did ask if it was raced, they told them YES.. Thats the only question they asked

They warrentied a RACED QUAD with AFTERMARKET PARTS
frame will be her in two weeks!
We also have to get the starter replaced as I noticed it was going out at the last race.

Now I just have to worry if it will be all ready in time for round 5 of the WORCS series
here we go again lol....:huh
Seems like anything we do is down to tha last day I swear :scary:

firefighterjosh
04-19-2007, 12:53 AM

thats good. Anyone know if suzuki does the same?:(

Flynbryan19
04-19-2007, 05:35 AM
After sending the Honda guys a few pics that they asked for they went ahead and are replacing the frame ,they did ask if it was raced, they told them YES.. Thats the only question they asked

We also have to get the starter replaced as I noticed it was going out at the last race.

Now I just have to worry if it will be all ready in time for round 5 of the WORCS series
here we go again lol....:huh
Seems like anything we do is down to tha last day I swear :scary:

Guess if it ain't back in time he'll be racing old faithful(the 400ex)? :)

400exrider707
04-19-2007, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
thats good. Anyone know if suzuki does the same?:(

You'd be hard pressed to find any dealer that will warranty anything that has been raced. I know dealers that wont warranty stuff with numbers on it cause they say it has been raced. My own dealer wont warranty anything that me or my buddies buy from there (quads at least) because they know...

QuadJunkies
04-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Guess if it ain't back in time he'll be racing old faithful(the 400ex)? :)

lol I need mine for shooting photos.:D Plus, he would get TORE! I dont think there is too many stock 450 even in his class he races. His stock motor got pulled by a few . Oh well, at least it has a warrenty and its RELIABLE. Were not ready to go threw all the big bore stuff again-if ever.His last experience Im sure you remember quite well.. lol

Mine is due for a piston change. I have it ,just lack of time this next few weeks.
We both had starter issues go out last wk end which I thought was weird :p mine was more of a wire issue than the whole starter so that should be a simple fix.
We have an LTR that was offered to us but Troy wont race it . Might just take it for a quad for Troy to take some videos if he cant race :ermm:

You know whats funny his they SELL quads with race numbers on them,yet they wont warrenty anything with race numbers on them.Go figure that one :confused:

This is not the typical case Im sure and Im sure has alot of influence on our dealers behalf.Im just very pleased to know we got the frame replaced. If for any reason in the future they dont, we will gusset and weld.
He actually has had very little race time on it this year as he has been so wrapped up with my kids quads and racing.