PDA

View Full Version : Burgard A-arm parts..........

RIDER11X
04-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Where can someone get bushings and ball joints for Burgard A-arms? The owner seems to be unavailable by phone to make a puchase from, and I wanted to know if somebody else was a dealer for him, or if another brand of parts (LSR, Laeger, etc.) would fit the Burgard ones. BTW, it is to fit an 1992 LT250r. Anyone with info, please chime in, as the person with these A-arms is in need of finishing his rebuild soon. Thanks!:cool:

400exrider707
04-12-2007, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Where can someone get bushings and ball joints for Burgard A-arms? The owner seems to be unavailable by phone to make a puchase from, and I wanted to know if somebody else was a dealer for him, or if another brand of parts (LSR, Laeger, etc.) would fit the Burgard ones. BTW, it is to fit an 1992 LT250r. Anyone with info, please chime in, as the person with these A-arms is in need of finishing his rebuild soon. Thanks!:cool:

shoot Pappy a PM, he seems to be able to get in contact with him easier than anyone else I know... sometimes pappy even has extra burgard stuff just laying around at his house, I know I got a set of burgard beadlock rings from him that he had powdercoated ready to go...

RIDER11X
04-12-2007, 06:32 AM
Maybe Pappy will reply here with some luck....

Pappy
04-13-2007, 04:03 AM
ball joints can be bought from a parts store if your having trouble getting ahold of izzy, bushings are the same as all the standard burgard arms (any model) i think in the FAQ section there is a thread that tells what ball joint matches Burgard and LSR (a model of VW outer tie rod end)

burgard can be tuff to get ahold of, try early in the morning and throughout the day.

RIDER11X
04-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
ball joints can be bought from a parts store if your having trouble getting ahold of izzy, bushings are the same as all the standard burgard arms (any model) i think in the FAQ section there is a thread that tells what ball joint matches Burgard and LSR (a model of VW outer tie rod end)

burgard can be tuff to get ahold of, try early in the morning and throughout the day.

Soooo, aside from dealing with a guy that doesn't seem to want to make himself available to his customers, unless you want to spend your day guessing when he may feel like answering the phone.........:rolleyes: :huh ......Where else can the bushings be purchased? Maybe another manufacturer? TM Designs? :confused: LSR? Laeger? Houser?

LTandRaptorider
04-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Soooo, aside from dealing with a guy that doesn't seem to want to make himself available to his customers, unless you want to spend your day guessing when he may feel like answering the phone.........:rolleyes: :huh ......Where else can the bushings be purchased? Maybe another manufacturer? TM Designs? :confused: LSR? Laeger? Houser?

It would appear, and I've heard many stories to back mine up, once Izzy gets your money, that's about the last you hear from him. I spent $500 for his a-arms, now I am trying to spend a little more on replacement parts. I am done going that route. I have tried calling his business from early morning, lunch, afternoon, evening. I have since found replacement ball joints at a local auto parts. The sleeves and bushings have been a little tougher. Distributors I've contacted do not know the dimensions of the aftermarket kits they sell. I may just order a kit and hope for the best. Either that or order new a-arms from a reputable manufacturer... ;)

RIDER11X
04-14-2007, 02:41 AM
It is really a shame! Probably the best bet at this point is to get a set of calipers and measure the bushings and compare specs with other manufacturers. I can not figure why a person would produce quality A-arms, and then become a customer service nightmare with they very customers that purchase his products.:confused:

LTandRaptorider
04-14-2007, 06:56 AM
It is really a shame! Probably the best bet at this point is to get a set of calipers and measure the bushings and compare specs with other manufacturers. I can not figure why a person would produce quality A-arms, and then become a customer service nightmare with they very customers that purchase his products.:confused:

I have measured my bushings and sleeves, but finding distributors that know the dimensions of parts they sell is the problem. :rolleyes: Hopefully find something soon. My last batch of stuff should be done at the powder-coat shop. For guys that live in the western PA area, a shop called Durable Powder Coating, in Export has done great work! Great guy to deal with, his name is Ray. He has quads, done lots of p/c work on them, knows what he's doing. He also took my frame to a nearby fabrication shop that did some nice welding work. :cool:

bradley300
04-14-2007, 08:56 AM
my geuss is the stock bushings will work, have you tried measuring them?

ZSNOW
04-14-2007, 10:01 AM
im having the same issue i need ball joints and tie rod ends.....for my burgards and can't find em ANYWHERE

LTandRaptorider
04-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
my geuss is the stock bushings will work, have you tried measuring them?

OEM is a needle bearing-sleeve setup. Larger O.D.

On the ball joints... go to an Autozone or Advance auto parts. I got outer tie rod ends for a VW Beetle to replace the Burgard upper ball joints. About $16.

AtvMxRider
04-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Thats why I went with another brand A-Arm I have heard it's to much of a hassle to get ahold of Burgard.

kersey527
04-14-2007, 09:03 PM
What year VW does the tie rod need to be for?

Pappy
04-14-2007, 09:26 PM
not positive, but i believe it is for a 78 super beetle.

lsr rec arms should use the same bushings and sleeves as burgard and LSR rec series arms use a 14mm shaft ball joint that will fit burgard arms.

LT&R...exactly who else makes and stocks LT250 & 500 arms these days?

as far as carrying any parts these days, i do not. i am way to busy powder coating to worry with parts. all i ever carried was stuff to help folks out of a jam....but that was 2 years ago and longer..lol

and not to defend burgard, but in the past 3 months, i have had people complaining of issues for service parts from houser, walsh, lsr, jrd and more. hell, i waited 4 months for a set of walsh arms...i finally bought a set off ebay!

RIDER11X
04-14-2007, 10:02 PM
An answering machine isn't exactly expensive.......Neither is a cell phone dedicated to the business! Your either in business or out of business.....The owners/ operators make the choice with their actions....:ermm:

ZSNOW
04-15-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
not positive, but i believe it is for a 78 super beetle.

lsr rec arms should use the same bushings and sleeves as burgard and LSR rec series arms use a 14mm shaft ball joint that will fit burgard arms.

LT&R...exactly who else makes and stocks LT250 & 500 arms these days?

as far as carrying any parts these days, i do not. i am way to busy powder coating to worry with parts. all i ever carried was stuff to help folks out of a jam....but that was 2 years ago and longer..lol

and not to defend burgard, but in the past 3 months, i have had people complaining of issues for service parts from houser, walsh, lsr, jrd and more. hell, i waited 4 months for a set of walsh arms...i finally bought a set off ebay!

yah im goin on lsr today and see if i can order up some ball joints...my first race is in 2 weeks and i still need to get my arms back from powder coating get everything back together and get seat time:(