PDA

View Full Version : Z and Trx

400exrapes
04-11-2007, 09:11 PM
i know theres threads but they dont have enough info for me. a 400ex with a slip on pipe and a stock z400 whos gonna win? and i would like to hear stories on why a brand new 07 400ex is better then a brand new o7 z400. thanks honest opinions too cause ppl post the same threads in the z400 section obviously u know what the answers are gonna be

underpowered
04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
i would go 400ex because of reliability. you know after a year the Z is gonna need new timing chain and the valves adjusted, possibly new valves. the EX will run forever.

as far as a pipe EX vs. a Z it is all rider. with equal riders, it would be very close, but i would give the edge to the EX, but no clue really.

DieselSmoke5000
04-12-2007, 08:26 PM
between a piped 400 EX and a stock Z the Z is going to win. But, on the other hand it is running an air cooled, SOHC 400 EX to a liquid cooled DOHC Z. its really not a fair race with equal riders. IF the EX rider is better he will probably win, so its not that much faster.

i have a piped EX with a KN filter, modified Airbox and jetting and i'm about on par with a stocker. depending on gears i can generally edge him out by about a wheel lenghth. but i can do the same if i'm on the Z so.. you know.

My experience. i still choose the EX just due to the comfort factor. and that its air cooled SOHC simple design, tried and True motor

400exrapes
04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
are you serious a piped and jetted 400ex will tie a z400 i would think it would be a clear win with a good rider. wiht a k&n filter and jetted carb i should be able to take one, with all mods like bore cams port and polish all that stuff will a 400ex be faster/ better quad or is the z better all around

mod440ex
04-13-2007, 02:24 AM
its mostly in the rider, and really how often are you just going to spend the whole day dragging, if a z outruns you on a drag, take him to the woods and it will be a whole different ballgame. I have yet driven another quad that handles like the ex. I can outrun most 450s with the mods i have, i have even outran most raptors i come up against.

vett_09
04-13-2007, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by 400exrapes
i know theres threads but they dont have enough info for me. a 400ex with a slip on pipe and a stock z400 whos gonna win? and i would like to hear stories on why a brand new 07 400ex is better then a brand new o7 z400. thanks honest opinions too cause ppl post the same threads in the z400 section obviously u know what the answers are gonna be

Race a Z and find out for sure...

I've never raced a Z before, but I have raced a kfx400, and it's basically the same thing as a Z. This was back when my only mods were a pipe, jet kit, and kenda klaw rear tires. The guy I raced was a buddy of mine from work, and he's a good rider. He got me by about a bike lenth maybe a little more, but his kfx was piped and jetted too.

rooster_20
04-13-2007, 04:54 PM
The new 400ex's are slow... I would go buy a used one if I were you then you could save your money to buy an exaust or somthin. JMO