PDA

View Full Version : 2:30 start time

440ex342
04-11-2007, 08:49 PM
who in there right mind would want to get there at 7:00 in the morning and not race until 2:30 when they would have a 3 hour ride home that is crazy. we had 5 guys going until we saw that and its the same way at the later date races at least alternate with the bikes

Dale@AGP
04-12-2007, 05:24 AM
440ex342,

You bring up a valid point on the 2:30 start time. We'll look at the schedule and we will rotate the bikes and the quads depending on the event location.

The schedule for Little Egg Harbor on the April 22 will remain though.

On arriving at 7:00am for a 2:30pm race? That's something you really don't have to do unless you have youth peewee bike riders in your group.

Our recommendation is to try to get to the event at least 2 hours before your start time.

Again thanks for your input, and we will look into adjusting the times.

Dale

QuadRacer041
04-15-2007, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by 440ex342
who in there right mind would want to get there at 7:00 in the morning and not race until 2:30 when they would have a 3 hour ride home that is crazy. we had 5 guys going until we saw that and its the same way at the later date races at least alternate with the bikes

lol, i only mentioned this a month ago but when i mentioned it i was blasted. now all of a suddent its a good idea. seems like its hard for some people to make a decision amd stick with it.

quadgod440ex
04-15-2007, 02:53 PM
I would feel the same way for going to the further races , i know exactly where he is coming from. This race is pretty close so im not to worried about it but i would hate to race at 2 30 and then have a 3 hour ride home , as in some of these cases seems like close to a 6 hour ride some of the ones in new york seem pretty far . Now that would suck to run at 2 30.

Sjorge450R
04-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by quadgod440ex
I would feel the same way for going to the further races , i know exactly where he is coming from. This race is pretty close so im not to worried about it but i would hate to race at 2 30 and then have a 3 hour ride home , as in some of these cases seems like close to a 6 hour ride some of the ones in new york seem pretty far . Now that would suck to run at 2 30.

im guessing you have never raced D-6. Every race the quads start at 2:30 but we dont officialy start till like 3 most of the time.

Blizzard24
04-15-2007, 05:31 PM
The WNYOA series is the same way, 2:30 start times. I see where Dale is coming from, one day for volunteers, ambulances and course workers, and if these other series have been doing it for years the AGP can do it too.

quadgod440ex
04-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Ive raced plenty of d6 races , im not saying that any of the races start times were different. Im just saying that it will suck to have to race at 2 30 and not get done till like 5 30 then waiting for trophys and stuff and having to leave at like 8 and still have to drive like 6 hours . But hey its racing and that is one of the things that if u wanna race you gotta deal with right? Just hoping this series turns out really good. So how many people we got running A class the 22nd? Ill be there #44 on a red 450r , Hope to see ya guys there.

QuadRacer041
04-16-2007, 03:10 AM
i dont know if you guys are unaware or if you have just forgotten, this series was supposed to be started for QUADS and was originally not going to have bikes at all! From what Dale said back when he started this deal was he was doing this so quads had there own series and not getting pushed to the back burner like all the other series around the area. I dont see any reason why a quad rider would rather start at 2:30 instead of 12:30.

quadgod440ex
04-16-2007, 08:01 AM
I havnt raced this series yet or met dale personally , but from what i have read and the rumors ive heard , he has promised alot of things that just happend to fly out the window. 12 30 i would have to say is alot better start time then 2 30. But hey if we wanna run the series i guess we have to abide by the rules right. hope to see alot of you guys out there.

QuadRacer041
04-16-2007, 08:13 AM
I havnt raced this series yet or met dale personally , but from what i have read and the rumors ive heard , he has promised alot of things that just happend to fly out the window. 12 30 i would have to say is alot better start time then 2 30. But hey if we wanna run the series i guess we have to abide by the rules right. hope to see alot of you guys out there.

todays rule is not always tomorrows rule though.

Pappy
04-16-2007, 08:17 AM
i was asked to possibly cover this event for the site, but a sunday race that late in the day just wont happen for me:( traveling on a sunday is bad enough, and running 5 hours back that late in the day is murder, but MOST combined series (bikes and quads) run this format.

i still hope to make it to a few

GE4x4
04-16-2007, 12:06 PM
For me, 2:30 will keep me from racing it and a bunch of my buddies who go with me. We raced GNCC and Sat. was great, but the travel and gas has just got to high. So even tho I tried to get Sat for AGP due to a min of a 6hr drive, the Sun at 10 am still got me home at a reasonble time for work on Monday. But now starting another 4.5hrs later, there is just no way I can do that and work on Monday. Again like it was said before, this series was desighn for quads, yet it allways seems we get the short end of the stick again. Well it was good while it lasted.

Dale@AGP
04-16-2007, 12:54 PM
I understand everyoneÕs concern, but lets try this schedule and see how it works. The reason we moved everything to one day was that itÕs extremely hard finding volunteers for two day events and the overall number of riders just were not there to cover our cost at this time.

As far as any comments about this not being a Quad series, I wish you'd all talk to my friends that have helped me put on this series. They'll tell you how I feel about Quads and the discussion that we have when IÕm laying out a course in the woods. As I said before...this is a quad series and that is my focus.

On starting times and the schedule: Running the bikes first is going to be a lot easer for us to keep the races running on schedule. It's a lot easier to clear the course of a disabled bike, than if you had to clear a disabled quad. Last season just about all of our delays with the exception of the Barnegat NJ race were caused because of disabled quads that had to be removed from the course before we could start the Pro quad race.

Hopefully everyone will understand what we are trying to build and will come out this Sunday April 22 for Round 1 of the Atlantic Grand Prix series.

Again it will be nice catching up with all our old friends from last season.

Sincerely

Dale

GE4x4
04-16-2007, 01:52 PM
I can't see a big turn out with start times at 2:30 unless you live near by. I know the other series do it, but most of there tracks are more local. You have tracks from southern NJ to western PA to cental NY. If you want to keep this a region series, then times or days will need to change. If your making this a local series like the rest, the tracks will need to be closer to get a good following.

Blizzard24
04-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
I can't see a big turn out with start times at 2:30 unless you live near by. I know the other series do it, but most of there tracks are more local. You have tracks from southern NJ to western PA to cental NY. If you want to keep this a region series, then times or days will need to change. If your making this a local series like the rest, the tracks will need to be closer to get a good following.

I personally disagree, the WNYOA series in NY covers about a 200 mile area for tracks and they have a turn out each week of over 100 quads. Start time- 2pm for quads

The only thing that might work a little better is if you can run the mini and youth Motorcycles at the same time, the schedule could look like:
Youth/Mini Motorcycles 8:45 am 45 min
Youth Quad 10am 45 min
Motorcycles 11am 1.5 hrs
Quads 1pm 1.5 hrs

Then the races are over by 3 and everyone is on their way by 4.

quadgod440ex
04-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Blizzard24
I personally disagree, the WNYOA series in NY covers about a 200 mile area for tracks and they have a turn out each week of over 100 quads. Start time- 2pm for quads

The only thing that might work a little better is if you can run the mini and youth Motorcycles at the same time, the schedule could look like:
Youth/Mini Motorcycles 8:45 am 45 min
Youth Quad 10am 45 min
Motorcycles 11am 1.5 hrs
Quads 1pm 1.5 hrs

Then the races are over by 3 and everyone is on their way by 4.

Agreed!

Dale@AGP
04-18-2007, 05:10 AM
Agreed!

Lets see how it works..in the meantime I'll check with the New Jersey State Police Racing Control and the AMA about running PeeWees and bikes together.

I do know that they said running Youth Quads and Peewee Bikes voids the events insurance coverage.

Dale

Blizzard24
04-18-2007, 07:13 AM
Bikes and quads I can totally understand, definetly look into the minis and peewees though, if it can happen it could help all of us.