PDA

View Full Version : Need Help adjusting suspensions for MX

Trx250rider86
04-11-2007, 08:03 PM
i just got my ltr last friday, so the shocks are even fully broken in yet. im only weight 135. Can someone tell me alittle about all the shock adjustments on the front and rear? in detail. I took it to the track yesterday, felt very stiff and springy, i softened it alittle but i didnt know exactly what i was doing so i left it alone, and figured i should brake them in a bit more before i can tell how they really perform.Need answers asap so i can get it in tune before i go the the track friday, then fine tune it from there. Thanks

dg26
04-11-2007, 09:16 PM
set your sag with your preload to 30% of the suspension travel with you on it, and if i was you i would back the compression(top of shock) out all the way and then go 1 turn back in, on all shocks. and go two or three clicks slower on the rebound(lower) adjuster. That would be a good starting point. But definately send your shocks to i-shock to get them right for you. when you can.

Trx250rider86
04-11-2007, 09:28 PM
yes i wanna get them valved for me asap. me being so light make me feel unsafe on the ltr, totally different from my 250r and 400ex. over the bigger stuff i like the feel altho it bounces alittle but over the little stuff expecially it beats the crap outta me. thanks im going to try what you said out. if anyone else has any input please post it

Colby@C&DRacing
04-12-2007, 08:05 AM
The spring rates are way to stiff for you. You can try backing the preload off all the way but even then they will feel harsh. The bounce is coming from the rebound being to fast try slowing it down and backing the compression off. As you slow the rebound the compression will get stiffer. A revalve will help but at your weight you really need to get all new multi rate spring setup to go with the new valving.