PDA

View Full Version : Paralized...stem cells fix it?

TWILES
04-11-2007, 06:19 PM
My wife works with a guy who has been paralized for 17 years. He said that he had heard or read somewhere that China or some other country out that way, that doesn't have an FDA to fight with, can cure paralasis with stem cells. She heard that a guy with a really bad hart went to Austrailia and they fixed him to the point that he can do everything he could do before his hart got bad with stem cells. I know that religion comes in to play here but IF I had the money and was in bad health or paralized, I'd check into that. I watched the Jeremiah Jones interview a minute ago and remembered her telling me about all this. I'm sure that guy has checked into everything possible but has anyone else heard things like this?

jiffers
05-13-2007, 05:41 AM
sorry I'm from the UK and please explain where religion come in to it unless your local vicar is a scientist

OutlawBill
05-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Work was done in 2001 on mice with spinal core injures. They had some limited success but it is still many years away before studies on humans begin. check out http://www.themiamiproject.org/

Flynbryan19
05-14-2007, 01:57 PM
What most won't tell you or don't want to for their own agenda's is that stem cells can be obtained without killing babies. The fact that embrio's (sp?) have to be killed in order to gain the stem cells.