PDA

View Full Version : Another oil change question

Muffer Bearing
04-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I know this has been covered already but I couldn't find it using the "search" button.

I changed the clutch out the other day. While I was waiting for the parts, I pulled the oil tank and had it powdercoated. I also took the cooler off to clean it. Well, when I put it back together I poured in the standard 1.95 qts of oil. It all went in at one time. (I have read it wouldn't) Anyway, no leaks. I started it up let it warm up for a few minutes and shut it off to check the level. It had all drained down and didn't register on the dipstick. I took it for a short (5minutes or so) ride, came back shut it off and waited about 15 minutes. Now it will only register ...ever so slightly... on the bottom of the dipstick. I know it hasn't leaked out so what is the deal? Is this normal? if I wasn't taking a road trip in the morning I probably wouldn't sweat it but I will driving about 8 hrs and I want things to go well

weekendracer91
04-11-2007, 05:17 PM
yes its normal, i have a 440 and it takes a good ride for it to actually register!

Muffer Bearing
04-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Okay, cool, I figured as much but last minute issues always seem to creep up on me for some reason. I was kinda thinking there might be some problem where the oil wasn't going to balance itself out from the engine to the oil tank.