PDA

View Full Version : paddle question

garrettagr
04-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Alright guys. Went to glamis not too long ago and borrowed a set of sand sharks mounted on 10 inch wheels. They felt pretty heavy when i picked them up but didnt think too much of it. Well when I would first start to ride, the bike would be great. But when I would get it really warmed up it started to act up on me. When i was on the gas it was ok, but when i let off, it seemed like i had the brake on a little bit or something. Just would slow down so fast. And it really didnt perform that great either. took a long time to get in the power where as my other paddles were good and let the motor rev a little better. But they didnt get a good of traction as the sharks did. those sand sharks hooked up really good. I dont know if i was overheating the bottom end or the whole motor for that matter. Wondering what you guys thought. Also, there was a thread on this site that did a little comparison between paddles on a couple 250R's. One was pretty tame 250 but the other was a 350 pv. the guys tested 6 and 8 paddle haulers and sand sharks i believe. he said the 6 paddles were much better becuse they let the motor sin up faster and he could go up oldsmobile in a higher gear and probably be 10 bike lengths faster up the hill with those paddles. He said he found this on both bikes i guess. Kind of shocked me with a 6 paddle but who knows. Just curious on what your take on this may be. thanks. and if you can find that threat somewhere please let me know