PDA

View Full Version : Buying out of state

cybervex
04-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Has anyone bought a new ATV outside their home state.

How does it work? Is their a time limit on titling the ATV? Do I need a title to purchase an ORV sticker?

I live in Michigan and plan on buying in Missouri. They told me they would be giving me a Statement of Origin from the Manufacturer and I would take that to my local DMV to get a title.

Do I really need to title the ATV. If I ever sold it could I not just give the Statement of Origin to the next buyer?

Thanks in advance

bwamos
04-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Yes you can transfer the statment of origin, but it's MUCH easier to sell a quad with a clean title. You probably have to have a sales tax receipt to get the ORV license, so you may as well title it. ;)

cybervex
04-11-2007, 02:07 PM
I will probably title it just wondering about the what-ifs

bwamos your from MO Have you ever bought from Procycle? If so, what did you think of them?

MO-EX-RIDER
04-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by cybervex
I will probably title it just wondering about the what-ifs

bwamos your from MO Have you ever bought from Procycle? If so, what did you think of them?

watch their ads....if it says $4999.00 then its gonna go up for prep, doc. fees, transport fees......and so on...at the end your at $6500 my friend had this experience

cybervex
04-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Here is the ad http://procycleusa.com/onlinead.cfm?modelid=2696

Says $5620 plus $219 setup, $95 Freight/Handling, and $65 Processing charge. So the fees are in writing as you must bring the ad to secure the price.

Total would be $5999

I will just have to make sure to bring my lawyers number with me.

XCAdam89
04-11-2007, 06:21 PM
I bought mine from PA, and I'm in VA. Basically, he transfered the title into my name, and then mailed it to me later. It had a clean title when I purchased it, and I haven't had any problems from it.