PDA

View Full Version : 250ex idles fine but...

300exOH
04-11-2007, 12:33 PM
250ex starts right up and idles fine but I can't seem to rev much past idle at all or it dies completely. I'm gong to take the carb off and clean it and check to make sure a jet didn't come loose or clog with something. This has happened a couple of times before but it would go away after idling for a bit. I haven't looked at the spark plug but I would think that it wouldn't start at all if there was a problem there.

I noticed it has an inline fuel filter so it's possible it is partly clogged...does the 250 have a screen in the petcock like the 300ex?

Any ideas? Anything else I should check?

m.h.s.c.#527
04-11-2007, 05:28 PM
my buddies used to do that if it was on reserve? hope thats all it is

300exOH
04-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
my buddies used to do that if it was on reserve? hope thats all it is

On reserve??? I'll check that out but I don't see why it would be any different than the "on" position.

Any other ideas?

ryanh250ex
04-12-2007, 11:31 AM
I would suspect a clogged carb or fuel filter. or just plain low on gas.

300exOH
04-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Turns out the pilot and main jets were BOTH clogged.:eek2: Cleaned out the carb and it's good as new now. Not sure if I got some bad gas or what? I would think any dirt in the fuel wouldn't make it past the fuel filter though. I checked the air filter and it's clean and tight and all the connections from the airbox to the carb are all tight so I'm hoping it will be fine now. Thanks for the input guys.