PDA

View Full Version : U-bolt nerfs and skid plate??

NacsMXer
04-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Here I am faced with this dilemma and I need some input from whoever who can help.

I bought these IMS pro series heelguards that consequentially only work with their pegs so I just bought the IMS pegs too. The heelguard won't work with my AC standard nerfs because it hits the very end "loop" of the nerf. So I thought I would just get the IMS nerfs to complete the deal. Turns out, these nerfs mount with a U-bolt clamp to the frame instead of the motor mount like my AC's do. I have an AC chassis skid that is pretty much a must for MX but is going to be a problem if there are U-bolts hanging on the lower frame tubes.

Anybody have a solution to this situation? I really wish that IMS would just mount the nerfs to the motor mount and be done with it but I guess not. Best thing I can think of is cutting relief notches in the skid plate where the U-bolts will be on the frame.

What do you guys think? :confused:

Caseys 300ex
04-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Mine have u-bolts so i just drilled holes in my skidplate to run the bolt through. It was a PITA but now my skidplate is on more secure.