PDA

View Full Version : Someone had a good wk end!

QuadJunkies
04-11-2007, 11:22 AM
LILQJ has 6 more to go for the season but is sitting in the 3rd place in points for the WORCS series for the Shifter open class. :macho Alot can happen but not too bad of a start considering she hasnt raced alot this year.
She raced basically 3 races in one day and was pretty sore,blistered and brused but she had such a good time!

Im working now on the videos, Interview with Doug Eichner Amatuer and Youth Coverage in the race section.

I got a kick out of this pic... HEHE!
http://upload.pbase.com/image/77013899/original.jpg

http://upload.pbase.com/image/77014547/large.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/77014804/large.jpg

tim colston
04-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Congratulations great accomplishment:macho

ATV Chic
04-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Very awesome! You go girl! :eek2: :cool:

esr250r86
04-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Congratulations. Good job.

54warrior
04-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Better tell Mr. QJ to get his shotgun ready, because it won't be long till the boys are flocking to the door!!! ;)

QuadJunkies
04-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior
Better tell Mr. QJ to get his shotgun ready, because it won't be long till the boys are flocking to the door!!! ;)

They already are :mad: lol

I crack up everytime I look at the 1st pic when I see how much longer her legs are than her Dads:o :p

Shes finally at an age she can hang with Dad on most of the trails now so he now officially has a riding buddy. :)

mephyst
04-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior

Hahahah.

How old is she like 12-14? Congrats Lil QJ!

CannondaleRider
04-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Congrats to Kelsey, she earned it, she was flying out there:macho

QuadJunkies
04-12-2007, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by mephyst
Hahahah.

How old is she like 12-14? Congrats Lil QJ!

Shes 13.

CannondaleRider~ how did you do this wk end?Sure wish we could splurge for that 125 or 150 motor for her!! Its tough with the bigger motors and boy are those kids FAST!!!!
Were getting some head work done this wk. end by her motor builder ,she has a bit too much top end we think so it hopefully will have a little more grunt off the line next round motorwise.
I was so busy I hardly had time to really watch the racing this time around :(
We may have a Cdale rider coming with us to the next round.
Coverage is now up :)
hope you had a good wk end.

QuadJunkies
04-12-2007, 02:35 AM
Im going to really have to start getting more serious about finding a set of knee potection for her. She was severly bruised this past race and her bones literally hurt from the harsh riding and banging her legs around and tank hugging alot . taht track thispastwk end was very brutal and for amini riderIm surein alotof ways it was even worse .:( She had a hard time racing the sport class because they hurt so bad. We padded her up with ace bandages pretty good but she still bruised about the size of a small orange :huh
I cant find her anything locally that will fit!

:scary:
http://upload.pbase.com/image/77042913/large.jpg

CannondaleRider
04-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Shes 13.

CannondaleRider~ how did you do this wk end?Sure wish we could splurge for that 125 or 150 motor for her!! Its tough with the bigger motors and boy are those kids FAST!!!!
Were getting some head work done this wk. end by her motor builder ,she has a bit too much top end we think so it hopefully will have a little more grunt off the line next round motorwise.
I was so busy I hardly had time to really watch the racing this time around :(
We may have a Cdale rider coming with us to the next round.
Coverage is now up :)
hope you had a good wk end.

I actually wasn't able to race last weekend, nothing came together as planned, so I had to throw some plans together at the last minute and hitch a ride with Eliminator Racing, just to be there to take my sisters place as the Team Money$hot Photographer and help out in the pits.

I noticed that Kelsey's bike seemed to do really good once it got on the pipe, but seemed to lack the ability to accelerate as quick, or pull the hills like all the decked out 90's out there. Be cool to see what she can do with some more torque involved.

Always cool to have more Cannondales at the WORCS races. Are you speaking of the "#13atk" guy with the Cdale with the Quadtech hood?

It's the sides of her knees that are getting bruised, right? I know my simple knee/shin guards don't have much in the way of side protection, and I get bruises on the insided of my knees after races such as Havasu. Think this would help?...SixSixOne Ricochet Knee/Shin Guards
http://www.sixsixone.com/media/store/product/6414-00.jpg

QuadJunkies
04-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I actually wasn't able to race last weekend, nothing came together as planned, so I had to throw some plans together at the last minute and hitch a ride with Eliminator Racing, just to be there to take my sisters place as the Team Money$hot Photographer and help out in the pits.

I noticed that Kelsey's bike seemed to do really good once it got on the pipe, but seemed to lack the ability to accelerate as quick, or pull the hills like all the decked out 90's out there. Be cool to see what she can do with some more torque involved.

Always cool to have more Cannondales at the WORCS races. Are you speaking of the "#13atk" guy with the Cdale with the Quadtech hood?

It's the sides of her knees that are getting bruised, right? I know my simple knee/shin guards don't have much in the way of side protection, and I get bruises on the insided of my knees after races such as Havasu. Think this would help?...SixSixOne Ricochet Knee/Shin Guards
http://www.sixsixone.com/media/store/product/6414-00.jpg

Kelseys motor was built for more top end, we are learning more bottom end will be beneficial,but we def. want to keep it reliable . I know alot of the others are bored over alot more than hers but again,we want to keep it as reliable as possible. We might stroke it at some point. Her pipe is a top end pipe as well so that is soemthing we will address it at some point as well as we will need to have a custom one made of modify a bike pipe to fit.
She was pretty stoked to learn how to feather her clutch this round! Its fun to watch her learn all the new things this year.....:)

yes, it is the ATK. That is my Husbands best freind.His son raced the 50cc class on Sunday and wants to know when he can race again:D so they may join us next round possibly.

Yeah, her insides of her knees are pretty banged up. I wish I could find protection that was padded on the inside and not a hard plastic on the outside where the knee cap is. Maybe something that is not so restrictive. I dont think that one youposted will work, but thanks for the suggestion!
Maybe Ill just try wrapping her in weather stripping the next time around .. LOL
Are you going to make the next round?

firefighterjosh
04-13-2007, 04:04 AM
Congrats!!!! Good job out there:D

CannondaleRider
04-13-2007, 08:50 AM

Yeah, her insides of her knees are pretty banged up. I wish I could find protection that was padded on the inside and not a hard plastic on the outside where the knee cap is. Maybe something that is not so restrictive. I dont think that one youposted will work, but thanks for the suggestion!
Maybe Ill just try wrapping her in weather stripping the next time around .. LOL
Are you going to make the next round?

I think you will actually need something with a hard plastic shell, because even padding won't cusion the impacts. Unless you padded enough to cause restriction. Most have great padding below the plastic, and arn't actually restrictive at all. It always seems to feel restrictive, but once your moving, you wont even know they're there.....at least it's that way with me. Not sure about that particular knee pad though.

Yep, I'll be at Los Olivos, racing this one of course. My sister should be coming, but I doubt she'll be racing.

QuadJunkies
04-16-2007, 10:50 AM
I found something Im going to have her try...
I ordered a Youth set today. This was the closest thing I could find that was padded on the inside.They told me the hard cupped knee guards would do her no goodfor protecting her inner knee area..
Cross your fingers it works ! :)
http://www.sixsixone.com/media/store/product/6495-24.jpg

400exrider707
04-16-2007, 11:00 AM
I found something Im going to have her try...
I ordered a Youth set today. This was the closest thing I could find that was padded on the inside.They told me the hard cupped knee guards would do her no goodfor protecting her inner knee area..
Cross your fingers it works ! :)
http://www.sixsixone.com/media/store/product/6495-24.jpg

Do you have a link for those?

QuadJunkies
04-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Here ya go.
http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Bike.aspx?id=ab88a166-cb55-47de-943e-27b9c448e269&product=3afc19a2-aea7-4d36-a318-e33bac211ae7
This was the best guard I could find for a quad riders needs for a rider who hugs the tank or bangs there knees alot.
Too bad that one of the maufactuers didint make something specifically designed for us quad riders instead of the bikes :ermm:

insaneracin2003
04-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Great job in the works series Kelsey, how many more rounds are there? Hang in there,you will never know what can happen.:macho

Flynbryan19
04-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Congrats QJ. Its been neat watching your little ones grow and becoming better riders. Can't wait till I get to put my little man on a quad. ;)

QuadJunkies
04-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Flynbryan19~
How old is the lil one?

They have 6 more round to go.
Her quads now at the shop getting some fine tuning done.We knew we wouldhave to do this once we seen where she was at with her clutching ect..
Her rear shock is being redone as well as we just learned after this last race its not even safe to be riding at this point. I think she raced her last race of the day with only spring action working and was porbably totally blown.
I guess when she said her rear shock sucked she had a good reason to say that now . lol:p
She also got her 1st REAL blisters this last race . Dad had to super glue one yesterday that keeps splitting open :scary:
A couple more races and they should be toughened up .

dober250R
04-17-2007, 07:08 AM
I have six six one knee gaurds like those but the adult model, and I slide the center over to the inside a little bit to give me a little more protection on the inside of my knees. They work great cause you can rotate them over to the inside more than the ones that go down into the boot.

QuadJunkies
04-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by dober250R
I have six six one knee gaurds like those but the adult model, and I slide the center over to the inside a little bit to give me a little more protection on the inside of my knees. They work great cause you can rotate them over to the inside more than the ones that go down into the boot.

Thats good to hear !Hopefully we found the solution.
Do you bruise anymore or do they help with the impact?

LilQJ
04-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks for all the congrats and also the knee pads are AWESOME!
quad riders should try a set!:macho
I just got my quad back yesterday. It was a good thing I guess as the piston was hitting the head a little and I guess at some point they may need to go with a new head instead of the original one ,it would not have made it threw another race without something going wrong ,whew!the head is not working as well as my mechanic had hoped so a new one may be needed before next round.
But after doing some tweeking its got more bottom end and newly rebuilt rear shock. I guess mine was completely gone the last race
Thank you Elka! :blah:
I guess we will see the week before the next race when we go practice. I hope my little brother is up and running soon, he has had a very bad season not due to himself but because of quad issues :rolleyes: He more than likely wont place well this year because of his last race but who knows.
Were excited about the next race in california,just not sure where its being held yet
:confused:
thanks and see ya!:)

05Z400rdr
04-21-2007, 08:53 PM
That's awesome! always a good thing to see more girls/women getting into the sport. Congrats!

400exrider989
04-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by LilQJ
Thanks for all the congrats and also the knee pads are AWESOME!
quad riders should try a set!:macho
I just got my quad back yesterday. It was a good thing I guess as the piston was hitting the head a little and I guess at some point they may need to go with a new head instead of the original one ,it would not have made it threw another race without something going wrong ,whew!the head is not working as well as my mechanic had hoped so a new one may be needed before next round.
But after doing some tweeking its got more bottom end and newly rebuilt rear shock. I guess mine was completely gone the last race
Thank you Elka! :blah:
I guess we will see the week before the next race when we go practice. I hope my little brother is up and running soon, he has had a very bad season not due to himself but because of quad issues :rolleyes: He more than likely wont place well this year because of his last race but who knows.
Were excited about the next race in california,just not sure where its being held yet
:confused:
thanks and see ya!:)

im 14 and im sooooo jealous that you are a racer!
there is no racing down here in alberta canada, but atleast i still get to ride my banshee, not as much as i would like to due to busy parents and bad weather and it really hurts me not being able to ride because its absolutly the most amazing thing in my life right now!

i wont be surprised when i see you on T.V winning world championships, so keep it up!!

LilQJ
04-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider989
im 14 and im sooooo jealous that you are a racer!
there is no racing down here in alberta canada, but atleast i still get to ride my banshee, not as much as i would like to due to busy parents and bad weather and it really hurts me not being able to ride because its absolutly the most amazing thing in my life right now!

i wont be surprised when i see you on T.V winning world championships, so keep it up!!
Is alberta far from Idaho?
I doubt I will ever be that good but thanks !:)
It cost soooooo much money to race too. Im not sure how long we will do it .I know we all appreciate our sponsors because they help us alot,but the traveling is whats really tough and the upkeep.:ermm:
now that you mention Banshee..
my dad is going to have a new silencer put on my mini and its a toomey!:D the owner is also going to make a quiet core for it so I dont flunk sound DB's.Im really close ,its so weird too cause its not that loud and the thumpers are louder than me and they are passing.:( My dad said something about getting rid of a shorter pipe and going longer will make it more quiet and a little bit more bottom end and he will cut it at the mid pipe I think..?

400exrider989
04-21-2007, 11:27 PM
just tell your dad to just run no silencer!
lol that well be quite enough
or maybe put one of those little toys little kids get for birthdays that go WHOOO! and are really anoying and put that on your silencer
my friend did it with his RM80 lol it sounded like world war 3
if you keep racing you well be pro yup yup

QuadJunkies
04-22-2007, 01:08 PM
I havent seen it yet, but I guess a pic of Kelseys from round 1 is in Dirtwheels mag, but she is covering up her face with her plaque:o :p Shes a pretty shy girl.;)
She is as bad about a camera as I am .:chinese:
I havent renewed all my subscriptons for the year to save for traveling so I havent seen it yet .