PDA

View Full Version : best torque pipe for xc

660bigdaddy
04-11-2007, 10:21 AM
buddy has a 86 R. wants to run xc this year. quad needs more torque. any suggestions?
thanks in advance

pimpt250r
04-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Paul Turner type 6
its the best lowend pipe for a 250r .period
and if you look
http://www.duncanracing.com/ctgy/31
i have 1 with a fatboy silencer ,and the quality super seeds FMF by huge lengths,
cost will be your only concern

pimpt250r
04-11-2007, 08:06 PM
check it out i took a
brand new FMF fatty off my R
and i think its pretty funny/rediculous you say that,,

because the tp6does exactly what its supposed to do,
have had it on for 2 yrs jetted right and this thing ripppppsssss
off the line and outta
corners

just like it says on the website 17%more power than any other pipe
all my fmf did was make a funny dinging didnt really feel anything
like the PT type 6

and besides its a 2 stroke,you may just need to learn how to usethe clutch on your R
or get your **** jetted right because lowend is all this pipe has

250r rider 88
04-11-2007, 08:46 PM
i run the esr trx 6 low to mid range pipe and love it plenty of power through out the entire powerband and has all the torque you could want coming out of corners and off the line

pipe isnt the only way to get bottom end to mid range torque either different carbs porting etc an help as well do some research in this forum you will find the info you are looking for and dont have to get bashed by other members

250r rider 88
04-11-2007, 08:55 PM
i know to many people on this website consider themselves above others and feel it is their duty to bash people

just giving you my advice on pipes go with the ESR i had an fmf and it was the biggest POS ive ever seen

Brett250R
04-11-2007, 09:39 PM
no one mentioned the CT mid-range, pipe rips everywhere, quality is rediculous, night and day over my fmf, but i do love my fmf but it leaked because it was "adjusted" with a hammer.

-Brett-

pimpt250r
04-11-2007, 09:45 PM
so sho me where i bashed you,,
give me a break
guy asked about a good lowend pipe i posted a link to 1 of the best R pipe makers ever

never said i was above anyone ,,
most people look for factual info,, and i gave him some ,,
that makes me arogant

i can go talk to my ol lady if i wanna hear this kinda sensativity
WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MEN HERE not snivviling crybabys

Brett250R
04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
grow up, dont egg him on, don't turn the thread into a flame war

-Brett-

lbz#7
04-12-2007, 02:33 AM
lrd ......

mfr422
04-12-2007, 04:29 AM
Paul turner type 6 / with stock carb is the best setup for lowend i've found, works great for xc and rips right off of idle. fmf fatty with stock carb works good mid/top and with a 38mm airstriker rips on topend, I have tried a lot of pipes and carbs over the years, lrd, ct, esr, etc, but have the type 6 currently. It really comes down to where you want the power to be, I like the type 6 because it eliminates a lot of clutching out of the corners as it has bite right off of idle, lower hit than any other pipe I've tried. That makes the bike easier to ride for me . I also ride some in the dunes and the fatty with 38 pulls harder and longer than anything else out there, so I have both setups to use depending on where I am riding. Roost on :cool:

chris46250r
04-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Paul Turner type 6 without a doubt for me. I ran this pipe for MX also.

CorvetteZ06
04-12-2007, 06:48 AM
i have never had a problem with my fatty, great fit, the finish has stayed nice, and i have a nice broad powerband.

C-LEIGH RACING
04-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Lets not forget the cylinder porting, that is as important as deciding which pipe you think will work.

What ever porting the cylinder has, the pipe is there to complement it.
It all has to work together to make one package.
Neil

deeroldz28
04-12-2007, 08:20 PM
anyone kno what bills pipes are good for??? or if there any good at all???