PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoffs !!!!!!

450r51
04-11-2007, 08:59 AM
so who do u think is going to win?

who else is just going nuts right now waiting for there team to play.

Buffalo Sabres = 2007 Stanley Cup Champions

and i will leave you with a vid of why you dont mess with the sabres.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49sqgSv5SE0

STEVENJANNA
04-11-2007, 09:33 AM
What is this "NHL" you talk about? Is it that sport with the sticks and puck? The sport, that at one time, was the greatest sport on earth? The NHL........ Oh Yeah that is the proffesional sports league that skrewed all of it's fans for 1 1/2 seasons with there greed. It's gonna take a long time for this former NHL fan to care about them again.

97blaster200
04-11-2007, 09:48 AM
im rooting for the rangers....i dont think they will make it all the way though. so im gonna have to also choose the sabres as winning the stanley cup!

Nick110
04-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Lets go Buff A Lo!!!!!!!!!!!

Quad18star
04-11-2007, 11:03 AM
I think the Sabres will take it , but I'm rooting for the Ottawa Senators .

My team , the Oilers, are out of it , so I might as well root for the next best Canadian team .

Anyone watch the Leafs vs Canadian game the other night ?? Talk about a wierd , yet exciting game . Then the Islanders vs Devils game .... crazy game .... knocked the Leafs out of the playoffs !!!:ermm:

04-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Detroit can go a long way if bertuzzi datsyuk and zetterberg are all healthy and producing. Of couse we are deep in net with hasek and osgood (both stanley cup experience) and on our blue line we have one of the best D man ever to play the game. LIDSTROM!

Buffalo had a great year but i dont think they will win it. I would liek to see the sens go far, and i would also like to see the Pens go to the 3rd round too

450r51
04-11-2007, 12:46 PM
i think the sabres will have no problem beating the east, if they can get through the first series, seeing how they havent played a meaningfull game in 2 wks.

but that damn west scares the crap out of me, every team except for calgary can win the cup. should make for some great playoff hockey.

buffalo vs. nashville would be a great series.

04-11-2007, 12:47 PM
if it went to buffalo nashville, buffalo would take them....danny heatley is bad ***!

Quad18star
04-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
Detroit can go a long way if bertuzzi datsyuk and zetterberg are all healthy and producing. Of couse we are deep in net with hasek and osgood (both stanley cup experience) and on our blue line we have one of the best D man ever to play the game. LIDSTROM!

Buffalo had a great year but i dont think they will win it. I would liek to see the sens go far, and i would also like to see the Pens go to the 3rd round too

Detroit ALWAYS caughs in the playoffs ... it's like a yearly ritual !!!:blah:

04-11-2007, 01:03 PM
i guess winning the cup 3 out of the last 10 years is a caugh?

The next team in history to do that is the great edmonton oilers in the 80s lead by the greatest goal scorer of all time

04-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
i think the sabres will have no problem beating the east, if they can get through the first series, seeing how they havent played a meaningfull game in 2 wks.

but that damn west scares the crap out of me, every team except for calgary can win the cup. should make for some great playoff hockey.

buffalo vs. nashville would be a great series.

agreed!! but i'm a stars fan so i have to root for them....but to be honest i can really see anaheim doing it....i mean come on two guys that can carry a whole team on their back on the same team!!...ask edmonton if pronger can make a difference? and as far as neidermeyer goes, i don't think he'd ever come off the ice if it was up to him, and i wouldn't want him to with that talent!!...but i'm definitely ready for the greatest game on earth's playoffs!!!

Warlord
04-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Let's go Sabres! I am betting vanek will score about 5 goals per series. I would be surprised if the islanders won a game. Too bad you can't get tickets though.

roundsy
04-11-2007, 06:15 PM
i'm a leaf fan but my second favorite team is the dallas stars so i will be rooting fo them but i really think san jose is going to win the cup and they will face buffalo in the finals

Quad18star
04-11-2007, 06:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49sqgSv5SE0

I have to ask .... why not mess with the Sabres ??

Let's analyze the video .

First one . ..Mair goes after Spezza .

Spezza isn't a fighter ... he's a goal scorer . Mair should have atleast taken on a Sens tough guy if he wanted some respect ... but no he was out trying to get revenge because of an elbow .

2nd one ... Biron and Emery

Emery took on Biron no problem . You can say he whooped his *** .. in goalie fight terms .

3rd one .. Emery vs Peters .

Peters is an NHL tough guy .. ranked one of the best fighters in the league ... what's he doing going after a goaltender ?? What even funnier , is that Emery actually hung with him ... with all 40 lbs more of equipment . Take a look at the video closely and you'll see Ray Emery laughing .

Peters vs Emery just shows how the Sabres work . They send their toughest guy to fight the goaltender , and he can't even whoop his ***.

4th one ... Philips vs Kaleta

As you could see in the clip , Kaleta was no match for Philips .

5th one ... Murray vs Ruff

I call this one a draw . LOL . Although if Ruff would have jumped the boards , Murray would have laid Ruffs *** on the ice .

And all of this because of a clean hit by Chris Neal on Drury . Wake up call for Drury .... keep your head up !!!!!!:devil:

HondaEXrider22
04-11-2007, 06:39 PM
A stupid question by a not so much but sorta fan - Hows the Devils doing?

Quad18star
04-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Oh ya ... let me add to my little comparison .

The Rematch a couple nights later ... remember February 24th 2007 ?? :blah:

1st . Neil tried to go with Mair in the first period . Mair backed out .

2nd . McGratten vs Peters .... McGratten beat down Peters .

3rd . Mair and Neil finally go at it . Neil takes down Mair no problem .

Final score .... Sens beat the Sabres 6-5 . :devil:

Sens are a tougher team !!!!:devil:

p.s Don't take it personally .... it's just playoff talk/hype going on .....;)

Quad18star
04-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
A stupid question by a not so much but sorta fan - Hows the Devils doing?

The Devils are second in their conference with 107 points behind the Sabres who have 113 pts .

They're in the playoffs.

Nick110
04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I have to ask .... why not mess with the Sabres ??

Let's analyze the video .

First one . ..Mair goes after Spezza .

3rd one .. Emery vs Peters .

Peters is an NHL tough guy .. ranked one of the best fighters in the league ... what's he doing going after a goaltender ?? What even funnier , is that Emery actually hung with him ... with all 40 lbs more of equipment . Take a look at the video closely and you'll see Ray Emery laughing .

5th one ... Murray vs Ruff

I call this one a draw . LOL . Although if Ruff would have jumped the boards , Murray would have laid Ruffs *** on the ice .

OK, Mair went after Spezza because of the Neil hit. So he was just sticking up for his teammate.

Peters went after Emery because Emery is a Boxer when hes not playing hockey. And I beleive he is pretty good too.

Murray vs. Ruff--- Not a chance in hell Murray would beat Lindy. Lindy would deff lay a whoopin on him.

Quad18star
04-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
OK, Mair went after Spezza because of the Neil hit. So he was just sticking up for his teammate.

Peters went after Emery because Emery is a Boxer when hes not playing hockey. And I beleive he is pretty good too.

Murray vs. Ruff--- Not a chance in hell Murray would beat Lindy. Lindy would deff lay a whoopin on him.

Why did Mair go after Spezza ?? Spezza had nothing to do with it !!! If he wanted to settle the score , he'd have went after Neil , but he knew that Neil would lay him out on the ice . I guess he didn't want to pull a Fedoruk and have pins and plates put in his face . ;)

Ya Emery is a tough guy , but he's also a goalie . Why would a Sabres tough guy go after a goaltender?? Could he not find anyone else on the ice to fight against ?? Or maybe he knew that Emery might have been tired after the first fight against Biron , and that he could beat down the goaltender ?!?! None the less , you don't fight a goalie that has extra equipment weight and that just fought soemone else .

I watched Emery play and fight when he was in the OHL . He's a tough sucker . If you've ever seen him without a shirt , the guy is built like a brick chithouse !!!

Ruff = no contest for Murray . Murray is taller , bigger and has more hair !!!! :devil: :blah:

Warlord
04-12-2007, 03:39 AM
Mair went after spezza because neil put a head check on one of buffalo's star players. I applaud ruff for setting that up, he is sending a message that they will not put up with such dirty hitting intended to injure star players. And I think lindy would beat the living crap out of murray. Lindy was a tough sob when he played. That fight was funny though, peters had to go after emery because nobody else would fight him. He chased heatley (who is a big guy) around the rink and heatley ran away like the pansy he is. At least he could have grabbed peters and held on.

roundsy
04-12-2007, 07:00 AM
too bad Ruff and Murray didn't go, that would have been too awesome. Ruff definately woulda whooped his butt too! I really wish Ruff would have at least hit him once in the mouth though, anything to shut Murray up with that annoying lissssp

and who really cares about who went after who that night, we can all agree that it was some of the most exciting games played this year and goalie fights are always awesome!!

mx428
04-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Ray Emery is a freaking beast. Peters fighting him was lame. But Emery was deffinatley laughing while the were "fighting"

Alberta_Qaudin
04-12-2007, 11:14 AM
i think everyone is lover looking the sharks, for 2 years they have had a VERY strong over looked team, and this year with Guerin, who had his best year in his career last time he played with thorton is doing his part, and marleau is one of the most under rated young players in the NHL, i put my money on them.

My team is the oilers too but with them being out.....well REALLY being out, i'm not going for anyone really but will put my bet on sharks, or vancouver, i dont think we have seen everything out of luongo yet.

i wont argue or count anyone out yet, because anything can happen in the play offs, even more so with the "new NHL" but those 2 along with maybe buffalo, but the past would go to show that the #1 teams dont always stack up the way they should in the play offs

and with that said....c'mon 2007/2008 season

Quad18star
04-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Warlord
Mair went after spezza because neil put a head check on one of buffalo's star players. I applaud ruff for setting that up, he is sending a message that they will not put up with such dirty hitting intended to injure star players. And I think lindy would beat the living crap out of murray. Lindy was a tough sob when he played. That fight was funny though, peters had to go after emery because nobody else would fight him. He chased heatley (who is a big guy) around the rink and heatley ran away like the pansy he is. At least he could have grabbed peters and held on.

Take a look at the video . Neil put a clean hit on Drury . Drury was admiring his pass and Neil rocked him . Like Don Cherry would say , keep your head up when you're in the trolley tracks !!!

Head check ?? What do you expect from a guy that is 6 or 7 inches taller ... want him to get down on his knees to hit him ?? :blah: I guess he could have taken him out at the knees , right?? ;)

Heatley was playing the puck , Peters grabbed him from behind and tried to rip his head off , then skated towards the fight at center ice . Heatley wanted to pair up with Kaleta , but Kaleta was the one that pansied out .

Once again , if Peters wanted to be a well respected tough guy in the league , he wouldn't have went after Emery . But like I said , I guess it was easier for him to fight a goalie with extra equipment on, who had just fought someone else .

I've watched him fight a few times this year , and he doesn't impress me too much . Remember his fight against Wade Belak of the Leafs ?? What happened to Peters ?? Oh Ya , He got beat down !!!

March 21st ... Breashear vs Peters ... Peters gets a beat down .

A few years back .. Peters vs Rob Ray ... Peters got his *** whooped.

Josh Gratton vs Peters ... Gratton had him beat , so Peters just decides to wrestle him to the ground .

Andre Roy vs Peters ... Peters gets beat and knows it , so he wrestles Roy down to the ice .

Another GREAT one .. George Laraque vs Peters ... total *** whooping !!

For an NHL " tough guy" , he's sure got beat quite a few times .

mx428
04-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
i think everyone is lover looking the sharks, for 2 years they have had a VERY strong over looked team, and this year with Guerin, who had his best year in his career last time he played with thorton is doing his part, and marleau is one of the most under rated young players in the NHL, i put my money on them.

My team is the oilers too but with them being out.....well REALLY being out, i'm not going for anyone really but will put my bet on sharks, or vancouver, i dont think we have seen everything out of luongo yet.

i wont argue or count anyone out yet, because anything can happen in the play offs, even more so with the "new NHL" but those 2 along with maybe buffalo, but the past would go to show that the #1 teams dont always stack up the way they should in the play offs

and with that said....c'mon 2007/2008 season Ales Hemsky is sooooo good.

04-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Take a look at the video . Neil put a clean hit on Drury . Drury was admiring his pass and Neil rocked him . Like Don Cherry would say , keep your head up when you're in the trolley tracks !!!

Head check ?? What do you expect from a guy that is 6 or 7 inches taller ... want him to get down on his knees to hit him ?? :blah: I guess he could have taken him out at the knees , right?? ;)

Heatley was playing the puck , Peters grabbed him from behind and tried to rip his head off , then skated towards the fight at center ice . Heatley wanted to pair up with Kaleta , but Kaleta was the one that pansied out .

Once again , if Peters wanted to be a well respected tough guy in the league , he wouldn't have went after Emery . But like I said , I guess it was easier for him to fight a goalie with extra equipment on, who had just fought someone else .

I've watched him fight a few times this year , and he doesn't impress me too much . Remember his fight against Wade Belak of the Leafs ?? What happened to Peters ?? Oh Ya , He got beat down !!!

March 21st ... Breashear vs Peters ... Peters gets a beat down .

A few years back .. Peters vs Rob Ray ... Peters got his *** whooped.

Josh Gratton vs Peters ... Gratton had him beat , so Peters just decides to wrestle him to the ground .

Andre Roy vs Peters ... Peters gets beat and knows it , so he wrestles Roy down to the ice .

Another GREAT one .. George Laraque vs Peters ... total *** whooping !!

For an NHL " tough guy" , he's sure got beat quite a few times .

a couple of responses to your pro-ottawa banter...first..don cherry is an idiot...just because he says what he feels doesn't make it intelligent....next yeah by nhl standards it was a clean hit, but it was a dirty hit also....neil tries to hurt people, smaller ones that is!! and he knows he can only do it when they are A) smaller, and B) not looking...if that was andrew peters, he would not have even thru that hit..plain and simple!! just like last night laraque wanted him to go, but of course he wanted nothing to do with it!! if it would have been someone a lot smaller or not a fighter he would have been all over it...so in my book he's a coward!! we can all beat up people smaller than ourselves. and ya of course he can beat up adam mair, how many fights has mair had? he's not a fighter he's a grinder, don't confuse the 2!! now i agree that peters shouldn't have fought emery(which i would have liked to see how emery would have done w/o the chest protector on though) but anyone of the other wussified senators could have stepped in at anytime and taken that beating for him...stafford stepped up to neil even though he probaly knew what the outcome was gonna be.....and as far as the mcgratton vs. peters a couple of nights later...mcgrattan was almost knocked out with the first punch...now he did come back and maybe get a draw, but he didn't in no way shape or form BEAT andrew peters....i'm gonna guess that you being from suds,ontario that your view of the sens is somewhat skewed

mx428
04-12-2007, 01:56 PM
I think its gonna come down to Buffalo and Ottowa or Buffalo and the Canucks in the east. West, probably sharks.

CorvetteZ06
04-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Lets go Rangers!!

Warlord
04-12-2007, 04:52 PM
I agree that peters is a boring fighter. Most tough guys are. And peters usually beats mcgratton and he even pounded the hell out of brashear earlier in the year. You can't honestly say neal hit drury cleanly, the only part of drury that made contact with neil was his HEAD! Same as peter shaffers elbow last year in the playoff that knocked tim connoly out for an entire year. Seems the sens have a history of purposefully injuring star players. They try to do it within the confines of the league's extremely outdated rules though. But comparing the toughness of buffalo and ottawa is not really logical. Neither are the least bit tough.:D

04-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Warlord
I agree that peters is a boring fighter. Most tough guys are. And peters usually beats mcgratton and he even pounded the hell out of brashear earlier in the year. You can't honestly say neal hit drury cleanly, the only part of drury that made contact with neil was his HEAD! Same as peter shaffers elbow last year in the playoff that knocked tim connoly out for an entire year. Seems the sens have a history of purposefully injuring star players. They try to do it within the confines of the league's extremely outdated rules though. But comparing the toughness of buffalo and ottawa is not really logical. Neither are the least bit tough.:D

agreed!! i would have to say easily the most well rounded team would have to be anaheim....they obviously have defense, scoring, and are very tough...that would leave only goaltending...i guess we'll see if they can get "giggy" with it again...:D

450r51
04-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by mx428
I think its gonna come down to Buffalo and Ottowa or Buffalo and the Canucks in the east. West, probably sharks.

really? cuz the canucks are in the west?

and im throwing this out there right now,

ruff would kill the ottawa coach.

peters is a girl when it comes to fighting, everytime he fights i laugh, hes only had what like 4 goals in all his nhl career. when he scored this year, buffalo announcer was shocked it didnt bounce off his head and go into the net, he actually made a hockey move.

and quadstar18, are you still jealous we smoked ottawa last year in the playoffs? i think so......:macho :devil:

mx428
04-13-2007, 10:07 AM
really? cuz the canucks are in the west?

and im throwing this out there right now,

ruff would kill the ottawa coach.

peters is a girl when it comes to fighting, everytime he fights i laugh, hes only had what like 4 goals in all his nhl career. when he scored this year, buffalo announcer was shocked it didnt bounce off his head and go into the net, he actually made a hockey move.

and quadstar18, are you still jealous we smoked ottawa last year in the playoffs? i think so......:macho :devil: haha. i meant Buffalo/Ottawa and the Sharks/ Canucks for the east/west.

Calgary got owned last night. The Wings looked really really good.

Versus has the Canucks/Stars game on tonight.

04-13-2007, 10:53 AM
if the wings dont make it to atleast the 3rd round, itll be a disapointment to me. The good news is we sign datsyuk to 7 years :D

Alberta_Qaudin
04-13-2007, 11:49 AM
this is a good thread.......i hope for the best for the canucks, but i dont know if they have what it is gunna take to go all the way.

for the guy who said Don Cherry is an idiot you dont have to like Don not many do but no one can argue his hockey knowledge. everyone said he was an idiot last year when after the first round he said the oilers would go to the finals, and that they would play Carolina in the finals...that was a pretty idiot call i guess....

but beyond that we can all argue all we want for our teams, just like if the oilers had made it i would argue for them, but fact is in the new NHL, with all of the talent, and especially the unlikely play off hero's like we saw last year, you cant call it. you can say who you THINK will make it and even call who the stronger team is but cant call who will get the cup.

04-13-2007, 11:59 AM
^^^ very true. There is so many dangerous players now its like every team dont jst have 1 guy to go to. Alot of teams are 2 or 3 GOOD lines deep! And every team has atleast 1 goalie that could win the cup for them. All that reflects on the scouting. They scout from all over the world now. Its isnt just a Canadian thing. Alot of Europeans and Russians are running hockey now. I think as long as the refs dont call too many weak calls it will be a great playoff year.

Quad18star
04-13-2007, 01:29 PM

and quadstar18, are you still jealous we smoked ottawa last year in the playoffs? i think so......:macho :devil:

No jealousy ... my team , the Oilers , made it to the finals last year ... that's all that mattered .

This year , well , ya know ... a few ups and a lot of downs ... it's just the way it goes. :ermm:

As for Cherry , like someone else mentioned , not many people like him , but the guy tells it as it is . #1 rule in hockey ... keep your head up and don't admire your pass .... unless of course you want to be laid out on the ice like Drury was. It's something they teach you in PeeWee .

Anyone watch any of the games lastnight ?? Detroit vs Calgary was one of the most boring games I've watched all year , except at the end with a brawl .

The Islanders sure put up a fight against the Sabres and actually gave them a run for their money. It'll be a good series.

I love this time of year ... between the NHL playoffs and the OHL playoffs , I get to watch hockey almost every night. :devil: I'm super stoked ..... our hometown OHL team ( the Sudbury Wolves) just swept the #1 team in the OHL , and that was ranked one of the best in Canada ( Barrie Colts) , 4 games to 0 in the 2nd round of the playoffs . :devil: :devil:

flyboy62
04-13-2007, 03:45 PM
LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!

450r51
04-13-2007, 04:43 PM
The Islanders sure put up a fight against the Sabres and actually gave them a run for their money. It'll be a good series.

the islanders did not put up a fight at all.

dubie played an amazing game for the isles and thats it. the islanders only had 1 yes 1 shot on goal the first period. if doobie wasnt on his game it could have easily been 4-1 heading into the third period. unless there defence can stop the sabres, they dont have a chance.

oh and the drury hit was clean in my opinion, but to have chris neil, a guy who was quoted saying " i hit to hurt people" and the fact that drury is a star player is why i didnt like the hit. imagine if crosby or ovechkin got hit like that, neil would have been suspended no doubt about it.

also don cherry is the man!

mephyst
04-13-2007, 04:52 PM
WOOOOOOOO GO DUCKS!!!!!

j/k. I could care less about hockey, but how are the ducks doing? They are like 10mins away from me.

mx428
04-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by mephyst
WOOOOOOOO GO DUCKS!!!!!

j/k. I could care less about hockey, but how are the ducks doing? They are like 10mins away from me. They won the 1st game of their series 2-1 a few nights ago againt the Minnesota Wild. They play again tonight at 7:30 your time on KDOC or KSTC:)

Quad18star
04-13-2007, 06:21 PM

the islanders did not put up a fight at all.

dubie played an amazing game for the isles and thats it. the islanders only had 1 yes 1 shot on goal the first period. if doobie wasnt on his game it could have easily been 4-1 heading into the third period. unless there defence can stop the sabres, they dont have a chance.

oh and the drury hit was clean in my opinion, but to have chris neil, a guy who was quoted saying " i hit to hurt people" and the fact that drury is a star player is why i didnt like the hit. imagine if crosby or ovechkin got hit like that, neil would have been suspended no doubt about it.

also don cherry is the man!

What I meant by them putting up a fight , was they atleast they didn't get blown out . Last seed vs top seed , you'd expect a game that has a high score for the stronger team and a low score for the weaker team.

Out of all the games on TV lastnight , this one was the most exciting . Fast plays , and hard hitting ... the other games were boring , In my opinion !!!

Of course Neil is hitting to hurt people . Ottawa and Buffalo were battling for positioning all season ... what's the best way to come out on top ?? Make sure the other team is hurting and off their game . Neil probably didn't intended to give Drury a concussion , but he did lay a solid hit , in which Drury wasn't prepared to receive . Look at Lindros ... look at how many times he got caught with his head down or caught admiring his passes. He got rocked by guys that were smaller than him , but when your head is down , you're vulnerable .

Crosby has been hit hard . Until the Pens picked up Laraque , Crosby was an open target for anyone . Look at the cheapshots that were taken to him all season ... everything from big hits , to slashes to butt-ends . Laraque is now there as an enforcer to lay down the law when Crosby is hit .

The main difference between Laraque and Peters .. Laraque wouldn't fight a goaltender ... he has more respect than that.

One thing I like about Ovechkin ... the kid can score goals , lay down hits and isn't affraid to drop the gloves if need be . He's a tough boy. Reminds me a lot of Iginla or Dion Phaneuff.

450r51
04-13-2007, 08:24 PM
regardless, crosby is still a whiner and a diver in my opinion.

and come on peters really didnt fight emery, emery would kill peters if he actually wasnt laughing his *** off.

all i know is the sabres will win the cup as long as we dont loose 5 of our 6 starting defensemen like we did last year.

mephyst
04-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by mx428
They won the 1st game of their series 2-1 a few nights ago againt the Minnesota Wild. They play again tonight at 7:30 your time on KDOC or KSTC:)

cool. thanks. =] maybe i will go see them sometime soon. i can go anytime for free. my best friend owns box tickets.

Alberta_Qaudin
04-14-2007, 09:42 PM
so where did rick dipietro come from, he might actually give the islanders a shot if he can keep the net like that for another 5 games

450r51
04-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
so where did rick dipietro come from, he might actually give the islanders a shot if he can keep the net like that for another 5 games

um yea, kinda shocked me when i was watching the game, although the second and third peiod was all sabres no goalie can be that good every game against such a high powered offense.

it was a good game none the less.

04-15-2007, 08:51 AM
11 penalties to five and i didn't see crosby whining yesterday. he took an obvious stick or forearm to the face right in front of an offical and no penalty called. yet they still won on a crosby goal...the kid don't whine or take falls, he is very hard to knock off his feet...he plays smart...

and how about that late hit to roberts with all officials staring right at him...that was well after the whistle...still no call on that one too...

ok i realize it is the playoff, but some consistancy with the calls, one team should never have 2 times the penalties

i think buffalo will take the cup though

Alberta_Qaudin
04-15-2007, 10:29 PM
dont let this thread die guys good nhl arguing is as good as it gets. pitsburg looses again, anahiem is 3-0, calgary is 2-0 as detroit walks away with it.......who is still confident about their team

04-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Yep detroit won yesterday. They are up 2-0....i think detroit should go to ATLEAST the 3rd round

450r51
04-16-2007, 09:42 PM
im still very confident about the sabres game two should have been theres but dipietro is a very good goalie, im just glad were up 2-1.

im rooting for pittsburg to beat ottawa, and for the lightening to beat new jersey, if that happens the sabres will most deffinetly win the east and hopefully not face detroit in the west.

mx428
05-19-2007, 07:23 PM
so who do u think is going to win?

Buffalo Sabres = 2007 Stanley Cup Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49sqgSv5SE0 http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2007/05/sens_celebrate_051907_325x235.jpg

Guess not?

05-20-2007, 07:42 AM
whoever wins game 5 today of the wings/ducks series, will win the stanley cup. The west is so much harder then the east. If ottawa was in the west they wouldnt of made it this far. No disrespect, i like the sens but they are not a stanley cup team IMO

mx428
05-20-2007, 07:54 AM
whoever wins game 5 today of the wings/ducks series, will win the stanley cup. The west is so much harder then the east. If ottawa was in the west they wouldnt of made it this far. No disrespect, i like the sens but they are not a stanley cup team IMO Senators will win the cup.

05-20-2007, 08:08 AM
but the east is overall so much easier then the west, sure the sens beat buffalo in 5 games but buffalo choked IMO....even all the numbers that ottawa and buffalo generated int he east, those numbers would be alot smaller if they played the majority of their games agenst western conference teams like san jose, detroit, anaheim, etc...That akes me think whoever comes out of the west is going to win it all, and i say whoever wins game 5 because when the series is tied 2-2 whoever wins game 5 wins the series about 80% of the time...

hetrick_racing9
05-20-2007, 08:27 AM
im rooting for ottawa but well see wut happens

mx428
05-20-2007, 11:26 AM
but the east is overall so much easier then the west, sure the sens beat buffalo in 5 games but buffalo choked IMO....even all the numbers that ottawa and buffalo generated int he east, those numbers would be alot smaller if they played the majority of their games agenst western conference teams like san jose, detroit, anaheim, etc...That akes me think whoever comes out of the west is going to win it all, and i say whoever wins game 5 because when the series is tied 2-2 whoever wins game 5 wins the series about 80% of the time... I guess we won't know for sure until game one of the Finals:D

05-20-2007, 07:35 PM
yup, we will see, i cant beleie the ducks pulled off that win today!! WOW...now the wings are in trouble, down 3-2 going back to anaheim for game 6....it sure will be interesting

05-21-2007, 05:43 AM
but the east is overall so much easier then the west, sure the sens beat buffalo in 5 games but buffalo choked IMO....even all the numbers that ottawa and buffalo generated int he east, those numbers would be alot smaller if they played the majority of their games agenst western conference teams like san jose, detroit, anaheim, etc...That akes me think whoever comes out of the west is going to win it all, and i say whoever wins game 5 because when the series is tied 2-2 whoever wins game 5 wins the series about 80% of the time...

so you just admitted that the wings are goin' down....and as far as your input about the west vs. east....who won the last 3 cups?

05-21-2007, 05:46 AM
whoever wins game 5 today of the wings/ducks series, will win the stanley cup. The west is so much harder then the east. If ottawa was in the west they wouldnt of made it this far. No disrespect, i like the sens but they are not a stanley cup team IMO

i really have to question your knowledge of hockey....the east and west are different yes....but one i would not say is better than the other...what proof do you offer that the west is better than the east?

05-21-2007, 08:21 AM
i know a thing or 2 about hockey ;) But as far as the east vs west just look at the standings, ( i know standing dont mean nothing in playoffs) but the West had 7 out of the 8 teams above 100 point mark, the east only had 4 out of the 8......Another thing to look at is look at the 7th seed on the east and west, the west almost alwasy has a better record, 8th seed vs 8th seed, etc...the west overall is stronger, not saying the east cant win the cup but the west has been stronger for a lil while now

Quad18star
05-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Let's go SENS !!!!!!

I just hope Anaheim finishes off the Wings . I hate Detroit , so I hope it's a blow out in game 6. :devil:

The Sens will be well rested and eager to tackle their next opponent in the finals.

05-22-2007, 07:29 AM
dlerch how would you say the west and east are equal? where is your proff?

05-22-2007, 09:08 AM
who has won the last 3 cups? both leagues have patsies, and both league have elite teams...what do i need to proove? you speak from the stand point that you are a redwings fan...so of course you're gonna say they play in a harder conference...you're just setting it up to explain why the ducks are gonna knock them out tonight...;)

Quad18star
05-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Go Ducks Go .... I hope they clobber the Wings tonight . :devil:

05-22-2007, 12:36 PM
it has nothing to do with what team i am for, its all about stats, the western conference wins the majority of the games when it is a west team vs a east, not once did i mention detroit. Anaheim has a great team this year, they had 48 wins, if they do beat detroit good for them. I know my hockey and i have played long enough to respect other teams. Teemu is a great player, to mention they have 2 outta the 3 norris throphy finalist in their line up...Anaheim is a good team

Dlerch now i really have to question your hockey knowledge :confused:

Quad18star
05-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Why can't someone question my hockey knowledge for once ?!?!?! :( ;)

Here's my opinion .... I don't like Detroit and never really have . I hate them even more now because of Chelios ... a player that I could never stand since the time I started watching hockey as a wee little guy .

Anaheim has a good team , but the only reason I'd like to see Detroit beat them would be because they have Pronger .... a guy that's a pansy. A guy his size should be a stand up player , but he's not ... he's a dirty player and IMO a bad defenceman. He also lets his wife call the shots .... the main reason he's out of Edmonton .... his pus*y wanted the nice warm sun of California. I'm glad he's out of Oil country because he's a whiner and played terrible in last year's finals .... a series that the OIl should have won but because of his idiotic plays on the blueline , screwed up their chances.

Now with that being said .... My hate for Detroit overpowers my hate for Anaheim , so I hope the Ducks knock them out tonight and that JS Giguere has an opportunity to show off his pure talent in the finals .

But with that being said ... it doesn't matter who's in the finals ... Ottawa is sitting back , recovering and ready to hoist the Cup for the Nation that invented the game . :devil:

05-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Wings game just got over and wow did they make something out of nothing. From begind down 3-0 and being ddown 4-1, come back to almost force it into OT, very exciting to watch. Detroit played a horrible, HORRIBLE 2nd period, it looked like a peewee game out there...But the ducks will go on to face the sens in the finals, Alfredsons line is just...wow...that line will be hard to control

Quad18star
05-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Adios Red Wings . :devil:

Ottawa vs Anaheim in the NHL Stanley Cup Finals . It's going to be a great series .

Now back to tonights game , and more importantly the actions of Chris Chelios. Remember I said I hated him as a player ?? My hate for him has now gone to a whole new level. The guy is such a sore loser , that even after the game when all the players were shaking hands , this douche skated off the ice and didn't shake hands with anyone except for the coaching staff. No wonder no one in the league likes the guy. Even the announcers commented on how it shows his true class and they laughed about it . Someone oughta send him a skid full of tissue papers so he can wipe the tears from his eyes.

Way to go Chris " The SORE LOSER" Chelios ... you will now be the laughing matter of the League !!!!

05-23-2007, 08:09 AM
chelios is warrior, that guy is someone i have respect for, being one of the top guys in the league in his mid 40s is something very few have done. I didnt see him skate off the ice without shaking hands (not saying it didnt happen though). It sure was a close game near the end, but hey going to the final 4 isnt too shabby. They will be back agan another year, like always. Afterall being the most successful team in the past decade is pretty impressive. Datsyuk got signed for a long contract too :D Dlerch you do have to respect cheli for his impact on the league and teams that he has played on, not to mention i think he is going on his 26th season and said he dont plan on stoping anytime soon

as for the finals, i say ducks in 6.... ottawa is hot right now though, alfredson is one hell of a hockey player

05-23-2007, 03:20 PM
i didn't see the chelios thing....i've always liked him....i didn't always agree with some of the stuff he said or did...but for not being that big or fast he's been in a tough league for a long time...i will say this, if did not shake hands, i don't like that at all. but i would like to hear his reasons first before i pass judgement...

06-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by dlerch
agreed!! but i'm a stars fan so i have to root for them....but to be honest i can really see anaheim doing it....i mean come on two guys that can carry a whole team on their back on the same team!!...ask edmonton if pronger can make a difference? and as far as neidermeyer goes, i don't think he'd ever come off the ice if it was up to him, and i wouldn't want him to with that talent!!...but i'm definitely ready for the greatest game on earth's playoffs!!!

this was my prediction from april 12th....do i know my hockey or what!!!:cool:

06-07-2007, 05:15 PM
maybe you should play the lotto :confused: