PDA

View Full Version : Gearing and parts

oldfartracer
04-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Rode our KFX450 for the first time last night. The gearing is to low for MX, what gearing changes has anyone tried?
Also our dealer says that no service or parts manuals are available at this time, does anyone know where to get them?
What oil filter does it use, does anyone other tham Roll have LT
A-arms for it. Does anyone make exhaust other than Pro-Circuit, how about an airfilter, tuneable ECU ?
Please let me know, we want to get started on this ASAP.
Thanks

QUADROOKIE
04-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Check out kfx450hq dot com and kfx450central dot com
Lot's of great info there.

adrenalinefreak
04-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Motoworks make a pipe for it. We actually raced ours this past weekend in the WORCS Rd 4 race in Idaho. Made a big difference! Sounds a lot better too! So far I have only seen Roll Design for arms...primarily b/c the way the arms are attached!

Check out the moto works pipe

feature05
04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
The oil filter is a Kawi product part number 1035. Exhausts, LTD, yoshi, two brothers, pro circuit, trinity and a couple of others are out. Actually I think on the Kawi website you can buy the manuals. Check it out.

bustedknuckle
04-11-2007, 03:55 PM
oil filter is same as 1100 intruder street bike.

oldfartracer
04-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak
Motoworks make a pipe for it. We actually raced ours this past weekend in the WORCS Rd 4 race in Idaho. Made a big difference! Sounds a lot better too! So far I have only seen Roll Design for arms...primarily b/c the way the arms are attached!

Check out the moto works pipe
Do you have a different ECU.
How did you make changes for the pipe?
What gearing did you use?

pcmamerica
04-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Its a moose racing front sprocket. 15 tooth. It works and helps the gearing but it still could use more. The only way you are going to get more gearing is by changing the rear sprocket and we havent found one yet. Tomorrow I will. The YFZ450 uses the same front sprocket so you can just pick up an aftermarket one of those. make sure its not a genuin yamaha sprocket or it will have some rubber stuff on it.

Top speed is 69.8 stock and with the new gearing its 73.4 on GPS.

Jeff