PDA

View Full Version : Tatoo advice

firefighterjosh
04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
My GF has a nasty scare on her left hip/back area. It pretty bad but she wants to hide it with a tattoo. Not sure what she wants or when she wants it.

My questions are....

Does a tattoo look right over a scare?

Also when she has kids someday will that part of you back strech?

She is skinny so any kind of fat would stretch her lol

jonboy
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
A Tat is nothing more than a scar itself. If she finds one that she likes that will cover her scar by all means get it. Thats just my $.02

Quad18star
04-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Many tattoo artists won't draw over scars .

Luzinski
04-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Miami ink tatoo'd over a chick with self infilcted scars om her stomach and it turned out pretty nice... from what I remember.

RytM1
04-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Jon, you are right in the sense that tattooing creates scar tissue. You can tattoo over scars, but scars don't always hold ink as well as unscarred skin does, which is why some artists don't like to do it. I have a tattoo over a thin scar, and its not real noticeable unless you really look at it (tend to think the color difference is part of the tat). Depending on the color of ink, you will still see the scar somewhat, it just won't be as noticeable because the tat itself will draw attention away from it if you know what I mean.

slvrhwk
04-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Make sure its something she likes or has sometype of meaning to her and don't go to a shop where you have not seen the work the artist has done on someone. I made the mistake of getting drunk and walking into a shop with something I drew up and paying $175.00 for the before pic (yes i got screwed). Then a year later when to a different shop and had it altered for $80.00

Here's the before and after

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/slvrhwk/me/tat2.jpg

awsomeaussies
04-11-2007, 04:38 PM
She should just meet with a few different artist and see what they say. I got my tattoo redone by someone else because I wasnt happy with the first guy that did it and while he was reworking it, he told me that it had some scar tissue and the more you miss with it the more the ink will start to bleed. So he worked around it. But other artist are more comfortable working with scars, so it just depends on there experience I think.

CRich[814]
04-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by slvrhwk
Here's the before and after

thats sick how the removed the before and wrote after on your back on the second picture.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
thats sick how the removed the before and wrote after on your back on the second picture.

is that being sarcastic??? I am pretty sure he put before and after in the pic....

firefighterjosh
04-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Ya she will have something she likes. She is picking it out lol.

We have a few good places I have seen there work from my friends getting them done. Its just the whole scar thing. Would hate it to be fed up at the end.

HondaEXrider22
04-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by LeGaCyGiAnT124
is that being sarcastic??? I am pretty sure he put before and after in the pic....

Yea I was thinkin the same thing...WTF he put that in the pic not the tat

hawaiikfx400
04-12-2007, 05:45 AM
it mostly depends on how big (thick and raised) the scar is i have a tat over a smaller flat scar, its all black but is still noticble, if you look close.as said manyy times depends on the artist, also on the shape and size of scar, and the design covering it.i would say from my experinse it would be fine.the tat artist will tell you if its possible and if it will come out good.most artists wont do a tat if they think it wont come out looking good, after all word of mouth and actuall tats being seen is 100 percent of tat artists bussiness and most wont risk it, if it woulnt turn out looking good.:macho