PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Truck .. Finally !!!

Quad18star
04-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Well I sold my POS Sunflower GT last week and have been driving around a friend's Ford Focus trying to search for a vehicle , and finally came across a truck today .

I picked up a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 extended cab 4x4 Laramie for $4900 CND . The truck just had a new paint job not too long ago , plus I got a new rear bumper and 2 extra tires with it . The mileage was decent at 180 000 KMs and with proper maintenance I should get well over 300 000 out of her ( hopefully .. keeping my fingers crossed)

I haven't gotten any pictures of it yet , but will snap a few tomorrow . She's a nice dark blue , with a Leer cap that has brackets welded to the top to fit a boat . :D

Finally I have somehing to haul the Grizzly around with . :devil:

Just thought I'd share my excitement with you all . LOL ;)

hardkoratvmxr
04-10-2007, 09:15 PM
good find and yea you should be able to squeeze that outta it

stalefish_132
04-10-2007, 10:09 PM
sounds like a good deal, auto or manual? 318 or 360? keep an eye on the transfercase and rear end. we had problems them on our '99.

hope you enjoy it.;)

97blaster200
04-10-2007, 10:21 PM
make sure to drain the oil in the rear after you go wheeling or your gonna have to replace it!

Quad18star
04-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by stalefish_132
sounds like a good deal, auto or manual? 318 or 360? keep an eye on the transfercase and rear end. we had problems them on our '99.

hope you enjoy it.;)

It's a 318 automatic .

I don't plan on doing much or any mudding with it . I basically bought it so that I can haul my Grizzly around and for that extra security of 4x4 in the winter time .

The truck will have all the fluids changed in it as soon as I have time .

There's no rust on the body anywhere , so that was an added bonus , plus it's been undercoated yearly . :)

My dad has a 94 dodge 4x4 with over 320 000 KMs , so hopefully I can get the same out of this one . :cool:

insaneracin2003
04-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Hopefully the GRIZZ will fit back there. or the Dodge fit on the GRIZZ.....nice find Greg

firefighterjosh
04-10-2007, 11:35 PM
NIce!!! I almost bought a 99 1500 with a 318 in it.

Kinda wish I did cuz nothing fits in my ranger bed without lifting it over the wheel wells which is a pain with a 600lb ute and only yourself:(

400exrider707
04-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Well where are the pics?

mr._bowtie
04-11-2007, 08:54 AM
The 318's are good motors, my major concern would be the tranny. Dodge had some trouble with em in that year range. Id defiantly do a fluid and filter change on it asap. If the fluid is dirty or smells burnt then Id be lookin for someone to fix it before it completly lays down.

Quad18star
04-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Here's the pictures that I said I'd show you guys .

The Truck . Not too bad for $4900 CND I don't think .
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/IMG_1493.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/IMG_1494.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/IMG_1495.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/IMG_1496.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/IMG_1497.jpg

The Grizzly getting a spring maintenance done. First mud run of the year is comming up in a couple of weeks ... April 28th to be exact . :devil:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/IMG_1498.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/IMG_1499.jpg

parkers30
04-11-2007, 01:11 PM
my dad drove a 2wd 98 to around 225k mi with nothing but regular fluid changes and normal maintenance. It was actually a pretty good truck other than the fuel mileage

Quad18star
04-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
my dad drove a 2wd 98 to around 225k mi with nothing but regular fluid changes and normal maintenance. It was actually a pretty good truck other than the fuel mileage

We'll see what kind of fuel mileage I get ... I just filled it up yesturday and it cost me $87 . I'm hoping it gets atleast decent mileage .

The RPMs are at 1300-1500 while on the highway doing 55-60 mph , so it should be TOO bad !!

mr._bowtie
04-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Sharp truck! Id say well done!

parkers30
04-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
We'll see what kind of fuel mileage I get ... I just filled it up yesturday and it cost me $87 . I'm hoping it gets atleast decent mileage .

his wasn't terrible, but running 75mph like he ALWAYS does it got right around 15, most people wouldn't complain, but his his new Chevy has way more power and get 18-19 doing the same. I don't know how that will compute into a 4x4 should be nice for haulin the Grizz though

04-11-2007, 02:38 PM
the rust on the bumper takes away from the whole effect of the truck i'd say.

it is a very nice truck, and from what i remember, to buy things up there it is a lot of $$, so that is a good truck for the price.
what i'd do:
sell the cap and use the money to buy new beefier tires and spend some money for a new bumper :D :D :D :D :D

Quad18star
04-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
the rust on the bumper takes away from the whole effect of the truck i'd say.

it is a very nice truck, and from what i remember, to buy things up there it is a lot of $$, so that is a good truck for the price.
what i'd do:
sell the cap and use the money to buy new beefier tires and spend some money for a new bumper :D :D :D :D :D

He gave me a new bumper with the truck . :devil: I just have to put it on .... when the weather warms up .

And I got 2 new tires with it also . Gunna run these down , then buy a bit bigger and more agressive tires . I'll be keeping the cap .... makes it a lot easier to haul things around in the winter time ... plus in the summer we go down some very dusty road to go fishing , so it'll help to keep the dust off the fishing gear . :D

Rafe19
04-11-2007, 05:41 PM
eh ur hcs man thats sweet, i was wondering what u ended up paying for ur pick up. I think you got a smokin deal on that truck looks to be in good shape with not that many km's on it. I'd drive it and im a chev guy. Gotta ask you something tho, How big is the quad seriers in ontario ? My cousins race dirtbike's i remeber watching them awhile back and there was only a couple out. I wanna get a trx bad and race but i don't want to go out and only have a couple other dude's to race against. The ****ty thing is to eh, if i get a trx i won't be able to get a new rev 800 so i was just going by a crf 250. But if the quad seriers is farly big then i prolly would end up gettin the trx. Thanks man.

Quad18star
04-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Rafe19
eh ur hcs man thats sweet, i was wondering what u ended up paying for ur pick up. I think you got a smokin deal on that truck looks to be in good shape with not that many km's on it. I'd drive it and im a chev guy. Gotta ask you something tho, How big is the quad seriers in ontario ? My cousins race dirtbike's i remeber watching them awhile back and there was only a couple out. I wanna get a trx bad and race but i don't want to go out and only have a couple other dude's to race against. The ****ty thing is to eh, if i get a trx i won't be able to get a new rev 800 so i was just going by a crf 250. But if the quad seriers is farly big then i prolly would end up gettin the trx. Thanks man.

Hey man ... yeah I'm on HCS .

The quad series is not too bad down in southern ontario . Not quite as big as the dirt bike siries , but it's got enough racers to make up a race every event . Up north here in the Central series , it sucks ... maybe 10 guys ... but the SWO series is big . There's a few Nationals here in Ontario , but the majority are in Quebec , which is a HUGE series . Quebec will have 500+ riders on a National weekend .

Thanks for the comment on the truck . It's just a beater truck for now ... something to haul the quad with and head up to my parents cottage and do some fishing.

If you're looking for a TRX 450r , a guy I know has one . Also my cousin's boyfriend has a completly decked out 04 YFZ 450 . It's loaded and ready to race . He only raced it a few times ... needs to sell to pay for college and wants a 4x4 instead . It's in AWESOME shape . You'd save thousands over new and get some of the best race parts available .

Rafe19
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Oh well thats good to hear, i think i'd feel more comfortable racing a quad as to racing a bike. Anyways what does that dude want for the trx ? and how much does ur cousin's boyfriend want for his yfz ? Thanks man.